• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Hardy (the actor) wins actual Martial Arts contest

Pejo

Looks like it was a BJJ contest.

b25lY21zOjI3ZGQ5NDk2LTI4MjgtNDk0Mi04MTY3LWQ2ZmY5ODdjZTA1ZDphMjY0YjZlNi05NjM0LTRiN2MtYWVmYi03MWRiZDQyYjc2NjI=.jpg

b25lY21zOjU1NGRjMjIyLTEwYWYtNDljOS05Yjc4LWVhODYyNDIwNGM1MDo1NzVmOWFjNi05NGU5LTRiY2YtYWY5MS00ZGQwNzk5NmU5ZjA=.jpg

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bane-Tom-Hardy-Batman-Chrstian-Bale-break-back-600-338.jpg

The event was organised by Ultimate Martial Arts Championships.
And their spokesman could not speak highly enough of the world famous actor.

“Tom was a really nice guy,” the spokesman told The MK Citizen.
"Everyone recognised him but he was very humble and was happy to take time out for people to take photographs with him.

His opponent said: "I was waiting match-side for the semi-final when Tom showed up. I didn't know he was going to be there. And they expected me to remain composed," he laughs.

"I recognised him straightaway. Everyone knows who Tom Hardy is, don't they? I was shell-shocked. He said 'just forget it's me and do what you would normally do'.
"He's a really strong guy...You wouldn't think it with him being a celebrity.”

More at the article:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
He's an actual martial artist in his spare time. You ever watch the movie 'Warrior'? That was no acting.
legit a great film.

also never forget

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I wonder if they'll put him in Mortal Kombat.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
That would be an interesting fight. A prime Dolph versus Hardy. Dolph is trained in multiple disciplines not to mention a legit genius. The fucker.

It wouldn't be interesting at all. You should read about the spar session in ROCKY 4 where Sylvester Stallone literally almost died taking a full on punch to the chest - with gloves on. He's also like 6'5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom