• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore coming to Switch on January 17, 2020

Mista

Banned

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, which originally launched for Wii U in 2015, is coming to Switch as Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore on January 17, 2020, Nintendo announced.

Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:
Slay strategically in deep, stylish RPG battles

The worlds of the Fire Emblem series and Atlus games have crossed paths again and the result is coming to the Nintendo Switch™ system. An inter-dimensional evil has invaded modern-day Tokyo, resulting in this fantastical barrage of music, style, and yes, danger. So, fight back! Battle through dungeons to pump up your strategy and creatively decimate your foes… before all hope fades to black.

You and the rising stars you call friends will need to call on your own creative power—manifested as iconic Fire Emblem characters—to wage a secret war on rogue spirits that feed on creativity. Each encounter will immerse you in deep, turn-based battles that blend the combat of the Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei series into one brutal harmony. Fuse items to craft weaponry; then play to your strengths and crush your foes. Around every corner you’ll find fun nods to multiple fandoms, including Fire Emblem references, dungeons themed to the entertainment industry, and stunning musical performances.
Gematsu

Last edited:
Flippin finally. One of the few games on the Wii U that I wanted to play but never got to since I didn't have the console. Now I can finally get into it on the Switch.

near

Gold Member
Wanted to try this out since forever so I’m glad I’ll get to play it soon. How about The Wonderful 101 while we’re at it Nintendo?

Ulysses 31

Persona 5 wasn't censored to appease mentally ill reprobates by mentally ill reprobates.

They were using the JPN version from what it looked like. Did the JPN version get censored as well?
It didn't get censored in Japan, and the game never got an English dub.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Amazing news, one of the last Wii U games I’ve been waiting for

Did the reeeeee to censor the game originate from GAF...?

Danjin44 Danjin44 Dammit, I could hear your nuts being busted all the way where I live when it popped up during the direct.

ranmafan

I can’t even begin to express my emotions at this news. I’ll just say, this was one of the best pieces of gaming news I’ve heard in a long time. My favorite Wii U game and easily one of the top five games the past decade for me. It was my biggest wish to see it ported to the switch. I just can’t believe it’s happening! Wow!

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
My friend turned to me while we were watching the direct together and said "I think I might be a weeb now"

Seriously, though, I'm glad they brought this forward. I know it has a passionate fan following.

RPGCrazied

Day fuckin one again! Why do all the console makers put their best stuff out in the fall? Sometimes we go months without a release and then fall/winter hits and everything gets released in a small window.

One word. Christmas. Everyone wants to get into that holiday shopping window.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
? There are LOADS more! Project Zero? Windwaker HD and Skyward Sword HD? Xenoblade Chronicles X?

What are you talking about?

Yoshi's Fuckin' Wooly World? Wonderful 101? Pikmin 3? Pushmo World (underappreciated, I tell ya!)?

Hell, I forgot all about Twilight Princess HD. WiiU didn't have that many good games, but the ones it did have were really, really good. Keep putting them on Switch, and I'll keep buying them. Like a total sucker.

ranmafan

Just checked the Japanese store listing and it’s multilanguage which is nice. But I hope that doesn’t mean we are getting the censored costumes in Japan. Or it could mean everyone is getting the uncensored ones. Too early to know of course but I hope what was in the original Japanese release which is all I played is what got put in this one. All I know is I’m excited like crazy for this. Best gaming news all year for me!

Komatsu

I had re-installed my Wii U to play it once again about 2 days ago. If X comes to the Switch, I'm (finally!) getting rid of my Wii U.

On the one hand - lovely. More people will get to play this wonderful, underappreciated (although unfortunately censored) game.

On the other hand, you work so hard to clean out your WiiU backlog, and your reward is that all the games you complete get enhanced editions announced for the Switch.

Maybe they could...remove the censorship....:messenger_downcast_sweat:

Unfortunately, I'm finding it hard to be optimistic about this release, when even the Japanese Nintendo Direct featured the censored cutscene clip of Aversa, the purple sphinx boss.

Since they're going so far as to add new content, I do wonder, if they're also just Frankenstein-ing together a single version of the game from various parts of the international & JP releases.

Sadly SSHD isn't a thing... yet!

Probably not going to happen on Switch. I think it was either Eiji or Shigeru that mentioned due to the way the game was coded to work with the Wii Motion Plus it'd be a hard-sell to rework the combat just to port the game over. If it ever does come to Switch, it'd probably be with some radical changes to how the game plays.

Last edited:

Conan-san

TMS DE can have all of the vagina bones removed for all it matters if they don't fix some clear dificinces in the localisation like, say, for example, those in battle phrases not being translated.

Maybe throw in some Persona/SMT cameo superbosses and more actual SMT and FE in there too if we're not asking for too much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom