• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tina Turner: Music legend dies at 83

Toons

Thats crazy. I dont think I've ever listened to her extensively as she's way before my time but I knew she was a legend. Had no clue she was this old

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Wild news. Incredible voice and her stage work was insane (especially later on in her career to be able to still have the energy). GOLDENEYE remains the best Bond theme easily.

. . .at least some of these old guards from the old "record" days were able to lead full lives. Though Paul McCartney still kicking around has got to be some Faustian dealmaking (although we're gonna start seeing more headlines as this is the time when all those folks were coming up).

Davesky

Simply the Best pretty much defined the entire 90’s in Glasgow during Rangers 9 in a Row period. Ibrox stadium will be a place that she is surely missed.

“Fuck the pope and the IRA.“

poodaddy

Gold Member
Truely sad man. It wasn't exactly my type of music, but I have fond memories of my mother singing her ass off to some Tina Turner growing up, she adored the woman. What a loss.

Kenpachii

My dads favorite artist, even ran some of her music at his funeral. Dam RIP, such amazing voice and so many hits.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Tina was my mom's favorite female artist. Listened to her music a lot when I was growing up. She's had a hell of a life, ups and downs. Rest in peace.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Ike waiting in heaven:
Episode 2 Sport GIF by UFC

Yoboman

Gold Member
That sucks

For some reason she is probably one of the most iconic artists ever in Australia. You didn't grow up without knowing Tina Turner

We literally had to learn to dance to her songs in school and she was all over TV ads

Last edited:
Top Bottom