• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Tom Henderson] TLOU multiplayer could be coming to PS4, Job listing suggests

HTK

Banned
Has it been confirmed it’s coming to PC? I’m already dreading the cheaters ruining this game…

Moses85

jim-ryan-laughing.gif

StueyDuck

People gonna be so mad if true.

I just want the game to be good 🤷‍♂️. Tlou2 tps mechanics were top notch. Just make a good survival extraction co-op game and I'm in

It's a multiplayer, it's going to be a massive cash cow for Sony. Ignoring PS4 support and its 100 million + user base means they're going to lose out on millions. This is not really surprising, and anyone expecting this to be some sort of next-gen showcase is naive.

An all multiplayer game should hopefully be straight to PC for Max player base. Therefore being on PS4 is also a no brainer.

Vlodril

That is how Gaas games work. Not sure why people are super surprised by that. Day 1 on pc too and in anything they can put it on.

Three

Has it been confirmed it’s coming to PC? I’m already dreading the cheaters ruining this game…
No but they (Sony) have talked about their GaaS strategy including PC. Wouldn't surprise me if it hits mobile even.

Last edited:

Aenima

Multiplayer crossplatform games on PS consoles usually have an option to just play with playstation players. In co-op games im ok playing with PC players, in PVP games i only play against Playstation players.

Last edited:
Its hard to talk with you, how a smaller multiplayer mode from 2013 mostly single player game should have any impact on standalone multiplayer experience released in 2023. If not the plan to dramatically reworked the core design then it would release just as a mp mode for Part 2.

and first game was a PS3 game if you remember...

Who cares if the first game was PS3, this is potentially coming to PS4 and 5. Also, what radical advancements have come to online shooters since last gen that a PS4 can’t handle?

Your expectations for a MP only game pushing the envelope are way too high.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Its going to be GaaS trash like suicide squad, division, destiny, anthem and every other other gaas game ever made. It will be safe, grindy with enough fun in the combat to keep you playing for hours but it simply won’t ever be as ambitious as their single player games.

Sony investing in 12 gaas games is going to blow up in their face just like suicide squad did For wb. They found success with single player games last gen while everyone limited themselves to coop pve trash and instead of doubling down on single player games they chose to chase the gaas trends instead. Crazy stuff by jimbo.

Roufianos

Wow, imagine being dumb enough to gimp your GaaS, which is gonna be ongoing for years, just to boost your initial playerbase by 10%.

ThisIsMyDog

Who cares if the first game was PS3, this is potentially coming to PS4 and 5. Also, what radical advancements have come to online shooters since last gen that a PS4 can’t handle?

Your expectations for a MP only game pushing the envelope are way too high.
Who cares? Man, you asked me if i played first game and that they propably not going to rework even core of that in new tlou multiplayer. Talking with you are making me irritated, so i will just stop here or im gonna get baned soon for saying something that maybe i shouldn't lmao.

ProtoByte

Who would have though Sony would still release games on PS4 on 2023 3 years ago
If they started talking about all the live service stuff back then, I would've.

Why is everyone acting surprised? Hulst telegraphed this months ago. You don't have to like it, but it's not like multiplayer games push the technical or design envelope. Battlefield 3 was almost 12 years ago, it's not happening again.

Single player stuff, we're probably fine for next gen only. The rest's up in the air.

I dont believe it, tlou 1 remake was ND running the ps5 through its paces, why would they go back on whatever advancements they made already.

Well, it's project started as a multiplayer mode for Part2. It bacame a stand alone game, but I think it's still a PS4 game. I can't see them starting entirely from scratch in late 2020 and releasing before 2025.
Btw it's incredible when Guerrilla makes a DLC next gen only people whine, and when ND makes a multiplayer game cross gen people still whines. You can't make everyone happy, so ust dont bother and make what is the best for the studio.

Last edited:

geary

Easy money…Get it on PS4 and the release next content on PS5 only, to make ppl upgrade their hardware and after charge for PS4 to PS5 software upgrade…We saw this with HFW…

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No surprise if true. It'll probably on PC as well.

When it comes to shooters, you need as big of a player base as possible to max out community size so it doesnt die out.

Even if it's a free GAAS game to download, if this game is PS5 only, the PS5 user base is what? 35M people? And how many of them will play this game enough to keep the community alive? Maybe 3-4M tops?

Add in PS4 and PC day one as F2P cross-gen and it might hit 10M+.

Last edited:
Top Bottom