• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show 2023 exhibitors have been revealed

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Aubrey Plaza Ifc GIF by Film Independent Spirit Awards

News about the Elden Ring DLC, Dragon's Dogma 2, New Monster Hunter and I'm a happy man. Maybe anything about Rise of The Ronin because we need something after those leaks.

Luigi Mario

Nintendo will attend TGS for the first time since 2005. I wonder what could be the reason?

Last edited:

yurinka

Sony indie? WTF?
Yeah, Sony are definitely having another showcase this year. This all but confirms it. They’ve got too much to talk about.
As in previous years, this year Sony funds/sponsors the indie games area. They won't have a booth for their own games.

They may have a State of Play around TGS days as did last year, but I don't think they'll call it showcase.

Nintendo will attend TGS for the first time since 2005. I wonder what could be the reason?
Maybe to give Switch a final extra marketing push for the games they'll have for the last year or so before Switch 2 launch.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Konami needs to reveal the release date for Suikoden remasters. Hopefully attached to a new trailer. They've been silent for too long.

Hudo

- Level-5
- Square Enix

Alright. Time to formally announce DQ9 Remake that you teased years ago, Akino, Horii.

Last edited:

Woopah

Maybe to give Switch a final extra marketing push for the games they'll have for the last year or so before Switch 2 launch.
Nintendo is only in the business area, they'll have their own, seperate Direct before the event like always.
Dragon Quest Monsters 3 PLEASE
Almost certainly since it launches in December

NanaMiku

Wait, Nintendo is in? They never have exhibition at TGS before. I wonder what Biz area only means. Is it they only attend for business only and no booth?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
People can attend this event, if possible... how is the method?

I always wanted to go to E3, but since idiot Jim Ryan screwed up like always, I wish I could go to at least this one in the future.

Man, Sony's showcase really did do some damage, didn't it?
How do you mean? I’m speaking purely practically. They’ve got too much to talk about to say nothing, and they won’t do lots of states of play.

Spider-Man 2
Slim PS5
Q-Lite
Helldivers 2
Concord
Rise of the Ronin
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Stellar Blade

After Spider-Man 2 launches, we have no dates attached for any games they have on their slate. We only have concord confirmed for next year, officially. They won’t have a GAAS game as their only published title.

ZehDon

Gold Member
How do you mean? I’m speaking purely practically...
Nope - Sony's not doing another big showcase this year. How do we know this? When was the last time any company had a second E3 conference? Sony's done for this year. You might get a State of Play for specific titles close to launch, and, heck, you might even get a PlayStation Experience in December. That's it.

Go_Ly_Dow

Look TGS, I know historically you're a mostly a letdown but we ain't asking for much here.

Just give us new trailers for some upcoming games like FF7 Rebirth, Metaphor, P3R and a few others and all is forgiven.

Maybe throw in the reveal of Ueda's new game if you feel like it and I think that's reasonable.

Nope - Sony's not doing another big showcase this year. How do we know this? When was the last time any company had a second E3 conference? Sony's done for this year. You might get a State of Play for specific titles close to launch, and, heck, you might even get a PlayStation Experience in December. That's it.
Sony aren’t operating on the traditional cadence anymore.

We have multiple reports of content being prepped and ready to go for their last showcase but then not included.

Literally after HellDivers their first party content is a mystery (officially).

Twisted Metal, Concord, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade went undated and May slip, and then there is the rest of their 1st party slate. Far too much for a State of Play. They’ve also got to market COD as well.

Woopah

Wait, Nintendo is in? They never have exhibition at TGS before. I wonder what Biz area only means. Is it they only attend for business only and no booth?
They will only be there for business meetings (probably showing the Switch 2 behind closed doors)
How do you mean? I’m speaking purely practically. They’ve got too much to talk about to say nothing, and they won’t do lots of states of play.

Spider-Man 2
Slim PS5
Q-Lite
Helldivers 2
Concord
Rise of the Ronin
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Stellar Blade

After Spider-Man 2 launches, we have no dates attached for any games they have on their slate. We only have concord confirmed for next year, officially. They won’t have a GAAS game as their only published title.
Spiderman , Helldivers and Q Lite were already in the last Showcase, the release dates for the rest can be given in a State of Play or a tweet .

NanaMiku

People can attend this event, if possible... how is the method?

I always wanted to go to E3, but since idiot Jim Ryan screwed up like always, I wish I could go to at least this one in the future.
TGS usually is 4 days, the first 2 days are for business only (also journalist). The last 2 days are for public (Saturday and Sunday) but usually really packed.

Website is up. Here's the ticketing information https://tgs.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2023/en/ticket/

I attended TGS 2016 on business day. I worked as freelance journalist on local anime news site and got in. I think it's pretty easy to register. They also have ticket for influencer on business day now

ZehDon

Gold Member
Sony aren’t operating on the traditional cadence anymore.

We have multiple reports of content being prepped and ready to go for their last showcase but then not included.

Literally after HellDivers their first party content is a mystery (officially).

Twisted Metal, Concord, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade went undated and May slip, and then there is the rest of their 1st party slate. Far too much for a State of Play. They’ve also got to market COD as well.
So the usual rumours that come and go every year is your rationale for thinking Sony has an entire second E3 conference ready to go? And no - they don't need a second E3 conference to market COD. Rarely do they have COD as part of their stage show; that's more YouTube ads, TV spots, etc, with the PlayStation logo, because that's where the advertising matters. There's literally nothing that suggests Sony has magically held back for an entire second E3-style show - the real E3, the one with the real games. Sony want two major releases a year. This, that's Spider-man 2 and Final Fantasy. That's all they've got. You'll find out more next year about next year.

Yeah, Sony are definitely having another showcase this year. This all but confirms it. They’ve got too much to talk about.
Like? State of Play for Spider-Man 2 is probably all they're gonna have this year now. Any announcements will be at the Game awards unfortunately.

Top Bottom