• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Times top 10 games of the year

Codeblew

I recently got a HFW PS5 bundle (was just glad to be able to finally get a PS5). HFW held my attention less than the average Assasins Creed game. Good graphics and decent combat but I just couldn't get into it for some reason. The PS5 is a beast though, still happy for my purchase.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Where is Xenoblade 3, Triangle Strategy, Live A Live, Stranger of Paradise...?

All eaten by that fucking cat at #5. The absolute state.
It's a "western casual gamer" popularity contest, the mere fact that Xenoblade 3 made it to the TGA seems like a filler nomination to me, then you'll have Stray instead of Bayonetta 3 or some of the widely acclaimed indies like tunic lol I haven't played Bayo or tunic but stray is far from being one of the best games of any year ever lol

It's a "western casual gamer" popularity contest, the mere fact that Xenoblade 3 made it to the TGA seems like a filler nomination to me, then you'll have Stray instead of Bayonetta 3 or some of the widely acclaimed indies like tunic lol I haven't played Bayo or tunic but stray is far from being one of the best games of any year ever lol

Stray is the most popular indie title this year, it was number one, two, or three on steam charts for weeks. Why are people surprised popular games that everyone played are the most nominated?

It was the indie equivalent of elden ring

Stray GIF by Annapurna Interactive

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Stray is the most popular indie title this year, it was number one, two, or three on steam charts for weeks. Why are people surprised popular games that everyone played are the most nominated?

Yeah, I can understand that, but as a game it's less than average in quality, those goty are basically about whatever but actual games

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Yeah, I can understand that, but as a game it's less than average in quality, those goty are basically about whatever but actual games
The Oscars has dropping viewership since forever, and that's mostly because the film getting nominated are far from the blockbuster films people actually watch. Titanic was a blockbuster that also won an Oscar.

I think TGAs just want to showcase popular stuff so people tune in.

Ogbert

I find FW fascinating. It should be amazing, but I can’t get over how yawn-inducingly boring it is.

How do you make a game that looks incredible and where you fight robot dinosaurs so tedious?

T4keD0wN

10 games that generated the most traffic in 2022 the list?

Or is it 10 2022 games with the most trailer views the list?

Why did they leave out fifa 23, madden and diablo immortal? Wheres saints row and rainbow six extraction?

Last edited:

TurboSpeed

Gow Ragnarok really deserves number one, easily the best game i played this year. The rest of the list is debatable for sure!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

Popular doesn't mean good. If any GOTY publication is meant to be taken seriously then they should focus on other things besides popularity.

Lunarorbit

I got about halfway through and then elden ring came out. I'll get back to it eventually but I feel like, except for the story, I've seen most of the game. Didn't reach the expectations I already had
I recently got a HFW PS5 bundle (was just glad to be able to finally get a PS5). HFW held my attention less than the average Assasins Creed game. Good graphics and decent combat but I just couldn't get into it for some reason. The PS5 is a beast though, still happy for my purchase.

Giving up schadenfreude as my new year's resolution is always so much harder after reading reactions from goty lists. HFW being over ER was especially tasty. Not bad for a game everyone forgotten about.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Or the guy they paid to put that list together just doesn’t like the same games as you?
I'd bet that person doesn't even play videogames and just researched whatever was the most popular thing. Which is why I was saying that those publications and awards are an absolute joke.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
god-of-war-pc-screenshot-05-en-1-1.jpeg

TIME’s favorite games of the year:

1. God of War: Ragnarok

2. Horizon: Forbidden West

3. The Quarry

4. Elden Ring

5. Stray

6. The Last of Us Part 1

7. Sifu

8. Resident Evil Village: Shadows of Rose

9. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

10. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

Imagine caring about what american journalists have to say
People care about reviews? Lol so idk what this means….

You should care about reviews which are opinions but should not care about someone’s opinions of their top10.

Its just an article anyway

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

2022 has come to an end and its time for the GameSpot staff to celebrate our top 10 games of the year.

Timestamps:
00:00 - Intro
00:39 - Elden Ring
03:30 - Tunic
06:51 - Norco
09:44 - Marvel Snap
12:20 - Neon White
15:03 - Immortality
18:01 - Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
20:13 - Vampire Survivors
23:08 - God of War Ragnarök
26:22 - Pentiment