• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox Series X is the most popular console according to Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

K' Dash

woman-yelling.gif

RespawnX

If the algorithm says so.

"twitter sentiment analysis"
Was 10 years in favour of Sony in 3:1 ratio.
Quick look at positive sentiment according to talkwalker social media scan (last 7 days):

Nevermind, take sentiment analysis with a biiig grain of salt. These algorithms are a mixed bag.

„The Xbox Series X is the most popular game console, according to a recent study.“

A proper study declares clear methodology. The only „methodology“ here is clickbait.
FMtP1u2.png

Last edited:

T-Cake

There have been a few drops the last 2 weeks. Are you in the USA?

No, Disunited Kingdom. But I'm not one to go chasing after those drops. I just want them to be readily available in the shops. I have plenty on PS4 to keep me occupied for months yet but it would be nicer to play that backlog on PS5, of course.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Was 10 years in favour of Sony in 3:1 ratio.
Quick look at positive sentiment according to talkwalker social media scan (last 7 days):

Nevermind, take sentiment analysis with a biiig grain of salt. These algorithms are a mixed bag.

„The Xbox Series X is the most popular game console, according to a recent study.“

A proper study declares clear methodology. The only „methodology“ here is clickbait.
FMtP1u2.png
Gamepass
This little thing makes xbox the talking point in twitter.

Because Day1 games, and the 2 week drop games.

There should be 1 announcement today. Expect more xbox chatter today.

kingfey

Banned
We are really doing this “popular console” thing again after that Series S Black Friday misleading report? lol ok.

Actual sales data says completey otherwise. These data points are always selective and are used for nothing more than advertisement. The sources they use are nonsensical.
1 day vs 1 week data.

Chukhopops

We are really doing this “popular console” thing again after that Series S Black Friday misleading report? lol ok.

Actual sales data says completey otherwise. These data points are always selective and are used for nothing more than advertisement. The sources they use are nonsensical.
Yeah I agree, you’d have to be a hypocrite to use selected data in order to make your point and-
If you Xbox fans don’t like UK physical sales why do you always need to comment here then? You are crying about an official sales data report just because it doesn’t put your favorite console in a positive light. Oh well?
Ok nevermind.

MonarchJT

Banned

what misleading about series s sales? I can tell you that series s alone (not sales combiner with the x) in Italy (535 shops with more than 1000 square meters ) sold more than the PS5. I think this ratio can be replicated in many European countries considering that Italy is in any case an absolutely pro PlayStation country

Last edited:

elliot5

Because it got more supply.
The BF, xss outsold all 3. But once the switch got more supply, it outsold the xss.
the BF article from Adobe or whatever was XSS outselling or more popular than the Switch OLED. It never compared to the full Switch series. NPD numbers show Switch as a whole top seller for the month and BF.

Last edited:

BbMajor7th

Social listening has been a thing in digital marketing for about seven years - good that journalists are finally catching up with the those 'soulless marketing bods'. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Social listening statistics shift on the regular and are heavily influenced (like social media) by the news cycle, which is why most digital marketers don't bother with them anymore.

Last edited:

Unknown?

After years of insisting that games are what drives interest, I’m not sure why it’s surprising to folks that the Forza Horizon - Halo Infinite combo is driving interest.

I expect the PlayStation consoles to trend when Horizon hits next year.
Probably years of Xbox fans saying exclusives don't matter. Now they're surprised.

kingfey

Banned
the BF article from Adobe or whatever was XSS outselling or more popular than the Switch OLED. It never compared to the full Switch series. NPD numbers show Switch as a whole top seller for the month and BF.
So we were comparing switch oled to xss. In that case, the switch clearly outsold the xss then.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
That's the whole point! Why should anybody care for the outcome of the algorithm if it doesn't tell you anything substantial.

Chukhopops

Absolutely terrible try hard at burn. lol.

U.K. sales data is actual REAL data. People complaining about tangible numbers.

These reports are not based off any real data.
Social media sentiment is real data too, it’s based on actual numbers and measurements. But it doesn’t necessarily represent the bigger picture, just like physical data in the UK.

You can’t cherry pick which selected data fits your narrative and reject the rest.

Lognor

Banned
That doesnt say much, i mean Microsoft launched 2 of their big hitters this year Forza and Halo, so its not surprising more people would talk about the Xbox.

Btw is this about popularity or about positive and negative reviews? I just read through the article, it doesnt says much. Not alot of "data" to refer here.

"Halo Infinite drew quite a bit of criticism from fans, but as the title only came out in November 2021, results could be skewed. The game earned positive scores from reviewers, but the list of known bugs and launch issues for Halo Infinite is relatively long. These will likely be ironed out over time, which would lead to more positive feedback from players."

Ok come on, obvious biased here.
It also doesn't say much that Microsoft has had no competition in the last several months. Sony has released jack shit and Nintendo had Metroid and that's about it. MS owns the spotlight right now, partly due to sony dropping the ball...big time!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Another social media list war metric. Doesnt mean anything to me.

It's like when PS fans would gloat about having the most shares or video views on YT saying it means more sales. Then someone would bring up a Nintendo game video got way less views but sells 10M+ no problem.

Absolutely terrible try hard at burn. lol.

U.K. sales data is actual REAL data. People complaining about tangible numbers.

These reports are not based off any real data.
UK physical sales data is incomplete and thus misleading. Even the guy who publishes the data realized it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom