• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is why it sucks to live in the South.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

Because of people like the man who wrote the following letter to my local paper:

I was shocked to read that a soldier from Virginia was court-martialed for armed robberty in Iraq. Although I do no know the circumstances in Iraq or a war, I find it hard to believe that this soldier is guilty of any crime.

In a war territory I believe unfortunately almost anything goes. Needing a vehicle in a battleground, in my opinion, is not a crime. The U.S. does not need to save face with the sheik the vehicle was taken from; it needs to apologize for the incident, repay him, and tell him he is lucky we are in his country.

Ignorance and arrogance all wrapped in a neat little package for one's pleasure!

Mason

HAHA, you should see some of the opinions left in my local paper about gay marriage, the war in Iraq, and other hot topics. You don't know ignorant rednecks until you've read my paper. I should start posting my favorites everyday.

Main reason I wanted to get my ass out of Oklahoma. It's no fun down there with so much hate and ignorance in all ages. Meh, couldn't stand it. The ones that were vocal about things anyways.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Sorry. You should go on whatever diet this anti-gay marcher is on, he's pretty buff

0,1445,158908,00.jpg

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, he must work out.

Good to see the Maoris jumping on a chance to screw over a minority, I guess it's a new "If you can't beat em, join em" approach.

:\

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
bishoptl said:
Sorry. You should go on whatever diet this anti-gay marcher is on, he's pretty buff

0,1445,158908,00.jpg

Actually the image of Oli covering him with chocolate foam just entered my mind, so I'm no longer hungry.

RevenantKioku said:
Actually the image of Oli covering him with chocolate foam just entered my mind, so I'm no longer hungry.

Well now I am thanks, gosh whine about your diet and then you ruin others. How wude.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
DarthWufei said:
Well now I am thanks, gosh whine about your diet and then you ruin others. How wude.

Sharing is caring.

Stele

Holds a little red book
catfish said:
Good to see the Maoris jumping on a chance to screw over a minority, I guess it's a new "If you can't beat em, join em" approach.
Don't worry, the gays win in the end. Maori culture might last a couple more generations before being phased out completely (like all indigenous culture), but homosexuality will endure until the end of mankind.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Stele said:
Don't worry, the gays win in the end. Maori culture might last a couple more generations before being phased out completely (like all indigenous culture), but homosexuality will endure until the end of mankind.

I wonder if Gay maoris are worth money, due to their rarity.

Like comics.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
impirius said:
Surely I'm not the only person who read that as "Gay marios"

Don't ever send a letter to Satan asking for a new bike.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
impirius said:
I wish I could live up north, where everyone is friendly and the official currency is hugs
Hahaha.

Yeah, I live in the North, and there's plenty of retarded opinions to go around here, including the closed-minded redneck-type that teresias posted as well as the tree-hugging hippie-type.

IJoel

I woke up this morning to a radio show where they were saying that male gymnasts were "too gay" and using those sort of phrases.

I felt instant repulsion, wished them death and hell for eternity and changed the station.

Seriously though, it did happen this morning, and I was just dumbfounded that people could be so damn insensitive and such assholes. And it wasn't just a couple of guys, there was a woman also participating in their 'intelligent' discussion.

I can't wait until the day comes in which all this bashing is viewed as the derogatory and discriminatory comments they are and people are forced to eat their own words and are looked upon in a poorly manner.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Stupid people exist everywhere, I can assure you it's not limited to 'the South'.

catfish said:
I was about to say that your country sucks,Then it turned out that my country is full of ignorant assholes too.

I think the world needs to be erased so we can start anew.

Don't worry. When I saw this on the news, I just took comfort in knowing that 90% of those Enough is Enough people marching (and they only got half the numbers they wanted, haha!) live in a shithole place like Otara, on the dole, with no happiness whatsoever in their life. Bring on Don Brash and National!

Oh and I had to laugh out loud when I read this in the Herald this afternoon:

Pastor Tamaki offered to help Prime Minister Helen Clark draw up a "healthy family policy", an invitation that she later resisted, given that he had described the preponderance of women leaders in New Zealand as "the work of the devil".

After the speeches, two schoolgirls who had travelled by bus from Taumarunui told the Herald they were protesting against "the gays", "children having sex", and "that", said one pointing to a group of young women dancing together holding hands.

"God bless anal sex," one of the dancers had taunted the Christians with.

- http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3586350&thesection=news&thesubsection=general

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Thats classic!

I have decided that next time someone organises a bullshit protest down Lambton Quay, I'm going to the roof with 2 dozen eggs, I should be able to nail at LEAST one Jerk in the face.

Even though one of the bystanders that made the news was slightly hysterical, his comparisson to the NAZIs was actually pretty true, they did all look like brainwashed freaks chanting some ridiculous tripe. And don't get me started on the Pastor guy, you just know he has a hard drive full of "devil worship" just for "research"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom