• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU franchise at 37 million units sold, new TLOU Multiplayer concept art

Bartski

Gold Member
teaser-image.png

We are so proud to share that the entire The Last of Us franchise has sold through more than 37 million copies globally as of December 2022, and is continuing to reach new and old players every day. To know that Joel, Ellie, and our whole cast of characters have been experienced and loved by so many of you drives the entire studio forward.

Even as it turns 10 years old, it feels like The Last of Us has only just begun, and this busy year will certainly show why. After The Last of Us Part I’s successful launch on PlayStation 5 last year, we can’t wait to bring you the PC version on March 3! We’ll have more information on the PC version’s features and specs ahead of its launch.

We’re looking ahead to The Last of Us’ 10th anniversary in June, and we’re so excited to share more with you about the future of this franchise. We’ll have some fun surprises for you along the way, but later this year we will begin to offer you some details on our ambitious The Last of Us multiplayer game. With a team led by Vinit Agarwal, Joe Pettinati, and Anthony Newman, the project is shaping up to be a fresh, new experience from our studio, but one rooted in Naughty Dog’s passion for delivering incredible stories, characters, and gameplay. We first shared concept art of the project with you last year, and we hope this new piece of concept art below further excites you for what our team is working on.

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

Odd number to celebrate. The paranoid part of me wants to think the timing isn't entirely an accident (GOTY awards)

Gudji

Man that looks good hopefully it will look close to that in-game. Can't wait to learn more about the MP game.

Mr Moose

Sales are so good that they told how much the franchise sold in general, and not each game individually.

Sony must not be too thrilled with TLOU 1 Remake and TLOU 2 numbers.
Sure, lets go with that. They must be really disappointed with Spider-Man, too with this logic.
Before we further discuss the PC versions of each game, I’d like to pause and express Insomniac’s profound gratitude for those of you reading this post who have already purchased and played the PlayStation console versions of Marvel’s Spider-Man (PS4) and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS4, PS5). Let me tell you, there are a lot of folks to thank for your passionate support! With that in mind, I’m both ecstatic and humbled to share that the Marvel’s Spider-Man series now has sold through more than 33 million copies globally, as of May 15, 2022.

It makes all the sense in the world to have a gameplay reveal during the HBO show season finale.

So about 10 weeks from now (show is 8 episodes, airs in 2 weeks)
I seriously doubt that. They're moving away from tons of combat in the show. They're focusing on the story. Multiplayer is really not likely to be the main game to appeal to the TV audience. Not to mention the TV audience wont have played TLOU2 necessarily.

Sales are so good that they told how much the franchise sold in general, and not each game individually.

Sony must not be too thrilled with TLOU 1 Remake and TLOU 2 numbers.

When's the last sales update we got for Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5?

Because we haven't seen them whatsoever in general NPD Top 10 or even Top 20 charts since they released in November.

Of 2021.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I seriously doubt that. They're moving away from tons of combat in the show. They're focusing on the story. Multiplayer is really not likely to be the main game to appeal to the TV audience. Not to mention the TV audience wont have played TLOU2 necessarily.
Obama Reaction GIF

JaksGhost

What does that have to do with cross promoting the game series it's based on?

Nautilus

Banned
When's the last sales update we got for Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5?

Because we haven't seen them whatsoever in general NPD Top 10 or even Top 20 charts since they released in November.

Of 2021.
What does Halo or Forza have anything to do with this?

You assume that I am a Xbox fan just because I believe TLOUs performance is less than ideal lol.

For your information, Sony and MS are playing second fiddle to Nintendo and battling against thrmselves just to see who takes second place, because Nintendo already rests atop the first place, and its simply unbeatable for now.

Regardless, that's neither here or there. I do believe that Sony would have said how much TLOU 1 Remake has sold if its numbers were good.But rather, here we are.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
This concept art is even more boring than the first. At this rate Factions II is going to be officially cancelled in 2025.

tmlDan

What does Halo or Forza have anything to do with this?

You assume that I am a Xbox fan just because I believe TLOUs performance is less than ideal lol.

For your information, Sony and MS are playing second fiddle to Nintendo and battling against thrmselves just to see who takes second place, because Nintendo already rests atop the first place, and its simply unbeatable for now.

Regardless, that's neither here or there. I do believe that Sony would have said how much TLOU 1 Remake has sold if its numbers were good.But rather, here we are.
You mean, once Activision blizzard closes, Nintendo is third place...then you're correct.

SLB1904

Banned
Man, im so excited for the Multiplayer, i loved the first games.
I'm more scared than excited. The fist one was such a hit. And I think they will fuck up trying to make bigger and better.
Having said that. That concept art looks sick

How are they still only doing concept art for something that’s been in development for like 4 years
I guess you don't know. But they will have a reveal this year. I mean if they had announced with a trailer and then afterwards showing concept arts. Yeah that would be shit

Last edited:

tmlDan

I'm more scared than excited. The fist one was such a hit. And I think they will fuck up trying to make bigger and better.
Having said that. That concept art looks sick
the scariest part is it's definitely not like the first mp attempt and it can go any direction.

There are just so many cool possibilities but idk if they'll nail it or not.

Nautilus

Banned
You mean, once Activision blizzard closes, Nintendo is third place...then you're correct.
Oh yeah, the Switch is already at 120 million units sold(or will be once Nintendo oficially announces that at the end of january) but both the Series and PS5 sold more than that?

Keep dreaming lol.

Anyway, let's leave it at that. This discussion is not pertinent to the thread.

Odd number to celebrate. The paranoid part of me wants to think the timing isn't entirely an accident (GOTY awards)
Or uhhh, maybe they have a HBO show releasing in a couple weeks, this year will mark 10 years of the franchise, and possibly (hopefully) the multiplayer game releases. And they are just releasing numbers on where it's at, not necessarily letting people know it hit a 37 mil milestone.

You really think this is ND is butthurt about GOTY awards, which impacts them in no way?

Last edited:
Top Bottom