• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Tom Henderson] Ubisoft going "All in" on Assassin's Creed with 4 more games already planned

Kurotri

Ubisoft officially announced the future of Assassin’s Creed in September 2022, revealing a total of four games in development; Mirage, Codename Red, Codename Hexe, and Codename Jade. Ubisoft officially announced its Assassins’ Creed multiplayer offering, Project Invictus one month later.
Insider Gaming sources have revealed that three more fully-fledged titles are also in the conceptual and prototype phase, with the addition of Nexus 2 already being discussed. Codenamed Nebula, Raid, and Echoes, each of the pitched Assassin’s Creed titles will be developed by different studios and will have vastly different playstyles from its predecessors. “They are going all in with AC and some other major franchises”, one source said.
Ubisoft Sofia, known for co-developing Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation and Assassin’s Creed Rogue has pitched Project Nebula – An Assassin’s Creed title that will have three different settings; India, Aztec Empire, and Mediterranean.

Ubisoft Chengdu has pitched Project Raid – A free-to-play 4-player co-operative title that will be PvE. It’s believed that the titles characters will all be from the Assassin’s Creed universe.

Ubisoft Annecy, known for developing the multiplayer portion of games like Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell, as well as co-developing The Division 2 with Massive Entertainment has pitched Project Echoes, which has been described as a multiplayer title that will use Ubisoft Scalar technology.
Not much more at the link, but basically starting from Mirage we are back to yearly releases.

Mirage and the VR game Nexus and the mobile game Jade set in ancient China in 2023.
Assassin's Creed Red in 2024.
Assassin's Creed Invictus in 2025 (this one's a multiplayer title)
Assassin's Creed Hexe in 2026.

And after that one of the mentioned in the quote above and somewhere along the line Nexus 2.

Personally I love Assassin's Creed very dearly despite what most people in more hardcore forums think and I'm of the belief that there hasn't been a better time for the series as a whole. Its future looks even more promising and I can't wait for Red. The Sofia game having 3 different settings all at once is definitely more interesting to me than the other 3 games, I wonder how they'll do that.

Link: https://insider-gaming.com/assassins-creed-all-in/

Any AC fans in here lol :messenger_confounded:

NeoGiffer

giphy.webp

whyman

I mean as a AC fan (yes we exist) I like that there are more games, but this is the opposite settings of what I want. Middle East or Europe, it’s templars and assassins after all, maybe some America.

Why no AC in Eastern Europe? Germany, current day Ukraine and Poland would all be amazing.

Asia is only interesting in modern times imo, but I’ll play some other games, happy for the people who want this.

MirageMew2

Aztec AC would actually be refreshing and bring me all the way back in. Also curious about those other franchises they’re going all in with, hopefully The Division (personally)

Laptop1991

Not surprised really, its the only ip that makes them money now, i,ve bought them all over the years. Although it depends how live service the new ones will be for me, if they are too like the new trend, then i won't be buying

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
They'll just make that IP less relevant than it already is. I'm waiting for Mirage because it's supposed to be more like AC I & II but that's it.

Kurotri

I mean as a AC fan (yes we exist) I like that there are more games, but this is the opposite settings of what I want. Middle East or Europe, it’s templars and assassins after all, maybe some America.

Why no AC in Eastern Europe? Germany, current day Ukraine and Poland would all be amazing.

Asia is only interesting in modern times imo, but I’ll play some other games, happy for the people who want this.
Well the Hexe game is supposed to be set in Germany during the witch hunts, so there's that.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Why not? ACV is their best selling AC (maybe their best selling title). UBISOFT's problem is they don't want to just be a video game developer, they want to be a media conglomerate with shareholders and the like and so games that are actually good games (despite the memes by knuckle dragged who don't know you can, yanno, turn off the dread "UBI-HUD") instead get the "movie and popcorn" treatment, with UBI trying to make margins on the add-ons.

. . .honestly they just got too big with games that I guarantee they didn't expect to be as big as they were. The worst thing that could have happened to UBI is the massive success of the AC reboot - they lost perspective and now we are where we are. Honestly, other than the Witch AC we haven't seen any gameplay of, I'm not really looking forward to much from these folks (as good as I found ACO/O/V to be).

Barakov

Not much more at the link, but basically starting from Mirage we are back to yearly releases.

Mirage and the VR game Nexus and the mobile game Jade set in ancient China in 2023.
Assassin's Creed Red in 2024.
Assassin's Creed Invictus in 2025 (this one's a multiplayer title)
Assassin's Creed Hexe in 2026.

And after that one of the mentioned in the quote above and somewhere along the line Nexus 2.

Personally I love Assassin's Creed very dearly despite what most people in more hardcore forums think and I'm of the belief that there hasn't been a better time for the series as a whole. Its future looks even more promising and I can't wait for Red. The Sofia game having 3 different settings all at once is definitely more interesting to me than the other 3 games, I wonder how they'll do that.

Link: https://insider-gaming.com/assassins-creed-all-in/

Any AC fans in here lol :messenger_confounded:
Awkward Red-Faced GIF by moodman

Knightime_X

Let me guess, mOAr open world?
*scoffs*
I wish they would narrow the scope and do something linear.
More of an action game with a straightforward objective.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Creatively bankrupt
The World is creativity bankrupt.
They either run any surviving IP into the ground or Remake or bring back something from when things was good.
This applies to pretty much the whole entertainment industry.
The only hope you have is they actually capture what was good so it stands out from the endless trash

Last edited:

EDMIX

lol just stop dude.

Thats not a fucking "rumor". We didn't need some "insider" to tell use that Ubisoft would continue to make AC titles from open RPG light, to smaller world stuff like the originals to the mobile and 2D stuff or anything like that.

That is what they did last gen. That isn't some wild revelation to pretend we needed someone to tell us that. Shit it would be an even more wild prediction if someone told us Ubisoft isn't doing anything with AC or something..... This is moot point and merely sounds like Tom is acting as if they know some magical thing that no else knows or something lol They literally fucking told us about their support of AC months ago with an entire reveal video,

Tom be like "derrr I think they will go all in on da assassin's creedz, you heard it here FIRST"

deriks deriks lol this generation isn't even over, how do you know we'll see no new IP from them? Shit, most here didn't even appreciate that was done last gen or the gen before, now suddenly are begging for what they did last gen, of something most here didn't even care to highlight? So meh when the do it, then cry when they don't? lol

Gamers in a nutshell lol

Ubisoft already has several teams working on new IP, I'm not sure it will matter to most on here anyway, I'm sure a goal post is ready to copy and paste as soon as they announce it to pretend new IP suddenly don't matter lol (soon)

Last edited:

kyussman

How the fuck is this going all in......they have been putting out Assassin's Creed games nearly every year since the first one,lol.

EDMIX

How the fuck is this going all in......they have been putting out Assassin's Creed games nearly every year since the first one,lol.

True, but to be fair they haven't been doing an annual thing for some time now, regardless they've always had a big AAA AC title, smaller mobile stuff, remasters etc

Nothing Tom is saying is some brand new thing and I find it odd they are trying to pass it off as some insider type thing when anyone here could guess they'd continue this.

EN250

They ruined Division 2 potential sales with the Epic exclusivity deal, then whined because "low sales"
They ruined WD3 with the usual Ubisoft assembly factory sandbox design and repetitive missions
They ruined GR:Breakpoint with the amount of bugs and awful story + the usual Ubisoft assembly factory sandbox design copied straight from GR:Wildlands
They keep adding bloat to the the new AC games, making them a chore to play
Far Cry is lost trying to one up the Villains and the story of the games, but peak were 3 and 4, bigger maps making it a chore to play because same problem with mission structure as games mentioned above
Rainbow 6 is fine I guess...

Top Bottom