• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There are “no plans” to bring Halo 5 to PC

Bullet Club

There are “no plans” to bring Halo 5 to PC​

rgVxk6p.jpg

We’ve got ourselves a saga going here at PCGamesN, as headlines including ‘Halo 5 isn’t coming to PC, sorry‘, ‘Halo 5 could be coming to PC‘, and ‘Halo 5 is still not coming to PC‘ published through the years can attest. But it’s a different era now, with the Master Chief Collection running strong and more Halo games on Steam, right? That still doesn’t mean we’re getting Halo 5 on PC.

References to Halo 5 for PC appeared this week as part of the Nvidia Geforce Now leaks. Broadly, the GPU manufacturer has confirmed these leaks are accurate, but represent many placeholder names. Now, folks from 343 Industries have stepped in to confirm that, sadly, there’s no chance of a Halo 5 port at this time.

“Maybe this was for ‘H5: Forge’ but I can confirm there are no plans to bring H5 to PC,” community director Brian Jarrard says on Twitter. “We know there’s some demand for it, but as we’ve stated before, not in the cards as the studio is fully focused on Infinite and MCC. Will never say never, but nothing underway currently.”

You’ll just have to drown your sorrows in a pile of Halo Infinite-branded Pringles for now.

Source: PCGamesN

RoboFu

One of the green rats
With all the issues they have been having I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t come soon… but it will come eventually.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
You can play it now on PC with Gamepass Ultimate and cloud streaming, gave it a whirl last night.

• Triggered
Reactions: GHG

martino

I have no plan to play to play halo 4 ,5 and infinite then

edit : expection is if infinite manage hyge and massive positive reception (solo) and is confirmed unrelated in practice. Good luck.

Last edited:
Honestly, for those who haven't played it, you're not missing out on much. Campaign is utterly forgettable aside from a few story notes. The Multiplayer is also far better in MCC so I would recommend sticking to that.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Why not? Even though...they probably lost a source code or something, being a 343i....

Banjo64

cumsessed
Shame as Warzone is brilliant but the multiplayer has been ‘dead’ for a while for me, MCC is always heaving. Doubt it would be too popular on PC with Infinite coming out.

CuNi

The worst Halo game out of the entire Halo franchise. What a loss.

Still its hard to convince anyone on pc why he should buy infinite if he has not had a Xbox and didn't play 5. Like what's the point buying the 3rd entry in a New strony trilogy or story saga u'd you missed part right before it and can't play it.

Mister Wolf

Fine , I was playing Warzone Firefight and it was responsive, image quality was up and down but it played fine.

Last question. Since its streaming the Series X version is the resolution higher than 1080p? If so then I'm down to play it through streaming.

Halo 4 and 5 are just bad.

Let's hope 343 can manage to build a good Halo (who am I kidding, right?) for the first time.

And no, it doesn't mean getting the MP to look like today's big online games. It means getting Halo right (and without coop at lauch, they've already failed miserably).

Thank God we can play the MCC or originals everywhere now.

Top Bottom