• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online (09/24/20 - 09/27/20)

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Didn't the ps4 version ran at 60 fps too (albeit with dips)?
I remember it chuggin a lot in very heavy action fights, specially at the end. I played it a long ago so I might be wrong tho.

ZZZZ

It's too early. Assuming that the wait for FF7Remake Episode 2 is a long road, maybe they'll be something for it later down the line (patches, DLCs and whatnot)
Maybe once the timed exclusivity is up.
A texture fix patch would be nice.

Have you tried it? Sorry to ask so much, but I'm considering buying the PC ver (has a 50% discount now on steam) to replay it at 60 fps. :)

Last time i played was around 2 years ago, but it worked fine.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Ended up double diping on Automata. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Guilty_AI

I remember it chuggin a lot in very heavy action fights, specially at the end. I played it a long ago so I might be wrong tho.
Well, if it helps, i played it with a GTX 1070 in 1080p + FAR mod (setting global illumination from Ultra to high, which improves fps with no visual loss). The game kept 60 fps pretty much through its entirety with some few exceptions with it dropping to around 50

unknown.png

LMAO not available in South America?

They know we can't afford it.

tenor.gif
I can afford it but doesn't make it in any cheaper :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I personally glad it’s not full on “remake”, I like the visual style in original NieR and I’m glad kept that while improving the combat which was only flaw in Replicant/Gestalt.
The only other thing I'd change is shortening the Forest of Myth sections on subsequent routes. While I appreciate the change of pace it provides, by the third time through it gets old.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Anymore info on this? There were quite a few Hamster Corp games I wanted to buy if they ever come to Xbox.
No further news, but it's a given. Hamster's ownership of hundreds of arcade IPs fits in line with a Game Pass subscription. I'm putting 2 + 2 together but I could be mistaken. Take it as an opinion and not a confirmation.

Aggelos

A texture fix patch would be nice.

The so-called "textures' delayed loading" issue is something conspicuous for the player, but it's only a visual/aesthetical one.
It surely detracts a tad from the overall satisfaction of your eyes (or the player's eyes), but it's not a technical hiccup that destroys the gameplay and causes the game to crash or feel broken whatsoever. I'm sure they've noted it, but the ROI of fixing it could be minimum, for that matter. It might be too costly of a problem to address with a free patch, mind you.

Last edited:

Bombolone

Gold Member
What made it good?
I enjoyed Square Enix showing of Nier content. The format was wholesome and the dudes just chilling throwing jokes around was fun.
Showed gameplay of Replicant along with items from the mobile game and Automata gear. Interviews with voice actors and guest appearances (music composer, combat designer) added a nice touch without being corny. My first time seeing the Nier team, gotta say it was a layed back cool experience.

Microsoft was Microsoft in Japan, just there. Same message as every TGS. We value Japan. Presentation/marketing seemed like an afterthought.
Had a games/gamer montage that featured hipsters (NA looking/cities)
Couldn't have made an effort to make Japanese focused marketing. (With Japanese skylines and Japanese people playing their games)

Chinese indie devs are up now. Much love for indies doing their thing even if it isn't something for me.

Spelling error.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Am I missing the talks about Bright Memory (Infinite)? It looks so good. Is there any issues from the previous installment? I know it's 1 developer but it just looks so amazing.

TintoConCasera

So tell me, how was the original game? I remember people saying the story was really cool but the gameplay very janky.

Woopah

How come Neir Replicant is coming out on ps4 and Xbox in April 2021 but not next gen? Seems a bit of an odd decision to release it on the previous gen at that point.
Japan will be slow to transition to next gen, people who do have a PS5 can just buy the PS4 copy of the game. I think it'll take at least 2 years for games to stop getting PS4 versions, though I'd expect the bigger games to get PS5 versions by 2022.

TintoConCasera

Its very good, the graphics no marvel but the art direction was on point and music was godly. the Characters were absolutely lovable and banter between them was charming as fuck.
You got it right, gameplay was a little bit messy and the graphics are what you expect from a game with a small budget but everything else is good to great.
Well I don't care too much about graphics, but I do care about art direction and music. It's been some time since I last played a charming adventure, so I'm really hyped for this remake.

Thanks both! :)

e0n

So what did announce? Can't OP update summaries for what was announced?
Each day, I'll add any forum threads that relate to the event. Check my source for the full schedule. I'm not sure what people were expecting, since this is a multi-day event which more or less announced what they were going to show in advance. It's not really a hype event with big reveals like the upcoming Game Awards.

Each day, I'll add any forum threads that relate to the event. Check my source for the full schedule. I'm not sure what people were expecting, since this is a multi-day event which more or less announced what they were going to show in advance. It's not really a hype event with big reveals like the upcoming Game Awards.
I was wondering why it was so dead here regarding Japanese game news during this and I guess that answers my question.

Aggelos

When is SEGA time? I was expecting the rumor about Sonic to be true at least.

Hmm weird, i was sure Capcom one was on the 27

Guys the schedule

Capcom seems to have stuff on the 25th to show

September 25
  • 6:00 a.m. PT / 9:00 a.m. ET / 22:00 JST – Capcom Special Program – Watch out for the Capcom Special Program, to be live streamed as part of TGS 2020 Online! Reveals and latest game updates are planned for titles such as Resident Evil Village and more!
  • 7:00 a.m. PT / 10:00 a.m. ET / 23:00 JST – Street Fighter League: Pro-JP 2020 Part 1: Opener – The 2020 season for Japan’s premier Street Fighter V eSports league is ready to start! World-class players with a Street Fighter V Japan eSports Pro License issued by the Japan eSports Union (JeSU) will team up with players selected from a preliminary tournament held just for this event to form virtual dream teams and duke it out in heated league battles for fame and fortune! Watch as history is made!

Last edited:
Top Bottom