• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Tom Henderson] Naughty Dog's The Last of Us Remake and Factions are nearly finished, could release in the second half of this year

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Probably a safe bet, but I hope they really flesh out the remake with combat mechanics from Part 2. Will they be able to alter level design in a way that promotes using prone position, or other new mechanics, without ruining things?

Draugoth

Gold Member
Naw, it came out two years after Dead Space and thats getting a Remake also.

These games came out on 2006 hardware.

It stills hold up way too well and it also runs on PS4/PS5 unlike Demon Souls, MGSIV and Dead Space, which are/were stuck in old hardware. I can understand Dead Space since it came in the start of X360/PS3 era and the franchise has been dead, but it would make more sense to remake older stuff.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Weird to see a Remake this early.
Supposedly this new engine and the game's budget makes it look unbelievable. I'm down

Happy Fresh Prince GIF by Nick At Nite

Elios83

Neil teased they're going to have a big 2022 and they're doing multiple projects.

Also there have been many hints about the multiplayer game being much more than TLOU2 multiplayer. They stated they want to prove they can tell a great story within multiplayer games.
So I'd expect that co-op might be a big focus and there will be a new story.

The TLOU remake obviously makes sense to tie in with the HBO series and it might be a really impressive graphical showcase. Can't say that it's a game I feel I have to replay atm.

Kokoloko85

Naw, it came out two years after Dead Space and thats getting a Remake also.

These games came out on 2006 hardware.
Demon Souls also came out 2006 Hardware
I would of rather they spent the time and money on a different project than TLOU remake, but if it has new story elements and gameplay Im down

sircaw

Banned
Is/was multiplayer in the Tlou a big thing?

I played the single-player but never bothered with Mp

Really do wonder what this factions game will be like compared to some of the other online games.

Is it meant to be free, like Fortnight, Apex legends, etc, so little known?

Could this be one of Sony's biggest hits in terms of numbers?

People have been asking for more mp shooters, and with Naughty dogs incredible quality to detail, i guess this will fit the bill rather nicely. :messenger_grinning:

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Is/was multiplayer in the Tlou a big thing?

I played the single-player but never bothered with Mp
Was pretty fun yeah. Was 4v4 TDM.

Really do wonder what this factions game will be like compared to some of the other online games.

Is it meant to be free, like Fortnight, Apex legends, etc, so little known?

Could this be one of Sony's biggest hits in terms of numbers?

People have been asking for more mp shooters, and with Naughty dogs incredible quality to detail, i guess this will fit the bill rather nicely. :messenger_grinning:
I'd expect like a Destiny clone thing. Probably both PvE and PvP modes.

Who asked for a TLoU remake?
Not me. What a waste. I would've preferred a proper Lsst of Us 2 remaster instead of a simple unlocking of the framerate while being stuck at 1440p on Ps5. Like really Naughty Dog? Same with Uncharted 4 Collection (which is an actual Ps5 version; 1440p/60 w/no other visual improvement).

Naughty Dog brought us the excellent LoU1 ps4 remaster and Uncharted 1-3 collection and now they are half assing it so far on ps5. Not off to a good start imo.

If I remember right will be a next gen patch, not a remaster.
It's not a patch. A patch would be a patch for the PS4 and Xbox One versions. This is a separate game that you have to download. If they put the game out at retail on PS5 and Series X then that's the same thing as something getting a remaster. It's a separate SKU with new content and updated graphics. No difference there at all from any other remaster. Learn wtf you're talking about

Last edited:

Camreezie

So? Doesn't make the game any less old.
In the example given you wouldnt have been able to play Demon Souls on Ps4. I know I'd rather have remakes of stuff that I can't currently play on current consoles than a tiny upgrade. (Same goes for Uncharted 4/ Lost legacy )

Lognor

Banned
So multiplayer will come two years after the release of the single player game? Jesus. Can't believe it's taken them that long to get this thing done!

Top Bottom