• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Brady retires. For reals this time.

The one sports guy I could confidently call GOAT. His accomplishments are astonishing. The haters are idiots.

Joe Burrow or Maholmes? That's the question going forward.

WoJ

Brady is simply the best ever. GOAT gets thrown around wah too much these days, but he truly is the GOAT.

2f35751f-87c6-49bd-bf48-686df75cec90_text.gif

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Bet he bought a Floattank and a lifetime worth of LSD.

Did he ever play for the Dolphins?

Last edited:
He should have retired after winning the Super Bowl in 2021, but I guess he got a little too overzealous and the whole situation exploded in his face. Tampa are a shell of what they were during the championship year.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Dam I was hoping for one more year at the raiders or something. When he lost Antonio brown at the BUCS it was over for old Tom. Rip legend

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Well. Top athletes use floating tanks for a myriad of reasons and intentions.

The inventor of the floating tank John Lilly went on his own path regarding this form of therapy and used LSD and later ketamine while being in a floating tank to try to communicate (and more) with dolphins.

If you have an interest in floating tanks..

About Today’s Guest:
Dr. Justin Feinstein is a clinical Neuro-psychologist & expert in the neuroscience of fear, with over 50 peer-reviewed publications in some of the top scientific journals who has been trailblazing a new path forward for the treatment of anxiety, stress, PTDS, & other suboptimal states of being through Floatation therapy. He is now the President and Director of the Float Research Collective, a nonprofit organization that is playing a pivotal role in establishing Floatation-REST as an accepted medical treatment.

Mandy Rowe is the President of Franchise Development for True REST, the leading float therapy brand in the world, who discovered float therapy right here in San Diego where the Navy SEALS were using Float Pods as a holistic approach to PTSD and muscle recovery. Now, through the franchise model, she works to make float therapy an accessible and approachable therapy for all, while helping people achieve their entrepreneurial dreams.

Reading your edit you should definitely give this a listen then.

PS hence my initial comment

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
This announcement ruined the Mike and the Mad Dog reunion on First Take because it dominated like 60% of the show. Disappointing.

Pollux

Hopefully Brady can avoid the trap Romo fell into with announcing. Brady is amazing at reading a defense and if he could bring that into the booth it would be amazing.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Its so hard to go out on top. I've seen so many Packer legend's last game be a loss. Favre, likely Rodgers, Star, and so many others, always ending their career with a loss.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Trent Dilfer won 1 Super bowl.
Dan Marino won 0 Super bowl.
Therefore, Dilfer > Marino.

Your logic. Not mine.
Did I say only super bowls count? JFC. Here's a list of Bradys records from a quick google search.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/what-nfl-records-does-tom-brady-hold-heres-long-list

Tom Brady ranks first all-time in:
Wins: 251
Pro Bowls: 15
Super Bowl MVP Awards: 5
Completions: 7,753
Attempts: 12,050
Passing Yards: 89,214
Passing Touchdowns: 649

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Did I say only super bowls count? JFC. Here's a list of Bradys records from a quick google search.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/what-nfl-records-does-tom-brady-hold-heres-long-list

All records in a team setting where 52 other humans (plus coaches + staff + ownership) have a significant impact on a QBs performance.

This ain't Golf or Tennis son.

Swap Marino for Brady and you don't know how many records Marino has and you don't know how well Brady does.

Again, no scout, in any sport, be it collegiate or pro, measures a players worth based of team success. Why fans do it is completely illogical.

Stop watching Skip Bayless and StephenA Smith. They rot the brain.

Tom Brady ranks first all-time in:
Wins: 251
Pro Bowls: 15
Super Bowl MVP Awards: 5
Completions: 7,753
Attempts: 12,050
Passing Yards: 89,214
Passing Touchdowns: 649
Why do people like you simply throw out stats without painting the picture behind them? He has the most throwing yards, yeah genius because it's a passing league now. He has the most attempts, yeah because QBs are protected now than they used to be. He has the most completions, yeah because defenders have to play with their hands tied behind their backs or it's a flag. He has the most wins, having a trashbag division for 20+ seasons usually adds to those numbers, though that's unfair as TB12 has beaten some tough competition outside the AFC East.

He has the most Super Bowl MVPs, I can't disagree with this one as TB12 earned those awards at clutch time against great opponents. The only one he was undeserving of was the 2002 Super Bowl MVP against the LA Rams, that was the Patriot defence's glory, not TB12's. I'm not a Tom Brady hater, but I take into consideration the whole picture when it came to his HOF head coach, great defences and rule changes he benefited by. He's one of the best to ever to do it, no question.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
All records in a team setting where 52 other humans (plus coaches + staff + ownership) have a significant impact on a QBs performance.

Swap Marino for Brady and you don't know how many records Marino has and you don't know how well Brady does.

Again, no scout, in any sport, be it collegiate or pro, measures a players worth based of team success. Why fans do it is completely illogical.

Ok

Chozoldman

Banned

As evidenced by his crappy performance outside the cheater infested insulation of the Patriots.

So crappy he won yet another super bowl.
You mean that Super Bowl where the Tampa defence held a high-flying Mahomes offence at 9 points? A team that had two good recievers in Mike Evans and a depleted yet serviceable Gronk? That was a gimmy Super Bowl, just a cherry on the cake of TB12's stellar career, not a noteworthy Super Bowl because of him.

Xenon

Make sense. The chances of him walking on to a field with a Super Bowl ready team are pretty slim.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
You mean that Super Bowl where the Tampa defence held a high-flying Mahomes offence at 9 points? A team that had two good recievers in Mike Evans and a depleted yet serviceable Gronk? That was a gimmy Super Bowl, just a cherry on the cake of TB12's stellar career, not a noteworthy Super Bowl because of him.
While defense was stellar that game, offensively the Bucs were on fire that game as well.

edit: put the wrong team name in

Last edited:
Top Bottom