• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Tom Henderson]Dead Island 2 Re-reveal Planned for Q4 2022

Josemayuste

Liar Lie GIF by Fluffy Friends

This re-reveal must have mandatory gameplay and a somewhat soon release date or else this will be another blunder.

I'm looking forward to what they've been working on.

Roberts

Loved the first game (and replayed it a bit when FPS boost came out on xbox), but the possibility of this one turning out good is mighty slim.

ZoukGalaxy

I love so much Dead Island and Riptide, I think Dying Light was too different from the formula, the parkour thing is too much, especially in the Dying Light 2.

Let's hope Dead Island will be a true successor to the first !

fatmarco

It better be more like Dead Island 1.

That gameplay they showed years back looked so god damn boring, not the technical state of the vertical slice itself, more that conceptually it was just so unambitious and generic.

Also I pray its not a "funny" game. I don't want Zombie Borderlands.

Kuranghi

He says late 2022 but I'll be just as happy if I can play this before a hypothetical false vacuum decay event occurs.

kiphalfton

It better be more like Dead Island 1.

That gameplay they showed years back looked so god damn boring, not the technical state of the vertical slice itself, more that conceptually it was just so unambitious and generic.

Also I pray its not a "funny" game. I don't want Zombie Borderlands.

But kooky is in...

Look how well it worked out for Dead Rising 4.

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Are they still pretending this exists? The old devs made Dying Light, had a long delay and released Dying Light 2 since this was announced.

This game isn't real.

MiguelItUp

If this is true, and the game actually sees the light of day, I can't help but feel that it will be meh at best. If it's more than that, I'd be surprised. It's just been through wild development hell for several years. I can't imagine it breaking through as something really worth checking out.

Top Bottom