• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timed Exclusive.. How much hardware to they sell?

I have a neutral opinion on Time Exclusives where I see both pros and cons to it.

I am curious though. Given their set exclusivity on a single console, how much do they contribute to new hardware sale in that timeframe of said game releasing?

Do timed exclusive help push hardware sales as much as fully exclusive game now?

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
I'd be very disappointed if the number was any other than 0. (I know its not 0)

All it really does is piss people off and it's probably the most scumbag move there is in gaming with predatory mtx.

Last edited:

schaft0620

I think it's very underrated how many consoles E3 2015 sold for Sony. I would say the same thing for Death Stranding too. A lot of people forget how crazy the hype was back then (2015-2018).

The DRM Always Online crap really hurt MS but don't forget by the time the console launched they had completely turned around the policy. When E3 2015 happened the console gen was over. By the time the Xbox One X came out, Death Stranding was already announced and we had an FF7R trailer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom