• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tierlist of popular videogame adaptations as at 2023 (roughly 50 movies/TV shows)

S- Tier: Arcane
A- Tier : Tlou, Cyberpunk
B- Tier: Sonic, Detective Pikachu
Everything else is trash tier.
Honorable mention: Not video game adaptation but I really like Ready Player One.
Haven't watched: Castlevania, Dota,..

Laieon

S-Tier: Arcane, TLOU
A-Tier: Detective Pikachu
B-Tier: Sonic 1 & 2
Bad-Adaptation-But-Fun-Movie-Tier: Resident Evil (2002)

Everything else is bad, forgettable, or I haven't watched it.

Last edited:

kicker

Banned
The Hammer & Bolter W40K animated series is decent if you're interested in Warhammer, each episode is self contained but there's some cool episodes
I completely forgot that was out already. Had the trailer boommarked on youtube, will check out

Bumping the thread because tje mario movie selling well just made me realize how mind-blowing it is that detective pikachu is probably the best videogame movie adaptation released so far in terms of overall quality

Last edited:
Silent Hill, Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Mortal Kombat (first one) was the best for me.
Dead or Alive is not that bad as people say...

Ps:Im not rating animations, 2D or 3D.

No matter what your list looks like, if it hasn't the Warcraft movie in the lowest of all possible tiers, I'm not gonna take you serious and question your sanity.

kicker

Banned
The Hammer & Bolter W40K animated series is decent if you're interested in Warhammer, each episode is self contained but there's some cool episodes
I checked it out. I usually don't care zbout things like visuals, but the tiny animation budget made this a terrible viewing experience for me
Story-wise though, I agree the tone and mini-plots were appropriate for 40k

Top Bottom