• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theory: Babylon's Fall is connected to the Nier universe, and perhaps also to the Drakengard universe

D.Final

Banned
I don't know exactly why, but I have the feeling that Babylon Fall is a much more important project than what they let out from the trailers.
I am aware that solid proof is needed to make a solid theory, but I felt the need to share this particular curiosity.

2PF7RTm.jpg

(Additionally, it also appears that Nier's official portal has shared Babylons Fall's tweets several times. But I also understand that it may just be random. We will also receive more information about the game during the summer of 2020, Nier's tenth anniversary, of which we already know there are projects under development)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Is Yoko Taro directing the game? In my opinion no one other than Yoko Toro should work on Drakengard/NieR story, we saw what happens when someone else handles the series with Drakengard 2.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Is Yoko Taro directing the game? In my opinion no one other than Yoko Toro should work on Drakengard/NieR story, we saw what happens when someone else handles the series with Drakengard 2.

As far as I'm aware its Taura again, Saito producing, and Yoko not officially connected at all despite his fingerprints being all over it.

Go back to the original reveal at E3, if it isn't Yoko its somebody copying his style very closely.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
As far as I'm aware its Taura again, Saito producing, and Yoko not officially connected at all despite his fingerprints being all over it.

Go back to the original reveal at E3, if it isn't Yoko its somebody copying his style very closely.
I like his work a lot with Astral Chain but I wouldn’t exactly trust him with story. The guy is all about designing gameplay first and story comes later on.

D.Final

Banned
The first trailer showed the game universe's very detailed chronology and Yoko Taro is known for having created an elaborate timeline for the Drakengard multiverse so I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually one of the minds behind this project.

It would be a Yoko Taro thing.
In this way Babylon's Fall could be becoming a second spin-off of Drakengard, together with Nier.

Top Bottom