• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There are Two Matrix Movies in the works? Zak Penn Prequel & Lana Wachowski Sequel!

GV82

I saw this pop up on my news feed just now & thought “nah that can’t be right”
https://movieweb.com/amp/the-matrix-projects-development-wb/

So sure enough I check Zak Penn’s Twitter source from 2 days ago, he seems to confirm it.

I can’t get enough Matrix stuff anyway, so bring it on I say, surely at least one will be good?

kgwdNBt.jpg

Unless zakk’s is a game or TV show Notice he says projects not movies, hence the rumour tag.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
hope it's great

i don't think the movies work as a trilogy (there's just something missing, hard to say), sequels and prequels have a chance to bookend the series on a high note

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Neo, reincarnated years later finds himself weakened and stricken by amnesia - living in the Matrix under the alternate identity, John. Trinity, after finally locating Neo's lost consciousness in the Matrix also hides in the Matrix as John's pet dog so that she can keep an eye on Neo until he comes back to reality. When a crime inside the Matrix ends up getting Trinity killed, Neo subconsciously remembers the love he felt for Trinity through her dog persona and goes on a rampage, killing everyone in the entire Matrix. In the conclusion to the Matrix-Wick Cinematic Universe, John Wick 4, Neo remembers his true identity and powers, and finally kills everyone.

Last edited:
It will be almost impossible to top the first Matrix, so I’m a bit worried about the need for doing more sequels to it. On the other hand, our society has chanced so much in the past 20 years, therefore reflecting to it in a modernized interpretation also could make sense. I’m hoping for the best that the idea was born from an artistic vision and not just about the necessity of making money...

Last edited:
I find prequel ideas appealing.

Sequel ideas, I just don’t see how they could do it right (in my eyes).

Looking forward for further details for sure.

I saw this pop up on my news feed just now & thought “nah that can’t be right”
https://movieweb.com/amp/the-matrix-projects-development-wb/

So sure enough I check Zak Penn’s Twitter source from 2 days ago, he seems to confirm it.

I can’t get enough Matrix stuff anyway, so bring it on I say, surely at least one will be good?

kgwdNBt.jpg

Unless zakk’s is a game or TV show Notice he says projects not movies, hence the rumour tag.

In my opinion, a sequel is useless, but if they have to milk the franchise, prequels are gold
I always wondered what Trinity, Morpheus and Co. Were doing before Neo arrives

Top Bottom