• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is a strong possibility Ghost of Tsushima 2 releases the same year as Assassins Creed Code Red, which do you think will be better?

Which ninja game will be superior?

• Assassins Creed Code Red

• Ghost of Tsushima 2

• I’m honestly not sure, it depends

Results are only viewable after voting.
We know through job listings that Suckerpunch is working on the next Ghost of Tsushima game.

https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/...or-playstation-5-seemingly-confirmed-20220622

Tsushima released in 2020 at the end of the gen, assuming it averages around the same time that Guerrilla and Santa Monica took for their sequels it would put Tsushima 2 at late 2024 or early 2025 release. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets announced this year, even.

Assassins Creed Codename Red was announced today with a CG trailer being developed by the Assassins Creed Odyssey team. Mirage is next year, and its assumed that CoD Red will follow the next year in 2024, maybe early 2025. Either way there is a good chance that both these games release maybe no in the same year but within a year of each other. It will certainly be an interesting match up considering how many people said Tsushima felt like Assassins Creed Japan, even though it did utilize its own signature look and mechanics.

Advantages for tsushima:

• First party budget and polish
  • Aesthetically pleasing open world and probably better graphically
  • Not beholden to lifelong fan demands
  • Good combat
  • Good music
  • Will be iterating on a solid prequel
f910a0b67bb649eff103c2881a223d2353629c35.gifv

Advantages of Assassins Creed:

• Long History, tons of lore intertwined that fans love
  • Ubisoft will be putting a lot of work into it, fan requested series
  • Will also have a significant budget
  • Defined open world action adventure games
  • Better stealth and climbing
  • They get to focus solely on being a Ninja and stealth, versus having to balance samurai/dueling combat

Who do you think will be able to pull off a better ninja/samurai/japanese open world game?

2505cc74ab9fad95304b7d92fb934c6c882c61e7.gif

Last edited:

Banned
if they completely overhaul the fighting system of Tsushima then Tsushima, if not it's uncertain.

the really dumbed down fighting system with semi-random animations is Tsushima's biggest issue IMO.

Ghost will have better combat mechanics.

? on what do you base that? modern AC has a better fighting system than Ghost of Tsushima. Tsushima's fighting system is ridiculously simple and has a multitude of design flaws.

AC's isn't amazing but way more solid

Last edited:

Lasha

We know through job listings that Suckerpunch is working on the next Ghost of Tsushima game.

https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/...or-playstation-5-seemingly-confirmed-20220622

Tsushima released in 2020 at the end of the gen, assuming it averages around the same time that Guerrilla and Santa Monica took for their sequels it would put Tsushima 2 at late 2024 or early 2025 release. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets announced this year, even.

Assassins Creed Code Red was announced today with a CG trailer being developed by the Assassins Creed Odyssey team. Mirage is next year, and its assumed that CoD Red will follow the next year in 2024, maybe early 2025. Either way there is a good chance that both these games release maybe no in the same year but within a year of each other. It will certainly be an interesting match up considering how many people said Tsushima felt like Assassins Creed Japan, even though it did utilize its own signature look and mechanics.

Advantages for tsushima:

• First party budget and polish
  • Aesthetically pleasing open world and probably better graphically
  • Not beholden to lifelong fan demands
  • Good combat
  • Good music
  • Will be iterating on a solid prequel
Advantages of Assassins Creed:

• Long History, tons of lore intertwined that fans love
  • Ubisoft will be putting a lot of work into it, fan requested series
  • Will also have a significant budget
  • Defined open world action adventure games
  • Better stealth and climbing
  • They get to focus solely on being a Ninja and stealth, versus having to balance samurai/dueling combat

Who do you think will be able to pull off a better ninja/samurai/japanese open world game?

The clips are a wash to me. Both have clipping and silly video game contrivances. Tsushima will probably be better if Sucker Punch iterates on the combat.

if they completely overhaul the fighting system of Tsushima then Tsushima, if not it's uncertain.

the really dumbed down fighting system with semi-random animations is Tsushima's biggest issue IMO.

? on what do you base that? modern AC has a better fighting system than Ghost of Tsushima. Tsushima's fighting system is ridiculously simple and has a multitude of design flaws.

AC's isn't amazing but way more solid

I do think Tsushima’s combat overall “feels” better. I can’t think of many grounded sword combat games that feel as weighty and nice. When you stick someone with your sword it feels satisfying.

AC feels more like it banks on combo systems, rather than a realistic ‘guard break’ system

Ghost will have better aesthetics, will be more polished, have less bugs, better combat mechanics.

Assassin's creed will be an overbloated mess with more stuff to do as side quests for sure, more gaming mechanics, more varied but I'd lose interest as usual with this IP.

Bold statement. I think the AC Ninja game is going to surprise some people. The AC formula has ALWAYS been perfect for a ninja game, and now we are getting it.

Banned
I do think Tsushima’s combat overall “feels” better. I can’t think of many grounded sword combat games that feel as weighty and nice. When you stick someone with your sword it feels satisfying.

AC feels more like it banks on combo systems, rather than a realistic ‘guard break’ system

the issue with Tsushima is that animations are context sensitive, always a bad thing if you want depth, semi randomised animations, which isn't great for getting a feel for combos, and the stances are not only straight up designed to defeat certain enemies but also the game will literally pause the game if you dare to not use the most optimal stance too often (happened to me 3 times)

optimal stances that don't add any depth beyond giving you a straight up advantage are comparable to the color coded enemies in DmC which were rightfully slammed by fans of its genre.

also the auto targeting even if you don't lock on is really bad, it just feels like ass and sometimes you will auto lock to an enemy that you don't want to fight.

then there are the boss fight duels, which are honestly a joke, the fighting system that already has basically no depth gets stripped down even more during those

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
hopefully RED push sucker punch even further. would like to see GOT2 with major improvements.

Elios83

One will be handled and crafted with care as an exclusive title by a team with creative freedom.
The other will be part of a GaaS hub called Infinity and will be developed as an assembly line piece with an already confirmed pseudo-RPG formula that has already ruined the last games in the series :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The_hunter

Where will Jin's journey take him next? I think the ending hinted going after the Khan's forces, so Korea or China?

jaysius

Banned
GoT is so overrated and overhyped. It‘s hilarious when people talk about its polish when the NPCs are awful and there are so many places you can fall and get stuck in rocks. Also when I returned to the game I forgot how bad the characters unmoving cheeks and skin below the eyes ruins the entire animation of the faces.

The original game was good. The expansion pack was awful, they proved they ran out of good ideas with those awful shaman’s cheap buffing also the new powers aren’t great either. The story in the expansion is pretty cool though.

Last edited:

Rockman33

Odyssey is by far my favorite assassins creed since black flag. So I have high hopes for it since it’s made by the same team. GoT is great too. Hopefully it will push both teams to make better games.

Mobilemofo

Common sense tells you what to expect. From past experience, code red won't be a from the ground up game. Probably reused assets where possible. It's basically re-badged. 😆 I would trust got2 to shit on it from a significant height.

bender

What time is it?
Tsushima follows a lot of the design principles that are found in Ubisoft's open world games, albeit more focused and less concerned about being enormous. Beyond the lovely world, the dueling mechanic and a few of the side missions (haiku writing, hot springs reflections), I really didn't find it engaging and barely made it into the second section before calling it quits. I'd still rather play a sequel to it than another Assassin's Creed game.

sainraja

Why are we already trying to put these two series against each other? Just because they are based in Japan? lol
You are basically going to get to play two action-adventure games. Can't be happy about that?

Last edited:

HAYA8U5A

I liked GOT more than any AC game so I don't see myself liking an AC game more than GOT2. Especially with how committed to the bloat Ubi are these days which kills any enjoyment for me.

zkorejo

Too early to pick sides. I loved GoT. AC hasn't been the same for me for years.. but if there's one thing I have learned being a gamer... Always wait till it's out there to judge before hyping it or shitting on it.

EDMIX

I wouldn't expect Red until 2026 lol.

well who knows, for all you know its release is 2024. Ubisoft Quebec's last big project they did was Odyssey and Fenix Rising. Thats a lot of years for them to work on this Japan version and with all hands on deck, I see them pulling off a 2024 release.

In terms of "Which ninja game will be superior?" lol, only AC Red is about Ninjas so lol

I think both games will do just fine as both are headed by massive teams that have a history of making some epic open world titles. I'm sure many fans will pick up both as its not like we are flooded with open world games about Japan lol

Tsushima set the bar very high imo, I think they’ll do it better.

lol nahhh. I love Ghost Of Tsushima, but playing the other AC titles, its right at home, its not setting some massive bar really in any area. Both teams do locations amazingly and are the best in the business, both teams did combat well too, I had a few issues with Ghost with the story and it can get really repetitive, but not much stands out with Ghost compared to some main line open world Ubisoft RPG thing.

Big worlds, both look good, play good, have a fuck ton of content etc. I think they'll do a great job, but I think both teams will do just fine with this setting as Ubisoft has a longer history of making theses worlds based on history, culture etc. So I don't see a lot of the this VS that type thing here, I see this as both do enough well in this area that I think anyone who loves that setting should be picking up both. I don't think either are doing some genre defining thing and thats ok.

Why are we already trying to put these two series against each other? Just because they are based in Japan? lol
You are basically going to get to play two action-adventure games. Can't be happy about that?

People have been calling Ghost of Tsushima Assassins Creed Japan since it was announced lol

Now Assassins Creed IS in Japan and it’s tracking to come out close to the former. Once they start showing trailers its going to be the main talking point of both games

Almost like Callisto Protocol and Dead Space Remake. Actually this happened with Suckerpunch before with Infamous and Prototype.

Last edited:
Top Bottom