• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson - PS5 redesign planned for 2023 with detachable disc drive

ZoukGalaxy

how high wtf GIF
Family member of the designer which you can see here live from its work desk where he take inspiration.
Water Shitting GIF by LLIMOO

Last edited:
I can see them mirror the launch of the PS4 Pro, to a degree. The PS4 launched at $399 in 2013 and by the time 2016 came around the PS4 price had dropped and they launched the PS4 Pro at $399.

This time, they launched the PS5 with 2 models, a $399 discless one and a $499 disc one. Now we have the rumor that they'll launch a revision next year that's discless and that'll be the new base model. If the PS5 Pro isn't due until holiday 2024 then I could see a scenario where the base model is offered at $349 or $399, and the PS5 Pro is offered at $499.

There's no reality where a PS5 Pro is sold at $699.
I can see 599 but that would be the absolute maximum.

I can see them mirror the launch of the PS4 Pro, to a degree. The PS4 launched at $399 in 2013 and by the time 2016 came around the PS4 price had dropped and they launched the PS4 Pro at $399.

This time, they launched the PS5 with 2 models, a $399 discless one and a $499 disc one. Now we have the rumor that they'll launch a revision next year that's discless and that'll be the new base model. If the PS5 Pro isn't due until holiday 2024 then I could see a scenario where the base model is offered at $349 or $399, and the PS5 Pro is offered at $499.

There's no reality where a PS5 Pro is sold at $699.

I seriously doubt you will get an official price cut ever. That's what makes this rumor sketchy, as mentioned the margins are better on the disc console as it is. The only real reason to do this is if you don't have the production capability to do 3 consoles at once.

The Pro could be $599, But if it's $599 I think it's not going to be that big of an upgrade. That's why I said $699. You have to make it worthwhile to people to buy it over the standard console.

Wooxsvan

just got a sony email invitation and ordered another Digital Only PS5 $399 best deal in gaming. Iv no interest unless this leaked version was a Pro console. im guess thats coming 2024 at the earliest.

just got a sony email invitation and ordered another Digital Only PS5 $399 best deal in gaming. Iv no interest unless this leaked version was a Pro console. im guess thats coming 2024 at the earliest.
We should hope its no earlier than 2024 so they can use rdna 4 instead of rdna 3 hopefully zen 5 as well

Top Bottom