• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox October Update Rolls Out Today

Draugoth

Gold Member
The latest Xbox console update starts rolling out today bringing with it the ability to turn down your TV volume right on your Xbox Series X|S, Xbox controller firmware updates, and more.

Xbox-CEC-TV-volume-59d258f411df1be8de7f.jpg

- change TV volume
- search bar on top of home screen
- mute startup sounds
- select/change home Xbox
- power mode names changed
- Passkeys and guest keys renamed to Xbox PIN

reksveks

"Discord Voice

A Discord server & voice channel browser is now available when clicking the Discord button in the Guide under Parties & chats so account-linked users can join a voice channel directly from their console.

Users who do not have their Discord and Xbox account linked already will be directed to link their accounts after clicking the Discord button."

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/10...900/#:~:text=Discord Voice,the Discord button.

Banned

Fucking finally, a proper captures app and ability to transfer screens and videos to external media without needing to upload it.

Took them long enough.

I mean to be fair, uploading small clips (which is the main usage for 99% of people) is really fast and if you have the phone app you instantly can then download it there... or use the PC companion app do download it on PC.
and since your clips upload in the background that's usually faster I'd assume...

but options are always nice of course

Topher

Gold Member
Wish they would figure out how to let people change the audio output from speaker to headset without having to insert/remove the headset dongle.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Wish they would figure out how to let people change the audio output from speaker to headset without having to insert/remove the headset dongle.
Mine turn’s automatically when ever I connect a headset

NeonGhost

Yeah, I do. Otherwise, it plays sound between both headset and speakers. I'd like to be able to choose one or the other like I do on PS5.
Sounds like a issue with your dongle maybe try a different usb port

NeonGhost

I've tried multiple headsets. So with your 7x, you don't hear audio from your regular speakers with that mute thing unchecked but your dongle plugged in?
audio comes from both if it’s unchecked. Not really understanding what you are trying to accomplish

Topher

Gold Member
Turn on headset get headset audio . Turn off headset get speaker audio idk how hard that is

Doesn't work that way for me. To move from headset to speakers, I have to either dig into the settings and uncheck that mute button when headset attached every time or unplug the dongle. Then do the same in reverse when moving to headset. Guess PS5 spoiled me in that regard.

NeonGhost

Doesn't work that way for me. To move from headset to speakers, I have to either dig into the settings and uncheck that mute button when headset attached every time or unplug the dongle. Then do the same in reverse when moving to headset. Guess PS5 spoiled me in that regard.
That’s how it work with the 7x and that option checked turn on my headset all audio goes to it turn off headset all audio goes back to my speakers

Topher

Gold Member
Are you using a mix amp ? If so it probably thinks 2 different headset are connected so it doesn’t want to automatically switch

No, just HDMI out. I think it is just one of those rare defects after discussing it with you. Not a huge deal. Could definitely be worse. Maybe if this issue crops up for enough people they will put out a patch.

I appreciate you trying to help me figure it out. 🙏

NeonGhost

No, just HDMI out. I think it is just one of those rare defects after discussing it with you. Not a huge deal. Could definitely be worse. Maybe if this issue crops up for enough people they will put out a patch.

I appreciate you trying to help me figure it out. 🙏
Sorry it doesn’t work for wish my ps5 worked like how my Xbox does because I don’t like having to switch audio when turning in my headset for ps5

NeonGhost

Yeah, that is better, I agree.
Last thing I can say is check to see if your headset and dongle have a update available , make sure nothing is plugged into the headphone Jack on the controller, check out the steelseries 7x if you can

I wish I would not have to constantly get this update MS store? message, constantly! You update it but nothing happens and you keep getting it over and over.

Their UI and store is very buggy

The last 2 headsets I've owned work great in this regard. Old set was Audeze Penrose, I'd leave the dongle in all the time but it would only switch from my amp to headphones when i actually turned on the headphones. My current set is the Nova Pro and works just the same.
It's annoying on my PS5 having to go into the settings every time to switch manually. Maybe your headset needs a firmware update?

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
I mean to be fair, uploading small clips (which is the main usage for 99% of people) is really fast and if you have the phone app you instantly can then download it there... or use the PC companion app do download it on PC.
and since your clips upload in the background that's usually faster I'd assume...

but options are always nice of course
What makes you say 99% of people? I see no value on it. If I have a great game of overwatch and cod, I want to see the whole game. Specially in apex, it's very nuance, I want to see that last 15 mins game. Not the last 30 seconds. It also means I have to press the record button multiple times during game play, which isn't natural and has messed me up. This is a reason I go to Playstation for mp games.

There I'm able to simply record the last 3 mins, 5, mins 15 mins, heck up to 1 hour. Trim it in my system, and upload from there. Plus, they also added a feature for gameplay to go to your phone, so now they have what Xbox has + all the other benefits

In my YouTube channel I have full on awesome 113 kill cod games, from start to finish, and full on clutch ow2 games. And I can do it after the whole game ended, and even if I forget to record that epic game, that's fine, I can go an hour back.

They really gotta work on this on the Xbox side, it's really like this

Xbox:
Clips to phone only
No editing on console
30 sec to 3 mins
720p
No hdr
Need a hardrive for more recording time, have to edit on a pc and upload

Ps5:
Clips to phone AND clips on system
Editing on console
30 secs to 1 hour
1080p
Hdr
No hardrive needed, edit and uupload available within ps5

Night and day

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
What makes you say 99% of people? I see no value on it. If I have a great game of overwatch and cod, I want to see the whole game. Specially in apex, it's very nuance, I want to see that last 15 mins game. Not the last 30 seconds. It also means I have to press the record button multiple times during game play, which isn't natural and has messed me up. This is a reason I go to Playstation for mp games.

There I'm able to simply record the last 3 mins, 5, mins 15 mins, heck up to 1 hour. Trim it in my system, and upload from there. Plus, they also added a feature for gameplay to go to your phone, so now they have what Xbox has + all the other benefits

In my YouTube channel I have full on awesome 113 kill cod games, from start to finish, and full on clutch ow2 games. And I can do it after the whole game ended, and even if I forget to record that epic game, that's fine, I can go an hour back.

They really gotta work on this on the Xbox side, it's really like this

Xbox:
Clips to phone only
No editing on console
30 sec to 3 mins
720p
No hdr
Need a hardrive for more recording time, have to edit on a pc and upload

Ps5:
Clips to phone AND clips on system
Editing on console
30 secs to 1 hour
1080p
Hdr
No hardrive needed, edit and uupload available within ps5

Night and day
My Dustbuster(PS4 Pro) let me stream to YouTube or twitch and saved my stream to YouTube after it was done.

I’m pretty sure my Series X doesn’t do either of those things.

There are so many things MS got right, but many that need work.

Top Bottom