• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TIL: Chrono Cross - Radical Dreamers Edition (remaster) Added A New Secret Ending !

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So, this has been out for a while but because of how poor the port was, I never got around to playing it. But today I found out that Square actually added a new secret ending to the package.

To unlock it you need to beat both Radical Dreamers and Chrono Cross, and after that you need to view the Credits in the main menu. After the credits have run through, there's an entire new sequence.

I'll add a video in the spoiler tags below, basically it spells out a fan favorite theory people have had since the game first came out.

My apologies if this was common knowledge to most folks, but this really caught me by surprise today.

So this new ending basically spells it that Guile is indeed a somewhat amnesiac Magus.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Did this ever get updated?

I was really excited for this and intended to buy the game.

But I read the store reviews and everyone was saying performance/frame rate was abysmal even on series X :(

SkylineRKR

This had always been canon for me. Even more so when you consider what RD was about.

But if you

read along the lines, this is likely about Magil more than Guile. He fought with a boy and a girl, which he does in RD. In CC the party isn't decided, chances are Guile isn't even in your party at all. Its also text based. But I think it applies to both.

But whats the point really. Its not like we're getting a sequel or something.

Last edited:

KiteGr

The port was poor. I could just mod it, but I'm not gona buy it at the asking price, especially since it's a bad port and I've played enough through other means to know that it's an RPG with baffling design decisions.

I'll get it when my Steam Deck arrive or the price drops. Whatever comes first.

Barakov

Gold Member
So, this has been out for a while but because of how poor the port was, I never got around to playing it. But today I found out that Square actually added a new secret ending to the package.

To unlock it you need to beat both Radical Dreamers and Chrono Cross, and after that you need to view the Credits in the main menu. After the credits have run through, there's an entire new sequence.

I'll add a video in the spoiler tags below, basically it spells out a fan favorite theory people have had since the game first came out.

My apologies if this was common knowledge to most folks, but this really caught me by surprise today.

So this new ending basically spells it that Guile is indeed a somewhat amnesiac Magus.

EpGR59R.jpg

Top Bottom