• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: A New AAA ALIEN Game is in Development

Draugoth

Gold Member
alien-aaa-game.jpg

Sources, who have provided documents and information under the condition of anonymity have shown that a new AAA Alien game is in development with a tentative holiday 2023 release.

It’s understood that the Alien title, currently believed to be under the codename “Marathon” is currently being developed for current-generation consoles with a AAA budget.

Unfortunately, Insider Gaming wasn’t able to verify the developer behind the project but learned that the game is slated to be a survival horror that will take inspiration from franchises including Dead Space and Resident Evil.

The same source, who provided the documentation and concept art of the Alien title has also said that an Alien: Isolation sequel is either in development or is currently being pitched. The developer behind the game wasn’t given, but presumably, Creative Assembly could be working on the project. For now, Insider Gaming would like to report this title heavily under the RUMOR category until more corroboration or reports are provided.

Insider Gaming tried to contact Creative Assembly for comment, but those contacted were unresponsive before the publication of this report.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Yeah, another game of Alien Isolation's caliber would be nice but I temper my expectations for now. Can't help but to think this is going to be yet another crushing disappointment when they announce it to be some kind of multiplayer-focused bullshit.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Alien is not scary. We know what it is, how it looks, what it does... It was scary when the movie was new.
It is possible to make a good game around it but not a scary game.
And alien Isolation was neither scary or good. It was 4 hours game that was stretched to 20 hours and consisted of hiding under beds and enabling power generators... over and over and over. I think people who praise it have not really finished it. I did and it's pain

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Alien is not scary. We know what it is, how it looks, what it does... It was scary when the movie was new.
And alien Isolation was neither scary or good. It was 4 hours game that was stretched to 20 hours and consisted of hiding under beds and enabling power generators... over and over and over. I think people who praise it have not really finished it. I did and it's pain
I finished it multiple times and found it to be a masterpiece. Boo ya.

I just hope this isn't a generic shooter coop game.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

If you found it a masterpiece, good for you. You are alien fan and don't care for quality of the game.
The game is extremely repetitive and uninspired after first few hours.
Even my father, a huge Alien fan... fell off after 10 hours and he was watching me play games back there often all the way through

Kuranghi

If you found it a masterpiece, good for you. You are alien fan and don't care for quality of the game.
Even my father, a huge Alien fan... fell off after 10 hours and he was watching me play games back there often all the way through

I heard it was great for years and gave it a go in 2020 but I stopped playing after an hour or so, I loved the environments, the tone, the atmosphere, the story seemed interesting enough but I didn't understand you couldn't fight the androids for a good few minutes and so I tried hiding and moving through the game with confrontation and I just found it... not fun.

There have been many games I've played with minimal gameplay or no fighting that I loved, and some even that I didn't even particular really relish the gameplay but I play it because I like other aspects of it like the scenario, story, characters and environment.

The gameplay in Alien Isolation was so not fun I just couldn't even push through. I probably need to play it with someone who's already beat it, imo thats not very good game design though.

Looking forward to this. Isolation was great. Only criticism I had of this game was that it overstayed its welcome and stretched on for too long.

Reactions: Isa

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Sigh... more Aliens bullshit.

The franchise was at its best with the first film and Isolation perfectly recreated that feeling.

Alien is a classic, but Aliens is superior.

The franchise hit its peak with Aliens, but sadly no game has come close to recreating that film.

Rat Rage

Alien is a classic, but Aliens is superior.

How can you objectively say that? Only a pure action film fan could say that based on his mere personal preference. Alien is a sci-fi horror movie , while Aliens is an action thriller. They can't be directly compared. They both are great in their own way.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
How can you objectively say that? Only a a pure action film fan could say that based on his mere personal preference. Alien is a sci-fi horror movie , while Aliens is an action thriller. They can't be directly compared. They both are great in their own way.

Although the tones are different, they can still be directly compared as they're films in the same series, with Aliens being the direct sequel to Alien.

Vick

Gold Member
Just give me another masterpiece from Creative Assembly, please.

3qZSMd.gif

Go back to COD if you want to shoot things with 5 year olds. Alien Isolation was a masterpeice. The AI was incredible and the tension was insane. There are a million games where you shoot your way though a level but very few that require stealth, and skill to bypass an undefeatable enemy.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Go back to COD if you want to shoot things with 5 year olds. Alien Isolation was a masterpeice. The AI was incredible and the tension was insane. There are a million games where you shoot your way though a level but very few that require stealth, and skill to bypass an undefeatable enemy.
I Finished this game and I concur. I think it would be great for 4-5 hours game.. not 20. I loudly sighted every time I had to restore power in last hours of the game.
My thought line up quite a bit with this if you want to watch. I don't often agreed with these guys but this is how me and my father felt with Isolation.

This franchise is played out, on film and in games. There's nothing really more interesting that can be done with Aliens that hasn't already been done. Yes the first 2 films are amazing, two of the greatest in their respective genres. However Isolation already captures the feeling of the best section from Alien and the recent Fireteam Elite captures the action of Aliens pretty well. Not to mention the movies inspired and continues to inspire tons of unrelated games: System Shock, Dead Space, Prey 2017, Scorn, Calisto Protocol... Move on please. There's so many other movie franchises that deserve video game takes yet never even got one. Aliens have had too many.

ANIMAL1975

Aliens is a comedy, generic Hollywood bull that for any Alien big fan was a gigantic disappointment.

Is this a different game that the announced Aliens VR game from earlier this year? Developed by Survios.
James Franco GIF

I hope it's finally a proper Alien marines fps
with a great campaign and a fun cod style multilayer _ team death match, grab the flag...
better _ Grab the aliens tale and run for your life!

Fools idol

Banned
Isolation was all we needed. Tight, single player, linear and pretty respectful to the original film.

The part where you go down to the ship in a space suit was immersive and intense. Loved it.

FunkMiller

Will they make a sequel to the brilliantly executed single player Alien Isolation?

...or will it be a shooty shooty bang bang, with a multiplayer component, and be about as scary as a pillow?

Spaceman292

Banned
awful take

Arachnid

Alien Isolation was terrifying and the best survival horror game we've had since OG Silent Hill games. It was fantastic for its full length and I've almost got the plat with multiple playthroughs.

Also, Alien is one of the greatest and most influential horror movies ever made. It's still fantastic. Never seen an opinion so polar opposite of mine, holy shit.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Banned
*smh* I agree that near the last third of the game, it is beginning to overstay its welcome, but it was one of the most tense survival horror games I've ever played. The androids were creepy as fuck and the alien made me go into full alert mode anytime I would hear it.

I think this is a very wrong take, but hey, opinions.

Top Bottom