• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Tom Henderson] Spider-Man 2 To Launch Fall 2023, It's Claimed

Draugoth

Gold Member
source

spider-man-2-release.png
In recent days, fans of the beloved Spider-Man franchise have been desperately scouring the net for any information possible regarding Spider-Man 2. It has already been four years since Spider-Man launched on PlayStation 4, and while Miles Morales’ adventure plugged the gap, superhero-fanatic gamers are eagerly awaiting the next instalment of the franchise.

Now, it seems as though they’ve got something of a rough date to work with, as it was recently discovered that a writer on the Insomniac team had listed a release period on her personal portfolio website. In the space of just a few words, this writer may have given away one of the best-kept secrets in gaming right now.
Spider-Man was a critically acclaimed title, adored by all and universally accepted as being one of the greatest superhero games to ever be released. It was expanded on with Miles Morales’ standalone game, but that wasn’t enough – fans are expecting much more from the franchise and, of course, from Spider-Man 2.

Mere hours ago, it was discovered (by @SpiderMan3news on Twitter) that a writer working on the Insomniac team driving Spider-Man 2 forward had potentially slipped up, revealing the launch period for the game. On the personal profile for this particular writer, it was stated that she is:

spider-man-release-info.jpg

There are high expectations that Spider-Man 2 will be revealed in full very soon, and that that reveal will almost certainly include a release date and not just a vague window. It’s almost certainly going to be another incredible adventure for Spidey, and we’re all sitting on the edges of our seats with anticipation.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
"claimed"

Seems like good timing since Spidervese 2 is coming as well. Doesn't seem like that much of a swing to say 2023.

I'll still never get over the replacement of Peter's face to attract more casual Marvel movie watchers to the game. It was definitely a Sony executive decision that Insomniac lied about. And no one will convince me otherwise.

Certinty

I'll still never get over the replacement of Peter's face to attract more casual Marvel movie watchers to the game. It was definitely a Sony executive decision that Insomniac lied about. And no one will convince me otherwise.
I was against it at first but after the few scenes he has in Miles Morales I think it looks a lot better. Shame it doesn’t look overly great in the remaster of the original game though.

I was against it at first but after the few scenes he has in Miles Morales I think it looks a lot better. Shame it doesn’t look overly great in the remaster of the original game though.
It certainly is a higher quality character model so it does look better objectively. But it completely changes the tone of the entire game for me. It's literally like they took Peter out back and shot him in the head and replaced him with anew person. Like, imagine if they did this to Nathan Drake, Kratos or any other beloved character.

Tess in Last of Us Remastered is a similar example.

ProtoByte

I hope Gwen is playable…..
Jesus Christ, no.

Spider-Gwen is such a stupid as shit character. People don't like her, they like the costume. Thats the only answer.

Having Miles is more than enough. We don't need more Spider-people. It was such a dumb idea from the very beginning.

This could end up releasing closely to the Kraven movie in October. Since Kraven is rumored to be a villain in the game, that could be a smart move.

Last edited:
Top Bottom