• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Shredder's Revenge is releasing on June 16th, 2022

Gambit2483

I thought the physical version will be released on the 29th of july? This is clearly not two months.

Hmm, well my Amazon order says it comes out August 29th...that's 2 months. Either way these kinds of launches suck and hopefully do not become a trend of any kind. LRG is both a blessing and a curse when it comes to physical editions.

Kagey K

Banned
Ninja Gaiden trillogy out of sigma I heard was not a good collection. ninjai gaiden 3 is basically unplayable. Sniper elite 5 is a decent get as those games are fun. I own most of them, and I also was able to buy them super cheap on the regular. Chorvus in my opinion is the good get on top of shredders revenge.
I'm most excited for the Shadowrun trilogy after TMNT.

Regardless that's 3 great day 1 gets this month (SE5, TMNT and Shadowrun) , yet your argument was we were all paying for this one game and then nothing until next year.

Yea one game that you can own for $30, out of a sea of nothing for mostly 2022, such a great deal in gaming. Pay $14.99 sign up for Shredders revenge then hopefully cancel until fall when Forza, gears collection drops. I'm buying it cause its literally $30 and well worth it for a well made 6 player co-op beat-em up.

But you cant defend the lack of content Xbox has had. SHredders revenge is a great get because everyone who grew up with turtles will get this game.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Where's the game already?? I want in!

Eric Andre GIF

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I had $15 of Microsoft credits that expire soon, so I preordered the game for $22.50 in order to kick the pubs/devs some extra money even though I'll be playing on Game Pass. It's weird that the game doesn't show up for me in the GP PC app, just the Microsoft Store. I tried switching my region to NZ again and running the game after pre-installing it on both PC and Xbox, and still no luck. Bummer, dude. Looks like it will launch June 16th at 6am PT for me.

Kagey K

Banned
I had $15 of Microsoft credits that expire soon, so I preordered the game for $22.50 in order to kick the pubs/devs some extra money even though I'll be playing on Game Pass. It's weird that the game doesn't show up for me in the GP PC app, just the Microsoft Store. I tried switching my region to NZ again and running the game after pre-installing it on both PC and Xbox, and still no luck. Bummer, dude. Looks like it will launch June 16th at 6am PT for me.
See post 107

TwiztidElf

Gah - 8 hours?! It's 7:30am in the UK :(
5pm in Australia. Knock off time. Was looking forwards to playing it tonight.
Unlocks at 11pm maybe for us I think apparently.
If they're going with West Coast USA, or some later time for East Coast, like the last timezone on Earth to tick over to 16 June, well just damn well tell us the 17 June.
These hype reviews aren't helping.

Last edited:
5pm in Australia. Knock off time. Was looking forwards to playing it tonight.
Unlocks at 11pm maybe for us I think apparently.
If they're going with West Coast USA, or some later time for East Coast, like the last timezone on Earth to tick over to 16 June, well just damn well tell us the 17 June.
These hype reviews aren't helping.

Xbox store says 2pm UK time so 5hrs 30mins

Papacheeks

Banned
I'm most excited for the Shadowrun trilogy after TMNT.

Regardless that's 3 great day 1 gets this month (SE5, TMNT and Shadowrun) , yet your argument was we were all paying for this one game and then nothing until next year.

My point is those games are still not heavy hitters. They are nice added bonuses to keep subscriptions engaged. But if your going to tell me that those equate to Sonys offering this fall and Microsoft previous year then this conversation is over.
New customers that spend $500 are not signing up for small games. They sign up to play a big title. Like a mlb the show, madden, forza, halo, starfield.
There are two demographics on game pass people like jaffe that just want to play a variety of stuff. Then there are people that just want to play the big games. A lot of it similar to the streaming service delema is people subbed recently for just stranger things. Part 1 was May/June part two is July.

After they are done if there isn’t anything of note will probably unsubscribe. That’s what I did. Most of 2022 show wise there was nothing fir me. HBO max and disney+ at least have consistent big show drops throughout the year.
And they make it so you can’t binge.
Microsoft is going Netflix route but unfortunately don’t have the IP quality or branding their competitors do right now.
Time will tell, but time is not on their side.

The longer people wait the more pressure is on for these promised big games to be at the same polish and level as their competition.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
My point is those games are still not heavy hitters. They are nice added bonuses to keep subscriptions engaged. But if your going to tell me that those equate to Sonys offering this fall and Microsoft previous year then this conversation is over.
New customers that spend $500 are not signing up for small games. They sign up to play a big title. Like a mlb the show, madden, forza, halo, starfield.
There are two demographics on game pass people like jaffe that just want to play a variety of stuff. Then there are people that just want to play the big games. A lot of it similar to the streaming service delema is people subbed recently for just stranger things. Part 1 was May/June part two is July.

After they are done if there isn’t anything of note will probably unsubscribe. That’s what I did. Most of 2022 show wise there was nothing fir me. HBO max and disney+ at least have consistent big show drops throughout the year.
And they make it so you can’t binge.
Microsoft is going Netflix route but unfortunately don’t have the IP quality or branding their competitors do right now.
Time will tell, but time is not on their side.

The longer people wait the more pressure is on for these promised big games to be at the same polish and level as their competition.

Show us on Mikey where Game Pass hurt you:
R.1b312093ab8bb3ec65634d49f2b24656

I'm downloading it right now trough the microsoft store on PC. Couldn't find it anywhere in the xbox app so hopefully it'll let me play it this way. Game is 741MB

EDIT: It's working!!!! Play trough Microsoft store.

Last edited:

poodaddy

I would like to play with my kids when I get home from work.
Same here, I'm holding off. Really wanna try it out, but I just think it'd be better to try it out at the same time with my daughter. Incredibly stoked though, I just know we're gonna have a hell of a day. We're doing it right, as soon as she gets out of school I'm buying two big pizzas and we're making a turtle day of it. Gonna be rad, perhaps even tubular or bodacious.

Had a quick go. It has cross-play!! Disabled by default on series X.

Had a go with matchmaking - urrghhh pings of 250-300ms. Don't think it is using zones.

Ristifer

I remember SoR4 having similar issues, but I think they fixed those, if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully the online issues will be sorted for this game as well.

yamaci17

works perfectly on PC on game pass joined a random party, played a bit. need to learn combo wombos. seems like a fun game!

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Just finished a nice session with my son and nephew. We cleared Episode 9 and decided to take a little break. Looks like we're a little over halfway through. Loving the game, feels like being a kid again.

Top Bottom