• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim Burton is 'done' working with Disney after 'horrible big circus' filming 'Dumbo'

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Tim Burton revealed his days working with Disney might be "done."

Burton, 64, opened up about the future of his career during the Lumière Festival in Lyon, France. The filmmaker revealed the only project he is about to embark on is Netflix's "Wednesday" — "The Addams Family" spin-off series.

During a press conference, Burton criticized Disney for becoming "very homogenized." The studio is only focused on the Marvel, Star Wars or Pixar films.

"It’s gotten to be very homogenized, very consolidated. There’s less room for different types of things," he said, according to deadline, before declaring he wouldn't work on a Marvel movie.

"I can only deal with one universe. l can’t deal with a multi-universe," he said.

ManaByte

LOL Fox, Burton didn't have anything to do with the Addams Family movies.

Also his Fox and the Hound stuff DID make it to screen. He was just uncredited. He animated Vixey in Fox and the Hound. On Tron and Black Cauldron he was just a concept artist. He naturally fled from Disney after Katzenberg went and chopped up and destroyed most of the good footage from Black Cauldron and nearly destroyed feature animation entirely.

TransTrender

Gold Member
I mean with the level of hegemony in the TV/Film industry from 'consolidation' then yes this is expected.
Social Credit system is up next.
No Disney if you wrongthink!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
LOL Fox, Burton didn't have anything to do with the Addams Family movies.

Also his Fox and the Hound stuff DID make it to screen. He was just uncredited. He animated Vixey in Fox and the Hound. On Tron and Black Cauldron he was just a concept artist. He naturally fled from Disney after Katzenberg went and chopped up and destroyed most of the good footage from Black Cauldron and nearly destroyed feature animation entirely.
So, how about his comments towards Disney?

ManaByte

So, how about his comments towards Disney?
He's right, but he's been saying the same thing since the late 90s. He HATES the Haunted Mansion Holiday Disney does every year and thinks they over merchandise Nightmare (even though he didn't even direct the movie). Which is why him even making Dumbo (which was boring and didn't feel like a Tim Burton movie) was so shocking. The Brinks truck they sent him to direct it must have been pretty impressive.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Good for him I guess, but Dumbo was one of the live-action Disney remakes I enjoyed the best.
Quite refreshing after so many years of Depp/Bonham Carter hegemony in Burton’s movies, and magnitudes better than trash like Alice in Wonderland.

kunonabi

Good for him I guess, but Dumbo was one of the live-action Disney remakes I enjoyed the best.
Quite refreshing after so many years of Depp/Bonham Carter hegemony in Burton’s movies, and magnitudes better than trash like Alice in Wonderland.
Dumbo was very close to being great it's just the little girl that sinks the whole thing. It really should have focused more on the Eva Green/Dumbo relationship.

Salz01

I haven’t liked a single Disney movie or show since….. maybe Infinity Wars. Everything that’s coming out of the mouse house has been pretty much crap.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I haven’t liked a single Disney movie or show since….. maybe Infinity Wars. Everything that’s coming out of the mouse house has been pretty much crap.
I agree with this. What happen after Infinity War at Disney? Its like they had a massive writing brain drain, or sudden orders to stop making things of quality anymore.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
You didn't like No Way Home?
Or does that not count because it's Sony Pictures.

Top Bottom