• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson Gives New Update on Rockstar GTA 6 "Turbulent" Development

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

According to video game industry insider Tom Henderson, work on Grand Theft Auto 6 is in a "very turbulent" state at the moment. And while this would normally be a cause for concern, Henderson went on to say that the game's development is only turbulent for pretty standard reasons. Specifically, he pointed to employees coming and going from Rockstar and ongoing struggles with game development that have come about in the wake of the pandemic as the reason for these issues. Essentially, these problems that Rockstar is facing are ones that numerous studios around the globe are also dealing with.

In addition to providing this context, Henderson said that he also still expects GTA 6 to launch in either 2024 or 2025. This is the launch window that Henderson has reported on in the past, and based on what has transpired within Rockstar over the past year, he's still sticking to this window. Obviously, only time will tell if GTA 6 actually ends up arriving in the coming years, but the fact that Rockstar has already publicly announced that it's working on the game bodes well. If we're lucky, perhaps we'll get our first official trailer for the game before too long.

hlm666

The fuck does "ingame cryptocurrency" mean exactly, shark cards not enough now they are gonna try get money out of the people who wont pay for funny money but hooking them into some crypto shit.

jaysius

Banned
The fuck does "ingame cryptocurrency" mean exactly, shark cards not enough now they are gonna try get money out of the people who wont pay for funny money but hooking them into some crypto shit.
It means the gaming industry is fucked, if it's in GTA 6 it'll be in more things.

All that these crypto things are going to attract is the wrong kind of people that will exploit the game and ruin the fun for normal folks that just want to play a game.

GreatnessRD

2024 i hope its not cross gen !!
Season 2 Fairfax GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Didn't all the talent from Rockstar leave after GTAV? I'm guessing this has something to do with that.
Only Dan Houser (founder and heavily involved in the games), Leslie Benzies (historic “closer” / producer), and they seem to have weirdly managed the WFH situation (seems like a very trustworthy environment), and are full of contractors coming in and coming out of the company…

Now what does it remind me of… 343i and Halo: Infinite… well, let’s see and hope I am horribly wrong here :).

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I want a RDR2 upres and 60fps version for PS5/XSX then I’m set hunting and fishing for a year at least probably replaying that game. An absolute masterpiece. I’ll play GTA6 in 3 years when it releases. Don’t hold your breath guys.

Didn't all the talent from Rockstar leave after GTAV? I'm guessing this has something to do with that.
Only Dan Houser (founder and heavily involved in the games), Leslie Benzies (historic “closer” / producer), and they seem to have weirdly managed the WFH situation (seems like a very trustworthy environment), and are full of contractors coming in and coming out of the company…

Now what does it remind me of… 343i and Halo: Infinite… well, let’s see and hope I am horribly wrong here :).
GTA writer Lazlow Jones has also left.

EDIT: Without taking into account the multiple OG developers that have probably come and gone over the years.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned

Lazlow is gone too, who wrote a lot of dialogue and mostly all of the radio stations.

manzo

Lazlow is gone too, who wrote a lot of dialogue and mostly all of the radio stations.

As Benzies and Lazlow are gone, I have absolutely zero interest in the new GTA anymore. Even if the writing wasn't the best, it was actually funny. Also, in today's world of special snowflakes, the humour will be toned down like hell. GTA cannot be GTA anymore. The current market doesn't allow it.

I'm calling it right now, this will be mostly created around the new GTA online with it's 3 team battle royales and zoomer haircuts.

MMaRsu

Banned
As Benzies and Lazlow are gone, I have absolutely zero interest in the new GTA anymore. Even if the writing wasn't the best, it was actually funny. Also, in today's world of special snowflakes, the humour will be toned down like hell. GTA cannot be GTA anymore. The current market doesn't allow it.

I'm calling it right now, this will be mostly created around the new GTA online with it's 3 team battle royales and zoomer haircuts.
I dont subscribe to the notion that, it cant be gta anymore because of any sort of climate. Rockstar never gave two fucks about that, although they did change some stuff in GTA 3 because of 9/11.

The problem I concur is that I have not a lot of faith in current Rockstar given that Lazlow is gone. He was a core factor in every game from GTA 3, and his role only got bigger as time went on. Benzies was a core part as well, but more on the gameplay side.

Top Bottom