• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinkle Pit! An unfortunately named yet legit amazing arcade puzzle game you should play!

VGEsoterica

Ok ok I get it...Tinkle Pit is a pretty unfortunate name lol. Def makes you giggle a little bit. But outside of the snickering it’s definitely one of the best 90s puzzle games ever made that nobody seems to know exist. Which is weird because it’s always interesting to wonder why some games just never became hits.

it’s basically a mix between Bubble Bobble / Parasol Stars and Bomberman and it’s chock full of Namco charm and characters from their previous games. It’s one of those “easy to learn, difficult to master” games for sure. But it can get wildly addictive.

but it got me thinking...what other legit awesome puzzle games do you love that never hit it big? Mostly because I always love hearing others recommendations too :)

BigBooper

It's like a mix of bubble bobble and another game I can't remember where you drop dynamite behind you, with a smidge of dig dug. Gotta admit though, with that name I'd be thinking more Custer's Revenge than Bubble Bobble if I didn't know anything about it.

VGEsoterica

It's like a mix of bubble bobble and another game I can't remember where you drop dynamite behind you, with a smidge of dig dug. Gotta admit though, with that name I'd be thinking more Custer's Revenge than Bubble Bobble if I didn't know anything about it.
Mr Do?

VGEsoterica

t4nlkSe.png

BigBooper

No, more obscure than that, I think, or maybe it's a new retro game. I have no idea of the name of it, but it's either available or coming soon to the Evercade. It has maze stages and I forget exactly what you are controlling, but I think it's a bomb. There are candle enemies on the stage trying to light your fuse that follows behind you, but there are also electric fans you can move past to put out the flame. There are also some kind of explosives on the stage you can use to blow up the candle enemies. I think there are pellets like Pac-man you have to collect to complete the stage.

My memory's pretty hazy on it though.

VGEsoterica

No, more obscure than that, I think, or maybe it's a new retro game. I have no idea of the name of it, but it's either available or coming soon to the Evercade. It has maze stages and I forget exactly what you are controlling, but I think it's a bomb. There are candle enemies on the stage trying to light your fuse that follows behind you, but there are also electric fans you can move past to put out the flame. There are also some kind of explosives on the stage you can use to blow up the candle enemies. I think there are pellets like Pac-man you have to collect to complete the stage.

My memory's pretty hazy on it though.
Hmm yeah. Def not ringing a bell. Can’t wait to hear what it is though. Now I’m curious too!

Top Bottom