• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show 2019 |OT| Konichiwa Mothafuckas!

Komatsu

Yea my brother is in Shibuya. He said it was 104 degree out there last Saturday when we spoke. When does rainy season out there start?

Typically around June, up to late July. It wasn't particularly rainy this year. TGS blows when it rains, as you gotta queue for a little bit before getting into the venue.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Typically around June, up to late July. It wasn't particularly rainy this year. TGS blows when it rains, as you gotta queue for a little bit before getting into the venue.
Sorry to ask another question. So is it basically like E3, just in Japan? How much are tickets typically?

Edit:
15-20 bucks per day. Not bad.

Last edited:

Komatsu

Sorry to ask another question. So is it basically like E3, just in Japan? How much are tickets typically?

Edit:
15-20 bucks per day. Not bad.

Ask away, man. Yes, it kind of like E3 but TGS usually doesn't have as many "side-events". It is, however, open to the public in its last two days and it can get pretty crowded.

That said, it's an amazing show and definitively recommended if you're in town. They always have some designated spots for some pretty cool photo ops, and getting your hands on some of the upcoming titles is always sweet.

Special shout-out to the amazing Monster Hunter "photo spot" Capcom set up in 2017. (not my photo)

1506357592-5319-card.jpg

Vitacat

Wait, did I read right - Sega is making a new Virtual-On?!

EDIT: Ok, so apparently they're porting past games and developing a new twin stick controller for modern console(s).

Last edited:

Aranea

Countdown to the new FF VII Remake trailer is now available on the Japanese website. It will be available tomorrow early in the morning est time.

Aggelos

Why there is no news on ace attorney ?

Why is it that Takumi Shu hasn't posted anything on his twitter since March?
I don't want to jump the gun, but has he been facing any health issues this year or something?

Last edited:
Why is it that Takumi Shu hasn't posted anything on his twitter since March?
I don't want to jump the gun, but has he been facing any health issues this year or something?

I think because he is quite busy making games, and had nothing to do with any problems he has.And if he has any personal problems, we would hear it from capcom or video games news outlets.

D.Final

Banned
CMON BLOODBORNE 2 YOU CAN DO IT (HYPE INTENSIFIES)
RliwYVf.jpg

As much as I love the idea of making a Bloodborne 2 (maybe even Bloodboorne 1 prequel), I believe that to date it is difficult for Fromsoftware to work on 2 big projects together.

Considering that their main focus is now Elder Ring.

However, I am sure that a possible Bloodboorne 2 can exist.
But I also know that an IP of this weight would be announced only when the Fromsoftware will be sure to be able to work at full capacity.
(and, in this case, if Elden Ring gets a release date in the coming months, such as by February or March 2020, I can also see that they could also announce a new project during E3 2020 [and in this case could also be a possible Bloodboorne 2])
But only if they are at a good point with the release date of Elder Ring, and not before.

Countdown to the new FF VII Remake trailer is now available on the Japanese website. It will be available tomorrow early in the morning est time.

Less than 4:30 hours left for a new trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake.

I8iLwwM.jpg

Hype :messenger_smiling_hearts:

KàIRóS

These are the games I'm most excited about for this TGS:

Tales of Arise
Project Resistance
Nioh 2
Project Sakura Wars
Atelier Ryza
Fairy Tail RPG
Trials of Mana
Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent

I don't expect big reveals but that special Mega Man booth from Capcom has me excited.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Ask away, man. Yes, it kind of like E3 but TGS usually doesn't have as many "side-events". It is, however, open to the public in its last two days and it can get pretty crowded.

That said, it's an amazing show and definitively recommended if you're in town. They always have some designated spots for some pretty cool photo ops, and getting your hands on some of the upcoming titles is always sweet.

Special shout-out to the amazing Monster Hunter "photo spot" Capcom set up in 2017. (not my photo)

1506357592-5319-card.jpg

NERGIGAAAAANTE!!!!!

I have PTSD from fighting that bastard. Fantastic set piece wow.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Hmmm, Hamster talking about Arcade Archives and ACA Neo Geo series?

Fingers crossed for Neo Drift Out New Technology.

Fingers double-crossed for some kind of physical release of these collections...

scalman

As of now some new trailers i saw allready and new re game is not interesting so nothing yet for me from what they showed.
So they mean no surprises no nothing? Like they will show same and same games. And then some death stranding gameplay sure but what else.

Top Bottom