• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Todd McFarlane Addresses Challenge of a New Spawn Video Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Appearing on ComicBook.com's ComicBook Nation podcast, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane was asked about the possibility. McFarlane revealed that there are currently no plans, as the new Spawn movie is taking priority. However, McFarlane emphasized that the film could help other projects get off the ground.

"I think [the movie] will be the driving force of so many things around it. Literally the snowball business effect. I don't want to have like 30 things that I've got going and then I sort of regret because now we've got a bigger opportunity to do something cooler, or a bigger company wants to come in," said McFarlane.

McFarlane raises a very good point regarding visibility and how live-action movies can lead to other projects getting green-lit.

SeraphJan

Sometimes It could go other ways around, its a different time now, we've seen tons of movies/shows based on video game in the past few years.

OldBoyGamer

Banned
The HBO cartoon was really good. The movie… not so much.

Very skeptical about this tbh. Feels like it will be another Venom horror comic book movie. I didn’t enjoy venom sorry (but then I’ve never been a big fan of the character tbh).

Hope they take a large helping of artistic license with the movie. Spawn is a cool-ass character whose comic book stories never really do anything interesting with. The comics kina meander along and then really just go to shit around issue 100.

Chronicle

New Spawn movie? Man, Spawn is so cool but they keep fucking it up. The animated series was great but the movie was teeeeeeerrrribbblllleeee.

Top Bottom