• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore Battle Trailer

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You realize people can be otaku without being Japanese, right? Tora is a weeb, but in world where weeb isn't a thing. So 'moe' doesn't exist either. That's just like changing the Japanese names. Xenoblade 2 doesn't take place in a Japanese society, therefore Japanese names would have made it worse.
Christ. I don't even know where to begin after reading that so I'll just be brief. The original language was Japanese and this was made by Japanese people made in mind for (wait for it) Japanese people. If you have no problems with the westernization translation and butchering of a Japanese product then good for you (disgusting) but you aren't gonna change my mind on this.

lyan

I also hate the censorship, I truly do but if you expect me to skip the game I was waiting for Switch port for long time then you are out of your mind.

Boycotting won’t do shit, only thing it does, shows Atlus and Nintendo that people don’t have no interest in this type of game and as result they stop making these games and don’t want to see that.
While I agree that is probably going to be the case for the western version, if the Japanese version bombs they would be pretty dumb to not know it is because of the censorship.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
While I agree that is probably going to be the case for the western version, if the Japanese version bombs they would be pretty dumb to not know it is because of the censorship.
How did Japanese version do in Japan when it first came out on WiiU?

lyan

How did Japanese version do in Japan when it first came out on WiiU?
In the 50k range I believe so not good but not too bad. We are quite often seeing ~2x sales for WiiU ports on Switch in Japan so they may be targetting 60-80k launch this time.

TLZ

Banned
It does, Atlus always something to new re-release in their games, which is why it called “Encore”.
Do we know what they are? Also, any idea about resolution etc? Or do I have to wait for DF for that stuff?

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
SMT is offensive to most of the United States as well. Go to the average American and talk to them about how God is a dick and how you want to kill him and create a demonic world of chaos and they will start shrieking Bible verses at you.
Eh...but that god is based on the Jewish god not the Christian one and it isn't even the real god. Even then most Christians won't bomb Sega over the game existing.

Isa

Gold Member
I know of one Youtuber, Jayrpg an Aussie dude who is pretty positive so far for the game, and he's been pretty honest about the situation. I originally skipped the initial release, and had been debating on trying this version or not. Well after Danjin's reasons, and other impressions I decided to pre-order it. I'm against censorship of any kind but I want to play it. It'll be my first new Jrpg of the year before the onslaught. Plus there seem to still be some sexy outfits in there and I hope some nice new ones too.

After this I really hope Xenoblade Chronicles X makes it over as well, that is the last game I skipped on the Wii U.

Manus

I loved this game on the Wii-U, had such a unique combat system. Plus the music was great, which is no surprise since it's an Atlus game.

Also has such a gorgeous menu!

WiiU_screenshot_TV_0131D_201601122142092bf.jpg

Last edited:
Eh...but that god is based on the Jewish god not the Christian one and it isn't even the real god. Even then most Christians won't bomb Sega over the game existing.

YHVH is the real Christian god though. He gets power from the worship and belief in Him from His believers.

Most Christians also believe that the OT God is the same as the NT. I've had a lot of conversations about Biblical nuance (e.g. Lucifer and Satan being different entities, and Satan being an agent of God throughout most of the Bible) and people never believe that either. Fact are irrelevant to what people believe.

And they aren't going to attack Sega HQ, but that was not what the poster said. He said things should be changed to minimize offensiveness with respect to the predominant culture. Sexy idols = offensive in America, and killing YHVH = offensive, so they should get the same treatment, right?

I loved this game on the Wii-U, had such a unique combat system. Plus the music was great, which is no surprise since it's an Atlus game.

Also has such a gorgeous menu!

WiiU_screenshot_TV_0131D_201601122142092bf.jpg

That looks like the P4 battle menu, but not eye-burning yellow. Neat!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong. Yehowah isn't the Christian god. He is literally the Hebrew god. (his name is literally that)

The point is that they believe he is their god, so (within the context of SMT) he is their god and gains power from their belief. Ask any Christian and they will tell you that the God of the OT is the God of the NT, and a lot of them will call him Yahweh or other equivalent epithets, at least in the rural area I grew up in.

It does not matter whether he is or isn't, just what the beliefs are.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The point is that they believe he is their god, so (within the context of SMT) he is their god and gains power from their belief.
Did you play SMTII? Aleph is literally Jesus and the false god of Abraham is the antagonist for a reason. (hell you fight multiple versions of him as a sort of deconstruction of the god that took over the older religions)
Ask any Christian and they will tell you that the God of the OT is the God of the NT, and a lot of them will call him Yahweh or other equivalent epithets, at least in the rural area I grew up in.
I'm telling you who SMT's YHVH is not what some people may believe. The way he is presented and what he can turn into reflects that. I think.
It does not matter whether he is or isn't, just what the beliefs are.
It matters since it is wrong. Category wise if it didn't "insert any of the demons that existed as god in the mind of dead religions here" himself/herself would also count as YHVH but he/she doesn't as they are two differently established individuals. (or ideas given life) Elohim isn't the Christian god here and his appearance reflects that. The closest we have come to "god" has yet to show himself/herself as even YHVH is just a small part of The Great Will. Metatron robot noises go here.

Top Bottom