• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint: Operation Motherland Teaser

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
There's a hate bridge for anything with the Ubi logo on it, and ESPECIALLY any of the Clancy games.
And it is deserved, especially Tom Clancy's games.

So where is the durrr hurrr UbiSoft is greedy and make big bland open world games crew? I mean, here's UbiSoft releasing a massive, free update for Breakpoint, a game that launched in a fairly broken state a couple of years ago, but was nursed back to health by UbiSoft, patch by patch, and here they are continuing to support it? Tell me you're not scattering like the cockroaches you are when something counters your borrowed Jim Sterling wit and lamebrain narrative?

HURRRRRRR DURRRRRR HURRRRRRRR BIG BLAND OPEN WORLD HURRRRRRRRRR UBISOFT GREEDY DURRRRRRR

Keep up the shitposting, you titans of wit and wonder.
Are you ok? Because this game was such a mess at launch and Ubi fixed it a little doesn't mean Ubi is redeemed for everything else. This game should never have come out the way it was at first, so ...
And it's funny because I know someone on the dev team (who made assets for Breakpoint and Wildlands) and you can't imagine how sad they are with the result. They had a little bit more than a year to produce this game which is why it released in this state, and it's fully Ubi's fault.

Now if you are happy with the game it's fine! But don't say anything to people who don't like it.

Mossybrew

Yeah it really was amazingly disappointing how much worse this game was than Wildlands when it was released. I'm glad Ubi has continued to improve it of course but that was a huge misstep.

Ywap

I even liked the game when it was relased. Finished the main campain twice, don´t hate me :messenger_smiling_hearts: :messenger_winking:

But it´s soo much better now when you can disable lot´s of the feedback stuff, like the minimap, enemy awareness etc.

1PUhb2V.jpg

Last edited:

TheMan

Now I remember why I bounced off this game. I have no idea what the fuck to do. The world is mad confusing and missions are buried under multiple menus. Such a shame what happened to this game.
yeah, despite the improvements they've made I had a similar feeling the last time I tried booting this up. I'm glad to see this update is being well-received though, I think I'll give it yet another shot

edit:...and it's downloading now

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
Just went to a random spot on the map to have some fun and got shredded because my gear score wasn’t high enough. 😂

I know you can turn that off, but I’m really trying to understand how this all clicks. It’s not clear what areas are safe or not…unless I’m missing something?

salva

Do I still have to find that cave, walk through it to a waypoint for some Npc to say, you need to go to waypoint b for more Intel.
I lasted 2 missions when I last played.
Absolutely fucking shithouse was my experience.

Maybe I need to give it one more chance...

Stitch

Gold Member
Do I still have to find that cave, walk through it to a waypoint for some Npc to say, you need to go to waypoint b for more Intel.
yes the stupid hub is still there :lollipop_pensive: not sure about the new mode. maybe I should start the download XD

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member

Lol yeah. I switched over to the new conquest mode when I figured out how and it’s sooooo much better.

Mossybrew

God the "story" is chock full of talking to really poorly animated, modeled, and voiced NPCs. Just garbage tier stuff.

Chiggs

Because this game was such a mess at launch and Ubi fixed it a little doesn't mean Ubi is redeemed for everything else.

Fixed it a little, huh? A little? Including this massive, free update?

I love how people like you will jerk themselves silly over No Man's Sky, but OMG UBISOFT!

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Fixed it a little, huh? A little? Including this massive, free update?

I love how people like you will jerk themselves silly over No Man's Sky, but OMG UBISOFT!
Tom Cruise What GIF

They fixed it a lot if you want, don't play with words you perfectly knows what I'm saying.
I don't care about No Man's Sky and even if it was the case, I can see the flaws of games I like but thx for participating I guess.
Also you are completely ignoring everything else I've said.

Last edited:

Chiggs

Tom Cruise What GIF

They fixed it a lot if you want, don't play with words you perfectly knows what I'm saying.
I don't care about No Man's Sky and even if it was the case, I can see the flaws of games I like but thx for participating I guess.
Also you are completely ignoring everything else I've said.

Like what? Your "I know a dev" story? Whoopty-fucking do.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Like what? Your "I know a dev" story? Whoopty-fucking do.
I was thinking more about
''This game should never have come out the way it was at first""
or
''if you are happy with the game it's fine! But don't say anything to people who don't like it''

But this is probably asking too much. Anyway have fun with any game you want mate !

Chiggs

I was thinking more about
''This game should never have come out the way it was at first""
or
''if you are happy with the game it's fine! But don't say anything to people who don't like it''

But this is probably asking too much. Anyway have fun with any game you want mate !

Cool. Have fun posting in Ubisoft threads.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Cool. Have fun posting in Ubisoft threads.
You are avoiding a response, how predictable.
But what about Far Cry 6? I liked this game (after the big disappointment of FC4/FC5 and New Dawn).
And Anno 1800? I bought all the DLC because this game is just *chief kiss* and I have more than 200 hours in this one, still playing...

So what does that make me? A troll, or just someone that don't share the same opinion as you? And guess what, I'm not the only one.

Ozrimandias

So where is the durrr hurrr UbiSoft is greedy and make big bland open world games crew? I mean, here's UbiSoft releasing a massive, free update for Breakpoint, a game that launched in a fairly broken state a couple of years ago, but was nursed back to health by UbiSoft, patch by patch, and here they are continuing to support it? Tell me you're not scattering like the cockroaches you are when something counters your borrowed Jim Sterling wit and lamebrain narrative?

HURRRRRRR DURRRRRR HURRRRRRRR BIG BLAND OPEN WORLD HURRRRRRRRRR UBISOFT GREEDY DURRRRRRR

The problem with Ubisoft is not that they don't provide support to it's games after launch, it is the constant infantilization of the Tom Clancy franchise, making it more attractive to a fifteen-year-old audience, a completely generic and empty open world, average graphics, disappointing stories and boring, recurring formula, repetitive quests among others.

You can't compare Rainbow Six 3 or New Vegas, Chaos theory, Future Soldier or Advance Warfighter with Xdefiant, Rainbow Six Extraction, Siege among others

Chiggs

But what about Far Cry 6? I liked this game (after the big disappointment of FC4/FC5 and New Dawn).

Well, you can't be that terrible, I guess...but I liked Far Cry 5. :(

The problem with Ubisoft is not that they don't provide support to it's games after launch, it is the constant infantilization of the Tom Clancy franchise, making it more attractive to a fifteen-year-old audience, a completely generic and empty open world, average graphics, disappointing stories and boring, recurring formula, repetitive quests among others.

You can't compare Rainbow Six 3 or New Vegas, Chaos theory, Future Soldier or Advance Warfighter with Xdefiant, Rainbow Six Extraction, Siege among others

I can appreciate that, but I kind of feel that's representative of gaming as a whole in many ways, though I can understand wanting Clancy stuff to be a safe haven from the "infantilization."

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Well, you can't be that terrible, I guess...but I liked Far Cry 5. :(
Yeah I really enjoyed FC6. Though I can understand what you meant, there is a whole world between trolls and fair criticism.

though I can understand wanting Clancy stuff to be a safe haven from the "infantilization
May Ubi heard you.

Pray Kimmy Schmidt GIF by Demic

In fact I don't care about Ubi releasing F2P games like XDefiant or GR Frontlines, as long as we can have solid games for the main series.

The perfect Ghost Recon game of today, for me, is lying between Wildlands and something like Operation Flashpoint.

Green_Eyes

Wow calm down, the game just sucks, don't let it make you dumber.

GreatnessRD

Went against my judgement and decided to try and give this game a chance again, but this time on PC. Connected my DS4 controller via USB cable and the game stutters and drop my framerate down to 20fps while making the lightbar on the DS4 spazz out. Only game I've ever played, including WIldlands that something like this happened. Took as a sign from God saying delete this garbage and that's what I did.

Lanrutcon

Reinstalled it and there's been a lot done since I played at launch. I'm going to fool around and see what's what. I see they're way less stingy with the free shit now. Launch was silly.

KaiserBecks

Sooo....I'm really tempted to check this game out again. I put in a couple of hours like two years ago, and while I really liked the environment etc, I always felt that I was either fighting drones or random patrol units that stood around their broken motorcycle.
Did any of the updates add more variety? I loved wildlands but Breakpoint just felt so empty.

Lanrutcon

Sooo....I'm really tempted to check this game out again. I put in a couple of hours like two years ago, and while I really liked the environment etc, I always felt that I was either fighting drones or random patrol units that stood around their broken motorcycle.
Did any of the updates add more variety? I loved wildlands but Breakpoint just felt so empty.

I think the drones are configurable now, actually! I saw you can now change certain campaign settings like that one.

SJRB

Gold Member
I think the drones are configurable now, actually! I saw you can now change certain campaign settings like that one.

Pretty sure world settings [the menu where you can disable drones] is disabled when you run Motherland, I was looking for this myself yesterday when I was unpleasantly surprised that drones were back in my game all of a sudden.

I hate that shit.

KaiserBecks

Pretty sure world settings [the menu where you can disable drones] is disabled when you run Motherland, I was looking for this myself yesterday when I was unpleasantly surprised that drones were back in my game all of a sudden.

I hate that shit.

Thanks for the reply. What about overall enemy variety though? Did that improve?
The game is heavily discounted, I think at €10 for the base game it should be a no brainer. Is the ultimate edition worth it though?

Lanrutcon

Thanks for the reply. What about overall enemy variety though? Did that improve?
The game is heavily discounted, I think at €10 for the base game it should be a no brainer. Is the ultimate edition worth it though?

Somehow I have all the DLC. Unsure why: I bought the normal edition on launch. No idea what is and isn't DLC at this point, as I haven't played for a year. LOTS of cosmetics and guns and gear that previously were unavailable are now unlockable though. That's a huge change.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

Drones can now be set to "reduced" or "none" in the settings. Seems Ubisoft reacted to that feedback pretty well.

As for enemy variety, it looks like this is what they added...

I've conquered the first two territories and it feels like all enemies are "Guys who can be headshotted" and "Guys who wear helmets" thus far. I still run into a lot of AI standing around broken motorcycles out in the open world though.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
O my god this upgrade path for the optical camo, are you fucking serious?

It's gonna take me like 30 hours to get this thing in a somewhat useful state.

Murdoch

Quite enjoying this. Is the vanilla version ok to buy or do I need some of the more premium versions to get the most out of it?

SJRB

Gold Member
Quite enjoying this. Is the vanilla version ok to buy or do I need some of the more premium versions to get the most out of it?

Nah the "premium" versions are all bullshit. I bought the "gold" edition back at launch and I swear to god it's the last time I'm ever buying a "premium" edition ever again.

Wildlands is still better but me and my bud who think the aforementioned was the best online coop thing we ever played together are loving breakpoint now.

It's Wildlands at .75 speed basically. I'd say it's the same evolution as red dead redemption 1 to red dead 2. It's slower, more animations, less arcady.

Can't wait for Wildlands 2 haha. Hope they learned their lesson

CZY

game is awesome now. I want a proper ps5 update and I'll dump 300 hours into this. entirely different game from the shitbag launch, where I played about 2 hours and dropped it. go all extreme difficulty no assists no HUD etc it's money af. I love games where the whole area is "hot." FC2 & MGSV vibes with survivalist elements. Just my style for this kind of game, very pleased.

Keihart

Let's be honest here, despite Tom Clancy branded games becoming worse overtime, Siege is the best multiplayer in the Rainbow Six franchise just because of the destruction and movement mechanics. Yeah there used to be some potentially fun stuff like custom armor and what not, but the core gameplay loop of Siege is soo good that has literally no competition on the market right now, there is not multiplayer CQC shooter comparable, the destruction and sound design leaves every other shooter a gen behind because it manages to make them gameplay. I have no idea what is stoping other devs from adopting such cool stuff if this was posible on a PS4 at 60fps.

Last edited:
I must admit. I didn't like Breakpoint when it first came out. I really disliked the gear/equipment level system like in Division. Kudos for Ubi for giving the choice to removing this and giving us the "wild lands" option. I got this game free when I bought my AMD GPU.

Ywap

Most underrated game this generation. If you play on the hardest difficulty mode and disable all the alerts, minimap etc. it´s a fantastic stealth/action game.

Motherland is awesome too and the cloak is really fun to play with but it makes the game too easy.

Top Bottom