• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Tom Henderson] Official PlayStation 5 “Pro” Controllers Coming Soon

Draugoth

Gold Member
Sony is working on a “genuine professional controller” for the PlayStation 5 and the company will reveal new hardware in the coming weeks, sources have claimed.

It’s believed the codename of the controller is “Hunt”, which will have several interesting features including removable analog sticks, trigger stops, and rear buttons (flappy paddles).

These claims of such hardware came alongside pictures of the alleged prototype, which has been sent under the condition that the pictures are not published and the source remains anonymous.

Pictures of the controller keep the classic PlayStation 5 style, but show a few key differences. One of the biggest changes is buttons under the analog sticks, which allow you to completely remove the analog sticks; which Sony refers to as “removable stick units”.

Another feature includes the trigger stops at the back of the controller, in addition to flappy paddles/buttons that have become increasingly popular over the years with players turning to companies such as SCUF Gaming and NACON for such controllers.

The prototype also features grips to help hold the controller, which also seems to be removable.

According to the same source, it’s also been said that the PS5 controller, which was referred to as the “PS5 Pro Controller” in casual conversation, will have significant software upgrades.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

It’s believed the codename of the controller is “Hunt”, which will have several interesting features including removable analog sticks, trigger stops, and rear buttons (flappy paddles)

These claims of such hardware came alongside pictures of the alleged prototype, which has been sent under the condition that the pictures are not published and the source remains anonymous.

Pictures of the controller keep the classic PlayStation 5 style, but show a few key differences. One of the biggest changes is buttons under the analog sticks, which allow you to completely remove the analog sticks; which Sony refers to as “removable stick units”.

Another feature includes the trigger stops at the back of the controller, in addition to flappy paddles/buttons that have become increasingly popular over the years with players turning to companies such as SCUF Gaming and NACON for such controllers.

The prototype also features grips to help hold the controller, which also seems to be removable.

According to the same source, it’s also been said that the PS5 controller, which was referred to as the “PS5 Pro Controller” in casual conversation, will have significant software upgrades.

It’s unclear when exactly the new controller will be revealed, with the source simply saying “it should be soon”. However, it is understood by several sources that Sony is set to unveil several new bits of hardware at the end of this month (not a new console), but it’s unclear whether or not the lineup will reveal this new controller.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
To match with the PS5 Pro? 🤔
I Hope Please GIF

Thank god. I hate not having back buttons on my controllers. Clicking the sticks in suck, and for games like Elden Ring I can set the circle button to sprint so I can run and move the camera at the same time. Only good news.

Quasicat

Hopefully with a better build quality. I had an Elite which had a busted bumper and an Elite 2 with a cracked back after a little more than a year. These are the only controllers that have ever broken for me ever. Even the Switch Pro controller, which has over 2,000 hours clocked in on it (according to my system) still plays as good as new.

icerock

Scuf PS5 start at $229.99 plus taxes, Battlebeavers at $219.99

This is gonna be expensive but at least these companies won't be able to loot everyone looking for one

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
giphy.gif

Put some back buttons, make the build more premium and make the batery huge and i will buy it immediately. I love the dual sense controller and its features but a pro model would be awesome. Oh yeah price it right, don't ask 230$ like those cheap ass SCUF controllers.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’m not so sure this is legit. They’d need to come to a deal with Scuf for the paddles and surely hair lock triggers and Sony’s existing haptics can’t exist together? So they’d have a pro controller with no trigger haptics?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
About damn time. The elite controller has been massive for Microsoft and its got shit build quality.

So Sony, make a damn good durable controller and you will be rolling in it.

Garibaldi

Removable analog sticks?

ryan reynolds hd GIF
The elite for the Xbox has a different selection of nubs you can use. One is longer for a longer throw, one is standard and one is a 360 style nub (I think). You can also set the tension of the actual stick on the elite to one of three presets. I assume this will work the same way.

The trigger stops while sounding great (and they are on the elite) are less useful on the dual sense as they could just tension up the adaptive triggers as a soft stop

T-Cake

If it comes with a PC dongle I’ll bite. I never got an Elite because I hate the d pad. Dualsense d pad is quite decent.

Yeah, they really need to get some proper drivers for Windows and make it a system wide controller without any extra configuration.

Top Bottom