• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titillation Or Temperance? - Sexual & Modest Character Designs

63faffd9e4ba52fcc057b81002883dd6619387af.gif

0e4e740f3f3df25e5657944b12d10a4b97fab85c.gif

I Always wanted to watch Read or Die

Welcome to 2017. We all know they are shitty scumbags.
I didn't personally use this forum back then because NeoGaf pretty much used to be similar to ResetEra before the exodus happened. So this site actually became better because of it, I unfortunately can't say the same about Gamefaqs though.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Read or Die came back? The OVA and TV show are hard to find on dvd blue ray if only because I am extremely limited where I can shop online for personal reasons. Expensive at amazon when they do have them, also.
No, amine called….
MV5BN2ViZDJjNzMtYjIyMC00MjljLTliN2QtMDg2MDI3ZDcxNWE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAwNDUxODI@._V1_.jpg

It’s really, REALLY good show.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m going to eventually switch from Disney+ to the Disney +/Hulu combo because I really want to watch this and Heavenly Delusion.
I get irritated when people say “anime is no longer good” meanwhile ignoring great shows. There are so many great shows out there.

Last edited:

Doom85

I get irritated when people “anime is no longer good” meanwhile ignoring great shows. There are so great show out there.

Seriously, 2018-2022 in particular (not that there weren’t some excellent or great shows in the years prior) have had a ton of bangers, even 2020 while obviously a much smaller year in terms of output still had some gems to be found.

Vaelka

I really appreciate when media- particularly games- attempt to show some restraint when it comes to female designs. Amanda Ripley is a great example. Our first shot of her is of her working. I think she's welding IIRC. We see that while strong and capable, she's also scared and vulnerable. She's a complete person with her own motivations.

Reminds me of some old concept art for Cindy from FFXV.

33ae6d6e982f43217eaee5b2ede3af89.jpg

I love this design. Its toned down and still very sexy, without her defining characteristic being her cleavage.

To me, that is far sexier than the caricatures of the female form that @Elder Legend submitted to lower the bar of discussion. There could not be more disappointing of a first post.

I think you're not really taking into account which game she was in tho...
The main protagonists literally look like a boyband traveling with professional stylists all dolled up and one ain't wearing a shirt for some reason.
Cindy's design in the game makes a lot more sense with the overall tone and art direction of the game and as a '' ditzy mechanic ''.
Cindy isn't supposed to be a '' realistic mechanic '' that's not the point of the character or the world she exists in.

Like it's insane to me that Cindy got so many people complaining and whining about it when you've got dudes walking around looking like professional models and with their entire torso out.
But Cindy's cleavage is the problem, really?

Last edited:

Comandr

I think you're not really taking into account which game she was in tho...
The main protagonists literally look like a boyband traveling with professional stylists all dolled up and one ain't wearing a shirt for some reason.
Cindy's design in the game makes a lot more sense with the overall tone and art direction of the game and as a '' ditzy mechanic ''.
Cindy isn't supposed to be a '' realistic mechanic '' that's not the point of the character or the world she exists in.

Like it's insane to me that Cindy got so many people complaining and whining about it when you've got dudes walking around looking like professional models and with their entire torso out.
But Cindy's cleavage is the problem, really?
But you can clearly see her cleavage in the artwork. She’s pretty. She’s got a nice figure. And her coveralls are opened at the top so you can see her boobs. I’m the one that doesn’t see the complaint.
By your logic with the art direction and the world they live in, Cid himself should also look like this. Instead of a regular old man.
mDfuxH5.jpg

Unless you are suggesting that the characters only look the way they do to pander to certain audiences base desires and would otherwise be incapable of engaging its audiences.

Top Bottom