• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Tom Henderson] Ubisoft going "All in" on Assassin's Creed with 4 more games already planned

l8Htptu.gif
This image always kills me 🤣🤣

DeaDPo0L84

I can't get excited for assassins creed anymore. What was once a fresh idea with a interesting storyline is just this bloated convoluted mess with endless chores to complete that they call "content".

Kurotri

lol just stop dude.

Thats not a fucking "rumor". We didn't need some "insider" to tell use that Ubisoft would continue to make AC titles from open RPG light, to smaller world stuff like the originals to the mobile and 2D stuff or anything like that.

That is what they did last gen. That isn't some wild revelation to pretend we needed someone to tell us that. Shit it would be an even more wild prediction if someone told us Ubisoft isn't doing anything with AC or something..... This is moot point and merely sounds like Tom is acting as if they know some magical thing that no else knows or something lol They literally fucking told us about their support of AC months ago with an entire reveal video,

Tom be like "derrr I think they will go all in on da assassin's creedz, you heard it here FIRST"

@deriks lol this generation isn't even over, how do you know we'll see no new IP from them? Shit, most here didn't even appreciate that was done last gen or the gen before, now suddenly are begging for what they did last gen, of something most here didn't even care to highlight? So meh when the do it, then cry when they don't? lol

Gamers in a nutshell lol

Ubisoft already has several teams working on new IP, I'm not sure it will matter to most on here anyway, I'm sure a goal post is ready to copy and paste as soon as they announce it to pretend new IP suddenly don't matter lol (soon)
Maybe I should've worded my post better, but I thought the actual details, like Sofia making a game with 3 settings was interesting and not the general prospect that there are new ACs coming. That's a no-brainer!

Rippa

Let me guess, mOAr open world?
*scoffs*
I wish they would narrow the scope and do something linear.
More of an action game with a straightforward objective.

This is my dream scenario for a reimagined Assassins Creed.

It’s either that or kill it with fire already. I grow tired of the copy pasta with a fresh coat of paint.

radewagon

I just want a game that takes place in the far future where the protagonist is using the Animus to play through Desmond's memories. He really was the heart of the series. Without his narrative, a compelling parallel in the modern world, the MacGuffin-hunt loses a lot of its luster.

CGNoire

Clearly Ubisoft is hurting for cash lately our they wouldnt be quadrupling down on there already drained cash cow.

Last edited:
Yeah fuck a splinter cell 😐

Ffs Ubisoft just sell the IP and Montreal studio to literally anyone.
God, I miss Splinter Cell.
This forum seems so hate AC so much, but I love it.

I do prefer if they kept it Middle Eastern / Eastern Europe though, this time around.
Ubi should have confirmed a connected universe and merge the brands. There were already hints in recent AC games and Watch Dogs titles that both of them may be a connected universe. The same thing applies to the Clancy games too.

Making a cinematic universe where someone like Desmond Miles meets up with Aiden Pearce, or a Clancyverse where Sam Fisher meets up with a Division agent, or even Rainbow Six meet up with Ghost Recon on a dual location mission, could open the doors to some interesting crossovers and even genre crossovers.

Imagine a Watch Dogs game, where for a part of it, you have to enter an animus and then apply that historical knowledge to solving your next present day mission. Would be way better than the usual Assassin’s Creed game where it suddenly feels bad or awkward to play the minute you step out of an animus(or they just keep you in the animus too long and then you don’t care about anyone from the present day). Combining both, you’d have all of the tools of the Watch Dogs combined with your assassin’s knowledge from the animus and then a way more engaging dual story being told.

Assassin’s Creed at this point is a fictional form of The History Channel in video game form, and yet all they can think of genre-wise is an open world checklist action adventure stealth game followed by another open world checklist action adventure stealth game. So much potential and it’s all just so…safe.

It’s sad.

Topher

Gold Member
Time to go back to being an assassins game and not this warrior stuff. I enjoyed Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla but they were AC in name only.

Get back to AC 4, Unity and Syndicate style games. Those were awesome.

Well, I can't complain about this, I love Assassin's Creed games and I think the nu-trilogy may have been the highest point in the series so far (the Ezio trilogy was awesome too). If they space out the projects well they can all come out reasonably packed with content and polished instead of iterative installments with not much reason to play.

On the other hand, it's a bit of a shame Ubisoft seems to fall short with a lot of promising games of theirs. Watch_Dogs never quite realized its awesome potential, with Legion having tons of excellent ideas and a sensational open world yet not being too much fun to play. Hyper Scape was mechanically lovely but it really didn't need to go that hard on the battle royale/Twitch combo, it may have served better as an arena shooter. The various Tom Clancy games aside from Siege have been rather mismanaged despite some undeniable underlying quality. Skull & Bones should have just been pushed out, I doubt they can turn it around with other delays if they haven't nailed the basics thus far. Prince of Persia remake seems dead in the water, not to mention Beyond Good & Evil 2. The Crew is coming back but both games failed to go near the bests of the genre despite, again, sound ideas. Far Cry desperately needs a revamp in the formula, although 6 took some interesting ideas but underneath it's still all the same.

And among all that there's Assassin's Creed that just works, but they can't rest too easy because Valhalla's DLC plan was not very good ultimately, and the free updates have been hit and miss as well. We'll see, but the projects we saw (even the mobile one) look good.

What a surprise. I think Ubisoft are the most boring fucking publisher ever at this point. Reskinned gameplay all the damn time, no matter the franchise.

I'll take the one that's like the old formula please. Never want to play an "RPG" assassin's creed ever again. I got post traumatic completionist disorder from all the icons on the map.

GymWolf

What is the location for the big action rpg AC?

Was it japan?

(The sequel of valhalla to be clear)

Last edited:

Sentenza

Jesus Christ, Ubisoft, just do the world a favor and sell all your other IPs to someone else.

You can keep Far Cry and Watchdogs, though.

knguyen

All in as stuff all kind of "pay to become super powerful" options in the game and fill the map with even more pointless quests and points of interest. Also there will be 4627 DLCs waiting for you 2 weeks after launch.

Relax they are probably gonna cancel ike half of em anyway. Also, Ac syndicate is fixed on ps5 finally and I remember people dissing that game because of ac unity residual backlash. Now its regarded as a decent game.

skit_data

Funny decision, because going all in on AC is probably what started their descent into an uninteresting publisher.

Personally I’ve started playing The Division 2 recently and I’m just so surprised that I barely hear about it because it’s actually pretty damn good outside of the atrocious loading times and sometimes vague mechanics/overwhelming amount of subsystems. Pretty wierd they haven’t released a dedicated next gen version because it sure would make the game a lot more enjoyable if fast traveling didn’t take 1-2 minutes.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Damn! I'm an ass creed fan to some extent. Usually complaints about length, combat, and the overwhelming amount of icons on the map.

Very glad to hear the different directions they going in.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Full panic mode.

Not the first time they tried this btw.... people with memories better than a goldfish will recall the last time almost irreparably destroyed the IP.

Yep. Good luck with that.

Difference is Konami didn't care for years about their IPs, Ubisoft keep pumping the same games, Valhalla came out in 2020, the only reason they don't do yearly realeases it's because making games takes more time
Hopefully they do the same with Metal Gear and make a high quality AAA universe out of it.

Top Bottom