• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The World's Most Expensive Xbox Controller is DONE

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
giphy.gif

Soodanim

Gold Member
All this just to get drift one month later.
I thought Xbox controllers were the ones that didn’t have a well known stick drift problem
What is it with the soy faces in the thumbnails?

595.gif
Whatever he’s doing it’s working, that channel knows how to get people watching.

I judge videos very harshly for thumbnails like it though, and if I don’t know the channel already I’m not going to watch content that looks like someone is a faux-energetic try-hard.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Pretty much all modern xbox/playstation/Nintendo controllers have the exact same issues since they use the exact same alps potentiometers for their sticks.
I did think about that when I was writing it, but it’s always Switch and Sony that get the heat for it so I guessed Xbox had some calibration/deadzone differences.

None of this changes the fact that a gold controller is a ridiculous statement of excess of course, just like any other electronic device encased in expensive materials.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It will never cease to amaze me,; golden controllers, golden gun skins in shooters... instant douche alert

-Edit: not to say all gold lovers are douches, btw.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Two videos of a thing that doesn't change shit

This is why I stoped caring for Linus

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I thought Xbox controllers were the ones that didn’t have a well known stick drift problem
They have the same sticks as the PlayStation and Nintendo controllers. It's even the same company that manufacturers the same stick for all companies and controllers -- including Xbox Elite controllers.

Soodanim

Gold Member
They have the same sticks as the PlayStation and Nintendo controllers. It's even the same company that manufacturers the same stick for all companies and controllers -- including Xbox Elite controllers.

I did think about that when I was writing it, but it’s always Switch and Sony that get the heat for it so I guessed Xbox had some calibration/deadzone differences.

None of this changes the fact that a gold controller is a ridiculous statement of excess of course, just like any other electronic device encased in expensive materials.

We still postin Linus, huh. Lmao 3 videos to show a controller?

Linus doesn't care about you. He doesn't care about gamers, and he doesn't care about the environment.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Surely its because so many children watch youtube and they respond to faces, which will increase your "viewership" a bunch.

Yup! AFAIK research concluded thumbnails with a (stupid, cringeworthy, bloodboiling) appearance have the tendency to be viewed and/or clicked on the most henceforth this sickening phenomena. Even channels who recognize and/or loathe it are more or less pressured into doing this, it's quite the trip ain't it. ( I must be saying it wrong but I think that's the gist of it)

Last edited:

Gold_Loot

What does SOY FACE actually mean?
Short version. It’s a bi product of a man with very little testosterone, and a love of all things soy.

The Soy face is usually made by a “hipster” like male. In photos , the male in question is smiling with there mouth wide agape and their eyes open wider than an Avenue D crack whore.

JimboJones

What does SOY FACE actually mean?
It's just a made up thing to make fun of guys acting like dorks, the pseudo science surrounding it is bogus nonsense.
The reason you see those dumb thumbnails is the youtube algorithm actively favours them, Linus knows they're kinda dumb but hey what ya gonna do, guy has to make a buck and his content generally makes up for it.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's just a made up thing to make fun of guys acting like dorks, the pseudo science surrounding it is bogus nonsense.
The reason you see those dumb thumbnails is the youtube algorithm actively favours them, Linus knows they're kinda dumb but hey what ya gonna do, guy has to make a buck and his content generally makes up for it.

Ah! Makes sense to me now.

Top Bottom