• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time to fully complete Dying Light 2 = 500 hours

scalman

thats how i want it ... without any MP online BS there... thats how its need to be done. well done devs.
im sure first game took me much more then most others to be done with it...
same as cb2077 i still playing it 6th time or whatever i forgot.. just give me something new allready...

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
A long game can still be good. Just make all the collectathon optional. And have good quests and main story.

SteadyEvo

With the current trend of excessive padding in videogames that overstay their welcome, I don't see this as a positive at all.
I probably put less than 100 hours on Dying Light + The Following co-oped with a friend, and that's probably the maximum amount I'm willing to spend in a game like this.
This padding for the sake of length has to stop. If they can keep 500 hrs interesting great, but that hasn’t happened for me since MH freedom unite. High mileage PSPgo

rubhen925

I doubt most people will want to play more than 25 - 30 hours of this game. Story will most likely be around 20 hours. Rest is just filler, completionist stuff. 500 hours seems like padding to the next century.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The worst part about open world games is how bloated they are. It’s rare that a game is full of quests that feel meaningful and take place in a world you want to actually explore. Dying Light to me is not a place I want to spend even 100 hours in. Probably not even 50. As long as it doesn’t detract from a normal playthrough, I don’t care. But if the game is a chore to play and loaded with tediousness, I won’t be spending a lot of time with it. After Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, I vowed to never spend that much time on a game that dull again.

Barakov

Gold Member
Very much doubt this but at least there will be "content". My guess is all the different branches in the story ( is that even still in the game?) equates to 500 hours if you wanna see them all.

E23ofcG.jpg
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

CheeseCake

AC fans: Valhalla is the longest, most endless and bloated AC game to date. No other game will ever come close to it.

Dying Light 2:
Green Bay Packers Nfl GIF by Bleacher Report

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
Well, IMO it is one of the top 3 games of the last 10 yrs and the DLC maybe one of the best ever because it completely added new gameplay. There is a reason it has sold close to 20 million copies, considered one of the best story co op games, fun online pvp, etc and it still receives support to this day. One of the few games over 6 yrs old now and is still one of the most played games(12,000 current in game on Steam alone). You make a good game players will continue to play.

However, I do have have concerns as this has been delayed a few times and never what seemed like the right reasons. Fingers crossed.

This actually sounds a lot shorter than the recent AC games. It's insane how long those are. I ended up quitting Odyssey after like 40 hours when I realized I had barely made a dent. I think Valhalla is even longer based on how far I got there. In my head I plan to finish these games one day, but man, what a task.

fermcr

This isn't a positive point. 500h seems like there will be lot of filler...

Prefer smaller games. Give me a more interesting 20h open world game then a filler 500h game.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Ac vallhalla all dlc + free content 100%

8c8b39cf818591507cfeceaccde93bd6.png

I doubt this game is going to be 500 hours even remotely, i have no clue what they can do to create that content. if its actually 3x as big as valhalla, good luck with that.

Tg89

Sounds like some Ubisoft padding garbage to me. Very few games are good enough to justify even a fraction of that time investment, I’m confident this won’t be one of them.

TonyK

More than 50 hours in any game is a waste of time. All games become repetitive after that mark. Imagine 500 hours doing the same shit.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I can see myself do 500 hours in games like Monster Hunter but not this type of game.

RyRy93

Bethesda are the only devs that truly create 100 hour+ AAA singleplayer games and the content isn't exactly top tier, 500 is ridiculous

Last edited:

Arcadialane

I guess I'm not the target here, as this seems to be a bad thing, not a good thing to promote.
Looking for more focused unique experiences these days, instead of drawn out, repetitive gameplay. So think I'll skip it then if its 500 hours long.

EDIT: They updated to say 100 hours, which is still insanely long

Last edited:

isoRhythm

Banned
Very much doubt this but at least there will be "content". My guess is all the different branches in the story ( is that even still in the game?) equates to 500 hours if you wanna see them all.
This shouldn't be something to brag about. I swear games that go past 35+ hrs for the platinum should really stop.

Tommi84

Sounds...HORRIBLE to be honest? Let's leave it at 100h with 100% completion and like 30h of campaign.

It's Riddler's riddles in Arkham Night all over again or what?

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

That about picks my interest as much as dodging lightning strikes 200 times for an item in FFX does..

Like not at all

hlm666

That's going to be to finish the stupid grind like system they added in the DLC for the first game, 500 hours is probably conservative.

Top Bottom