• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Brady retires. For reals this time.

DaGwaphics

One of the best, if not the best that ever played the position. Expected but still surprising to think that you won't see players of this caliber again.

Been watching him play since he was competing with Hensen at Michigan. Plus, my home town Bucks are getting a downgrade in Madden 24 that sucks. LOL

He's already the GOAT, and he has nothing to prove, and for Chrissakes he's 45 years old. He's already thrown away a marriage to Gisele Bundchen, he needs to stop fucking around with this. Don't pull an MJ here. Retire and be done. He has his whole life ahead of him to enjoy. Dude should just get the damn anchor desk job at ESPN and then he can still be close to football without risking a catastrophic injury for no reason at his age.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
We'll it was a nice try this year and they made it pretty far last year.

His career speaks for itself.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Great quarterback, basically a Ken doll of a human being. More power to him. Looking forward to seeing him be the next talking head ex QB who ages in front of our eyes each Sunday while he and his buddies pretend to still be footballers on Fox Sports and run around on their little make believe studio fields and lob footballs at each other.

HoodWinked

He's already the GOAT, and he has nothing to prove, and for Chrissakes he's 45 years old. He's already thrown away a marriage to Gisele Bundchen, he needs to stop fucking around with this. Don't pull an MJ here. Retire and be done. He has his whole life ahead of him to enjoy. Dude should just get the damn anchor desk job at ESPN and then he can still be close to football without risking a catastrophic injury for no reason at his age.
$375 million over 10 years at Fox Sports. When he retired the first time he was already committed there.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
True professional, started watching Brady since I was a little kid, I use to get heat for wearing a TB12 jersey in school.

Feels like he agreed to this movie because he knew he was gonna be joining their ranks soon...

MV5BNzY4MzQ1MTgtNGZiYS00Y2M5LWJmODUtYzIzNWFlOGZjMjk5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3MDk2NDg2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

pretty toothless humor, good to watch with your grandma

SpiceRacz

Is Tom Brady a more clear cut goat for football than MJ for basketball?

Jordan walked into the league and retired (the first time) as the best player in his sport. There's been better, more talented QBs than Brady. Can't say same for Jordan at his position.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

I support Birmingham. I've been a blue nose since the day I was born. Every male on my father's side has supported Birmingham since the days they were known as Small Heath. I've visited St Andrews to watch Brum with my son, dad, grandfather and great grandfather. I bleed blue.

With that said, I'm not happy with this announcement. The previous shady Hong Kong owners were bad enough, but now we have more Americans owning English football clubs.

Football clubs should be owned by the fans, or at least half owned by the fans. Football is ours, not playthings for multimillionaires or billionaires.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I support Birmingham. I've been a blue nose since the day I was born. Every male on my father's side has supported Birmingham since the days they were known as Small Heath. I've visited St Andrews to watch Brum with my son, dad, grandfather and great grandfather. I bleed blue.

With that said, I'm not happy with this announcement. The previous shady Hong Kong owners were bad enough, but now we have more Americans owning English football clubs.

Football clubs should be owned by the fans, or at least half owned by the fans. Football is ours, not playthings for multimillionaires or billionaires.
WOW never thought I'd find another Blues fan on GAF.

DKehoe

There was a point after the European Super League stuff where looked like it might lead to some reform in how football clubs are run. But, rather unsurprisingly, it seems like nothing meaningful will come of that. It would be great if there could be a move towards something like the German 50+1 model. Like you say football clubs have a cultural value to their communities that goes beyond just being a business. It's sad to see stuff like what happened with Bury or clubs having their badges and other parts of their identity changed to suit the whims of some rich arsehole who doesn't have the same attachment to the team as the people who have grown up watching them.

With this in particular, I doubt his stake will actually have any meaningful impact since it's just a minority ownership. Maybe he has a talk with the nutrition team about stuff he found worked for him, maybe he shows up to a training session and gives a motivational speech but that's probably the extent of it outside of a few social media posts about them. I remember when the UFC got bought by Endeavour, a bunch of celebrities got minor ownership stake in its but really it's kinda just a PR thing to raise publicity and their ownership stake was very small. Brady was actually one of those as well. I believe that Championship games are now shown in the US so maybe the idea is that Birmingham can attract a bunch of American fans by being "The Tom Brady team" and that could grow even further if they get promoted.

When you look at the other groups who have been buying football teams recently it could be a lot worse.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Tom Brady was here today for the first home game and a result for the Birmingham City Soccer Club too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom