• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time to fully complete Dying Light 2 = 500 hours

Mozzarella

I think some devs exaggerate with their content, there's no need for that much content imo.
For me personally a game with 20-50 hours of game time to finish should be great. If its a big game set in a big world full of stuff then 50-100 should be great. 10-20 for certain type of game can also be perfect.
Enjoyment is subjective obviously but i would rather have 15 hours of fun in a 20 hours game than 50 hours of fun in 500 hour game, ratio of time value and fun would be better.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Techland hasn't done anything to break my trust and after the masterpiece that was Dying Light 1 I give them the full benefit of the doubt. Can't wait.

iHaunter

500 hours of doing what, needless achievement shit like farming mobs, kill 1000 00000 mobs or something silly?

Grind Working GIF by GSI Machine and Fabrication

I wish I could be excited about such things, to me this is just a random number that doesn't mean anything even if it is true. On another note, wasn't there a similar comment made in regards to "Cyberpunk 2077" before it came out?

I think I saw.them say 70-80 hours for the main "story". That's still too long. Me and my buddy are playing throughbthe first game and we completely abandoned side quests. Too many fetch quests that feel like a chore. The game overall is ok but the side quests are bad.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
As long as the main campaign isn't remotely that long, it's fine.

If you are obsessive compulsive and need to do every little thing then, well... have fun I guess.

They commented on this tweet to say that even the main game with side quests (without rushing) is 70-80 hours.

Absolutely far too long!

Developers not that you’re reading this but please, cut this shit out. No game should take 70-80 hours to complete. This went from a near launch buy to probably never for me. I’ve not played Valhalla for the same reasons.

Stuart360

They commented on this tweet to say that even the main game with side quests (without rushing) is 70-80 hours.

Absolutely far too long!

Developers not that you’re reading this but please, cut this shit out. No game should take 70-80 hours to complete. This went from a near launch buy to probably never for me. I’ve not played Valhalla for the same reasons.
Nah the longer the better for me, especially if its a game i love.
I mean as long as the majority of side content is optional, whats the problem?. As long as its optional then surely its better that content is there than not.

K' Dash

This is a negative for me, I really enjoyed DL when I played it a couple months ago but I thought it could do with a trim.

The trend of games being massive and unfocused is hurting gaming for me, I barely have time to play and when I do, I want to feel like I accomplished something, not look back and realize I did just filler content for the couple hours I played in the last 2 days.

Devs will always overstate how much content there is or how long it takes to beat the game. This game is my most excited game of the year and 100-150 hours seems unlikely, 500 is basically impossible unless they're including choices and expecting people to beat the game like 10 different times to experience all the choices and endings

dcx4610

I mean I guess some people like this but when I see stuff like that, it goes on the list of games I'm never going to play.

I'd rather play 10 unique, short but great games vs. one game that is going to take me 6 months to finish. Give me quality over quantity. It's one of the reasons I really fell out of love with the Assassin's Creed games. It's just mind numbing seeing all of the little icons on the map and ultimately, they are meaningless. It's just there as a distraction, to lengthen the game and give people with OCD something to do.

Nah the longer the better for me, especially if its a game i love.
I mean as long as the majority of side content is optional, whats the problem?. As long as its optional then surely its better that content is there than not.

The problem is "gamers" have to whine about everything. This thread has more replies to it than any other Dying Light 2 thread I can recall, and it's mainly just bitching about something you'll never have to experience if you choose not to.

Gamers amirite

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
What a random thing to post.

"Our game has 500 hours of content, which is 34 hours less than the time it would take to walk from one European city to another"

Why? Why not just say 500 hours and be done with it.

Warablo

The real question is.....why would you want a game to have 500 hours of playtime? :D
A lot of people want to live in the world with endless playability. I so wish Cyberpunk could flesh out content and infinite activities. Dying Light 1 is pretty good at that just joining randoms and killing zombies and leveling. I also probably played through that game like 3 times.

Top Bottom