• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox October Update Rolls Out Today

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I mean to be fair, uploading small clips (which is the main usage for 99% of people) is really fast and if you have the phone app you instantly can then download it there... or use the PC companion app do download it on PC.
and since your clips upload in the background that's usually faster I'd assume...

but options are always nice of course

In my personal case, I need to upload the 10~15MB pics to onedrive to be able to get them in full quality. Twitter uploads are extremely shitty.

This will make it easier for me to export pics, also storing pics and videos on external so I don't use up the precious internal space.

Topher

Gold Member
Last thing I can say is check to see if your headset and dongle have a update available , make sure nothing is plugged into the headphone Jack on the controller, check out the steelseries 7x if you can

The last 2 headsets I've owned work great in this regard. Old set was Audeze Penrose, I'd leave the dongle in all the time but it would only switch from my amp to headphones when i actually turned on the headphones. My current set is the Nova Pro and works just the same.
It's annoying on my PS5 having to go into the settings every time to switch manually. Maybe your headset needs a firmware update?

There is no firmware update, but doesn't seem to matter. On the support website it says that plugging in the adapter will not change the audio from the TV to the headset. I thought it was my Xbox, but its this headset.

Kind of pathetic for a pair of $160 headphones "officially licensed" to Xbox.

Thanks for the help, either way.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
There is no firmware update, but doesn't seem to matter. On the support website it says that plugging in the adapter will not change the audio from the TV to the headset. I thought it was my Xbox, but its this headset.

Kind of pathetic for a pair of $160 headphones "officially licensed" to Xbox.

Thanks for the help, either way.
Check out the nova 7x can use dongle on the Xbox and Bluetooth for your phone at the same time

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
multiple things here are factually incorrect.
Last time I checked, in order to extend to 3 minutes it had to be 720p, and I saw no hdr option for dvr

And can you trim videos, cut them, make them shorter, etc on the Xbox itself? We used to have the upload studio, now we don't. Things go to my phone, and I have to edit there.

But I would love to know how this is incorrect

Banned
Last time I checked, in order to extend to 3 minutes it had to be 720p, and I saw no hdr option for dvr

And can you trim videos, cut them, make them shorter, etc on the Xbox itself? We used to have the upload studio, now we don't. Things go to my phone, and I have to edit there.

But I would love to know how this is incorrect

you can record HDR last time I checked. that was in fact the reason why the Xbox One S got an overclocked GPU, because the game DVR needed to record HDR and that took a bit more GPU power to do reliably.

and you can trim clips directly after you took them if you go to your recent captures on your Guide menu.

also, if you are recording such long videos apparently, why not hook up an external drive and just start your recording before a match, you can then let that run for 60min and delete the ones where nothing of interest happened.

as someone who only clips small highlights the Xbox recording and sharing feature was always far superior to the PlayStation's.

capture a clip, it automatically uploads and gets sent it to my feed and everyone can see it there.

on PS5 things improved thankfully tho. not only does it not take like 30sec anymore until the capture menu is actually responding to what I'm doing, but you can finally select the clip length outside of the system settings... but on PS4 recording was a dreadful exercise for my use case

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
you can record HDR last time I checked. that was in fact the reason why the Xbox One S got an overclocked GPU, because the game DVR needed to record HDR and that took a bit more GPU power to do reliably.

and you can trim clips directly after you took them if you go to your recent captures on your Guide menu.

also, if you are recording such long videos apparently, why not hook up an external drive and just start your recording before a match, you can then let that run for 60min and delete the ones where nothing of interest happened.

as someone who only clips small highlights the Xbox recording and sharing feature was always far superior to the PlayStation's.

capture a clip, it automatically uploads and gets sent it to my feed and everyone can see it there.

on PS5 things improved thankfully tho. not only does it not take like 30sec anymore until the capture menu is actually responding to what I'm doing, but you can finally select the clip length outside of the system settings... but on PS4 recording was a dreadful exercise for my use case
I don't know when I'm going to have a good match. That's the whole point 😂. If I had a kick ass match, it's good to know I can go back up to an hour to record it.

Yes, much better on ps5. It actually improved, and they also added the ability to have small clips sent to your phone via the app

Banned
I don't know when I'm going to have a good match. That's the whole point 😂. If I had a kick ass match, it's good to know I can go back up to an hour to record it.

Yes, much better on ps5. It actually improved, and they also added the ability to have small clips sent to your phone via the app

if you have a 60min recording time just stop the recording and delete between matches, takes a few seconds. so if you really are so often want to record full matches then this is a small price to pay imo

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
if you have a 60min recording time just stop the recording and delete between matches, takes a few seconds. so if you really are so often want to record full matches then this is a small price to pay imo
Any hardrive will do? It's all just too convenient on ps5

Swift_Star

Banned
I mean to be fair, uploading small clips (which is the main usage for 99% of people) is really fast and if you have the phone app you instantly can then download it there... or use the PC companion app do download it on PC.
and since your clips upload in the background that's usually faster I'd assume...

but options are always nice of course
That sounds like an unnecessary hassle.

Banned
Any hardrive will do? It's all just too convenient on ps5

I have my Retroarch HDD connected which gets detected as a viable drive to record to.

that's a PS4 Pro HDD that I took out of the Pro (replaced with a 2TB drive) and then put into an external HDD enclosure... so if that shit ass drive works most should work

Swift_Star

Banned
I mean... connecting a USB drive, copying over the files and then copying them over to a PC sounds like less of a hassle to you?
Both sounds like a hassle. I’d rather upload the videos directly from the console like I do on switch and on ps5

Justin9mm

Lol. No it's not.
My navigation sounds are muted, I didn't have that option before until an update some months ago, I'm not an insider either.

Go to Profile & system > Settings > Accessibility > Audio.
Toggle sounds on and off by selecting Mute navigation sounds

My navigation sounds are muted, I didn't have that option before until an update some months ago, I'm not an insider either.

Go to Profile & system > Settings > Accessibility > Audio.
Toggle sounds on and off by selecting Mute navigation sounds
Cool. Was thinking it would be under audio. Sick a relief to nor hear all that clunking

Justin9mm

Cool. Was thinking it would be under audio. Sick a relief to nor hear all that clunking
Now if only to mute the annoying sound of clicking the Xbox controller face buttons lol.

That is my biggest gripe, I hate the cheap plastic sound of the Xbox controller, the D-Pad is horrendous... The triggers are nice though, otherwise I prefer the Dualsense controller.

Now if only to mute the annoying sound of clicking the Xbox controller face buttons lol.

That is my biggest gripe, I hate the cheap plastic sound of the Xbox controller, the D-Pad is horrendous... The triggers are nice though, otherwise I prefer the Dualsense controller.
Lol. Was thinking the same thing. "Wait, but I'm still hearing sounds"😞

Top Bottom