• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

this summer will be 3 years since fable teaser released , how can people hope a game is doing great when you dont show anything for 3 years

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
This thread is crazy. What's the line to determine weather someone has a legitimate concern or just attacking the brand?

You can't make this stuff up...

Amazing really, the brand/plastic box/multi-billion company royalty that some people display is just...

Video games = serious business (apparently)

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
Try it from a Sony and Nintendo owners PoV. We, sadly, will never have it at all. I miss my OG and 360 Xboxes, because those had a few really good rpgs on them. I don't know anything rpg/jrpg wise about the newer xboxes.

splattered

I've just kind of given up on it and if it ever DOES see the light of day again via teaser/trailer i'll be pleasantly surprised. Unless it looks like crap, then i'll just move on :)

Azurro

Banned
Videogames take time, even if development goes smoothly. They were probably at the very beginning of development when the games were announced, hence the CGI trailer.

Crayon

"We are investing in new things, we signed things just recently that I thought, ‘Hey, from a PR standpoint it would be really easy for me to put a trailer on screen’, but then I know the game is not coming for another two and half or three years, so I didn’t want to do that."

These companies really need to stop showing games years in advance only to disappoint everyone when they don’t materialize onto store shelves until 8 years later. It’s stupid imo. Just work on your game and announce it when the game is about 6 months to a year away from release.

3 Trailers?
Cute but it was announced 4 years ago.

In any case, Playground Games never show their titles until 4 or 5 months out from launch.

They have never previewed or had an "announcement trailer" for a Forza Horizon game, they just drop a lengthy walkthrough of their games when they're ready.

Why is Fable being treated differently when it's from the same studio.

Fanboy rubbish.

Moses85

Cute but it was announced 4 years ago.

In any case, Playground Games never show their titles until 4 or 5 months out from launch.

They have never previewed or had an "announcement trailer" for a Forza Horizon game, they just drop a lengthy walkthrough of their games when they're ready.

Why is Fable being treated differently when it's from the same studio.

Fanboy rubbish.
You asked, I answered. This was no bashing from me

Freeman76

Probably need to understand the industry better. Some games are in development for years before they are even announced.

Plus inside rumours suggest there have been a few bumps in the road with this. They probably announced it too early due to MS needing some exclusive news for people, and the studio making it have never made an RPG before.

Add all that up and it's pretty understandable why we havent seen anything yet.

I am planning to buy a house in the next 10 years. If i show the photo of the house i want to my family and tell to them that i plan to buy it at the next 10 year (closer to the tail end of this 10 years) they will get excited and happy but won't pester me about it every time when i will buy it, i gave them a time frame. Now if i told them i will buy a house and showed how it looked like but without a timeframe they will pester me until i bought it. Same applies here, they showed something but did not gave any timeframe, my guess they were just starting and wanted to show something...

Moriah20

I think it's simple, MS had very little to show at the time about games that were coming soon, so to entice people about Xbox (because lets be honest, they had some dreadful years) they announced a bunch of stuff that wasnt gears, halo, forza.
Also for PG i guess it acted as a recruitment tool too.
But also, it's possible the game was meant to already come out. Maybe the rumours about troubled development are true.

meernakh

I feel like xbox, when anouncing fable, got alot of feedback they really needed to stop doing title card reveals and mention games in early dev cycles. Illustrated by last June’s show only talking about games a year out (accuracy pending).

If this means they will only talk about fable again when its nearing completion. Good! I dont want to see a bullshot trailer. Show me gameplay when its representative of the final product.

Could it be that the game is in trouble, i guess, but not because they havent showed anything since.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Just look at hifi rush, I'm sure we will see a stealth launch on April 1, 2023.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
TKoI8Gj.jpg

2015. Zero footage until E3 2018.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
I don't understand why people want to be catered so much. I rather developers stay silent until they have something exciting to show instead of drip feeding blogs with pointless insights.

There are other games Microsoft hasn't shown anything of in 3 or MORE years, this isn't a Fable exclusive problem.

I'm still wondering if Rare figured out what genre Everwild is supposed to be yet.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Developers hold back from showing too much, I think they’ll empty the tank whenever the next E3 comes around.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Well they showed a teaser. It was clear the game wasn't in full production yet. Would expect to see it during "E3".

Thebonehead

Banned
I love sucking off massive corporations that dont give a shit about me. If someone has something negative to say about them, they’ll have to go through me first, seeing as ive built my online identity around them, and ill tell the mods

A wonderful potential tag line.. Wonder if I should tag a mod.

Obviosuly as a fellow PCMR I feel a certain reticence about doing it ... but so so tempting.....

Seriosuly , in 3 years no news of the game other than typical PR bullshit like " the development is going great " or " the game looks great , playground is doing a great job "

Im a huge rpg fan ( fable is one of my fav series of all time ) and to not have any news on fable and avowed is killing me , Obsidian keeps saying soon for 2 years now

Not a word on the type of game it will be , what mechanics it might use , i understand that making cgi videos costs money but nothing is stoping them from releasing articles where they can talk about the progress of the game , if after 3 years you cant say anything that means that even now you dont have a clear vision of the game you are going to make , that means that you have no faith in all that work you have been doing and that it might be scrapped
You're very concerned about this, and your concern is making me concerned about you. Do you need to talk to someone? How are things at home? Trouble at work, perhaps?

Most triple-A games take, on average, 5 years to make, and that's sometimes with a previous game in the series. And in such cases, you don't really hear or see anything until about one year before release. So, with that said, find something more serious to be concerned about.

samoilaaa

You're very concerned about this, and your concern is making me concerned about you. Do you need to talk to someone? How are things at home? Trouble at work, perhaps?

Most triple-A games take, on average, 5 years to make, and that's sometimes with a previous game in the series. And in such cases, you don't really hear or see anything until about one year before release. So, with that said, find something more serious to be concerned about.
to be honest i dont need someone to talk about but i do need someone to suck me off , wanna volunteer?

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
HI FI RUSH was in development since 2017 without showing anything and had a stealth release. That game turned out pretty well right?

This seems like over concern.

L*][*N*K

Banned
Seriosuly , in 3 years no news of the game other than typical PR bullshit like " the development is going great " or " the game looks great , playground is doing a great job "

Im a huge rpg fan ( fable is one of my fav series of all time ) and to not have any news on fable and avowed is killing me , Obsidian keeps saying soon for 2 years now

Not a word on the type of game it will be , what mechanics it might use , i understand that making cgi videos costs money but nothing is stoping them from releasing articles where they can talk about the progress of the game , if after 3 years you cant say anything that means that even now you dont have a clear vision of the game you are going to make , that means that you have no faith in all that work you have been doing and that it might be scrapped
One question, did you just started playing video games this week? Because it seems like you never been around a game that is being “developed” right now

Well, maybe they have been busy working, and iterating. Shocker. MS is clearly NOT good at studio or IP management, but I think Playground has earned some faith.

yurinka

AAA games take more than 3 years to be developed, specially when it's the first game from the studio and when it's a new IP and genre for the team. Remember that -as other MS games like Hellblade 2- it was announced when still wasn't in production.

Also, we still didn't see gameplay from the game. What we saw could be all cinematics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom