• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To the people who are concerned about xbox this gen, this is what they will have this gen so far. Plus activision, if the deal is done.

Anyone that got banned for clowning MS for having no games, were totally right. Even with the Bethesda purchase, it DRY.

I dont even think Gamepass made a difference in saving Xbox. It was the pandemic, Sony literally couldn’t make enough consoles.

What pisses me off the most is people hyping games no one knows shit about, even their own creators. When the developers don‘t even have great track records in years. Everwild, Project Midnight, Perfect Dark, hell Starfield are all most likely to be duds.

Here Sony is just going to release Horizon2 and GOW2 this year because of all this ineptitude from the other side. They better have TLOU Factions 2, Sly Cooper Remake, and another AAA single player game ready to go.

TL;DR quick list​

• 343 industries: Halo Infinite
  • Compulsion Games: Project Midnight
  • Double Fine: Unannounced projects, Psychonauts 2
  • inXile: Project Cobalt, Wasteland 3 updates
  • Mojang: Minecraft updates, Minecraft Dungeons updates, two unannounced projects
  • Ninja Theory: Project Mara, Hellblade II
  • Obsidian Entertainment: Grounded, Avowed, The Outer Worlds 2, unannounced project
  • Playground Games: Forza Horizon 5, Fable
  • The Coalition: Gears of War, unannounced project
  • Rare: Sea of Thieves updates, Everwild
  • The Initiative: Perfect Dark
  • Turn 10: Forza Motorsport 8
  • Undead Labs: State of Decay 3
  • World's Edge: Age of Empires IV, partner projects
  • Bethesda Softworks: Starfield, Elder Scrolls VI, Fallout 76 updates
  • id Software: Unannounced projects
  • Arkane Studios: Deathloop, RedFall
  • Tango Gameworks: Ghostwire Toyko, unannounced project
  • Machine Games: Indiana Jones, Wolfenstein III
  • ZeniMax Online: Elder Scrolls Online, unannounced projects
  • Xbox Publishing: Project Indus, Project Dragon, Project Belfry, Project Shaolin, As Dusk Falls, Contraband
No offense, not trying to start anything here, but based on the sheer amount of threads you've started about Xbox this week, I would say that you are the most "concerned" person here.

Amiga

Ghost of GOTY future.

X-Box no longer offers things only on it's platform. PlayStation still offers majority exclusives at least for a few years with the big games. Nintendo dose full exclusivity but week hardware is easy for budget PCs to emulate.

So the order of platform attractiveness is still:
1-PC(at the same time this is also practically X-box+Valve+occasional Playstation and emulated Nintendo)
2-Playstation
3-Nintendo
4-X-box

once RDNA3 APUs are out, PC gaming will be even more attractive and accessible for tight budget gamers.

Lognor

Banned
Anyone that got banned for clowning MS for having no games, were totally right. Even with the Bethesda purchase, it DRY.

I dont even think Gamepass made a difference in saving Xbox. It was the pandemic, Sony literally couldn’t make enough consoles.

What pisses me off the most is people hyping games no one knows shit about, even their own creators. When the developers don‘t even have great track records in years. Everwild, Project Midnight, Perfect Dark, hell Starfield are all most likely to be duds.

Here Sony is just going to release Horizon2 and GOW2 this year because of all this ineptitude from the other side. They better have TLOU Factions 2, Sly Cooper Remake, and another AAA single player game ready to go.
Damn that's a lot of sequels. Cool if that is what you want lol

kingfey

Banned
No offense, not trying to start anything here, but based on the sheer amount of threads you've started about Xbox this week, I would say that you are the most "concerned" person here.
I post news post here.
If you xbox stuff, chances are they are from the news.

Stuart360

Some of the posts and threads on here, over the news of a game being delayed (as if its not the norm these days), well its ludicrous.
I think the success and positivity around Xbox this gen has hit many of you hard, i mean just look a some of the replies in this and other threads over this news. People talking about Xbox is only doing well because PS5 is hard to get, i mean even if that was true, whats that got to do with a game being delayed.
Its like all the drivel many of you wanted to say over the last couple of years is spewing out of you now Xbox has had a bit of bad news over Starfield.

The insecurity from some of you is a sight to behold.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Any gameplay for those.
Seems like a
please-be-excited-square-enix.jpg

To me....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Btw how many exclusives has MS released this year for Xbox?

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I have no problem with games being shown 2 years early as long as there are other games to fill in the gaps

No one would mind delays if they had good software releasing

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Some of the posts and threads on here, over the news of a game being delayed (as if its not the norm these days), well its ludicrous.
I think the success and positivity around Xbox this gen has hit many of you hard, i mean just look a some of the replies in this and other threads over this news. People talking about Xbox is only doing well because PS5 is hard to get, i mean even if that was true, whats that got to do with a game being delayed.
Its like all the drivel many of you wanted to say over the last couple of years is spewing out of you now Xbox has had a bit of bad news over Starfield.

The insecurity from some of you is a sight to behold.
You think Starfield being delayed is a problem, you think sony fanboys having some fun at the expense of Microsoft is a problem.

Let me tell you what a REAL FUCKING PROBLEM IS,

Liverpool won the goddam FA Cup today.

I got kyliethicc kyliethicc sending me pictures of a smiling Jurgen Klopp on Discord.

You guys have got the easy way out.

FFS, FML sigh, cry "lollipop_disappointed:

Stuart360

You think Starfield being delayed is a problem, you think sony fanboys having some fun at the expense of Microsoft is a problem.

I got kyliethicc kyliethicc sending me pictures of a smiling Jurgen Klopp on Discord.

I have just avoided the web to be honest. If i dont see it, it didnt happen!.

kingfey

Banned

That is easy. Imagine having top 4 on your hand, and this holdini basically giving away one of the most important game, against our rivals.

Now my heart can't sustain for these last 2 matches.

kingfey

Banned
My issue with Microsoft is every time a game gets delayed, they have nothing to compensate. Sony and Nintendo have smaller stuff like Sifu, Kena, Live a Live etc to fill in the gaps. And when Microsoft eventually releases a new exclusive, it more often than not ends up being mediocre.
Stalker 2 delay didn't help them at all too.
They basically tried out your eggs on your basket.

If they don't have anything on this coming showcase, they will truly make a glaring hole this year.

Kacho

Gold Member
Yeah but when are they coming out and will they be any good?

I’ve had a Series X for nearly two years and the only first party game I own is Forza Horizon 5 and that’s cross gen.

Three

If they had released other 2022 first-party games already or had others announced to be coming, it would have been much less of an issue.

But, Starfield (and Redfall, if anyone cared) was basically ALL of Microsoft's 2022.

Right now, Microsoft is touting GamePass as being a steal for only $180 for all of 2022 where you get every first-party Microsoft game, yet they have exactly zero now.
I don't think they will have nothing for 2022. I'm still very much hopeful for some surprise announcements in June.

kyussman

Seeing as there’s nothing announced for this year… yes?

5 of the acquisitions happened in 2018. Content pipeline is shocking.
Yea,I meant for the generation ahead in general.....as for nothing coming this year,you make a good point......can they still blame covid,lol.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Unfortunately making games doesnt happen overnight. Most of the studios have been bought over the last 2-3 years, and yeah thats not enough time for a lot of devs producing AAA games.
Delays suck but how many games launch these days on schedule?, not many. The second half of this gen will be flooded with games on Xbox, so let the concern trolls have their fun while they can.

Do
You think those studios have been doing nothing the last 2-3 years?

Just sat around waiting to be bought eh?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
True it used to be that "hardcore" was for people who played and mastered the hardest games, or were the best at them, not necessarily how many games you bought. But I guess as the industry became larger and larger money-wise then the role of "whales" who spend a lot in the hobby naturally increased alongside that, and the definition changed.

That's still who I consider to be the "hardcore" gamers.

There are people that play only a single game like Rainbow 6, Halo, CoD and they play it competitively; to me those people are far more hardcore than gamers that play a shit ton of little indie artsy stuff, Visual Novels or crappy walking sims like Life is Strange that don't even have any gameplay.

SaucyJack

What’s the point of this thread OP?

For those worried about Xbox here’s a list of unreleased and delayed games and unannounced projects. 🤷‍♂️ Seriously what concerns do you think that will alleviate? This is exactly what people are concerned about.

Pelta88

Nice list.

I'm more concerned about the disconnect between the XBOX PR machine in regards to those games, and their level of quality control on release. Halo infinite being a very recent reminder.

Stuart360

Do
You think those studios have been doing nothing the last 2-3 years?

Just sat around waiting to be bought eh?
No but i mean i'm sure a lot of the studios started new projects when they were bought. So taking into account covid, 2-3 years really isnt a long time.
I said at the start of this gen that it will be the second half of the gen when the games really start flowing consistantly for Xbox.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
  • 343 industries: Halo Infinite
  • Compulsion Games: Project Midnight
  • Double Fine: Unannounced projects, Psychonauts 2
  • inXile: Project Cobalt, Wasteland 3 updates
  • Mojang: Minecraft updates, Minecraft Dungeons updates, two unannounced projects
  • Ninja Theory: Project Mara, Hellblade II
  • Obsidian Entertainment: Grounded, Avowed, The Outer Worlds 2, unannounced project
  • Playground Games: Forza Horizon 5, Fable
  • The Coalition: Gears of War, unannounced project
  • Rare: Sea of Thieves updates, Everwild
  • The Initiative: Perfect Dark
  • Turn 10: Forza Motorsport 8
  • Undead Labs: State of Decay 3
  • World's Edge: Age of Empires IV, partner projects
  • Bethesda Softworks: Starfield, Elder Scrolls VI, Fallout 76 updates
  • id Software: Unannounced projects
  • Arkane Studios: Deathloop, RedFall
  • Tango Gameworks: Ghostwire Toyko, unannounced project
  • Machine Games: Indiana Jones, Wolfenstein III
  • ZeniMax Online: Elder Scrolls Online, unannounced projects
  • Xbox Publishing: Project Indus, Project Dragon, Project Belfry, Project Shaolin, As Dusk Falls, Contraband

eating.gif

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
No AAA Halo, Perfect Dark etc just weird hip IP's ... I just don't care at first glance. And that's my thing I know. To cynical and all sorry

Last edited:
Top Bottom