• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Holland’s Spider-Man Is Returning To The MCU &

Draugoth

Gold Member
Tom Holland as 'Spider-Man' in 'Avengers: Infinity War'

Tom Holland will be reprising his Spider-Man role within the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) and Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige says they are already working on his comeback.

“All I will say is that we have the story,” Feige said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly. “We have big ideas for that, and our writers are just putting pen to paper now.” Feige stopped short in revealing what the future holds for Spidey and if it meant a new solo film or an appearance in one of the Avengers films. Holland last donned the Spider-Man costume in Spider-Man: No Way Home which was a big box office hit grossing more than $1.9 billion globally. The film saw the hero teaming up with past Spideys played by Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield.

In late 2021, producer Amy Pascal teased that they were in the process of working on a new Spider-Man trilogy starring Tom Holland once again.

“This is not the last movie that we are going to make with Marvel – [this is not] the last Spider-Man movie,” Pascal told Fandango. “We are getting ready to make the next Spider-Man movie with Tom Holland and Marvel. We’re thinking of this as three films, and now we’re going to go onto the next three. This is not the last of our MCU movies.”

Avengers: Secret Wars is one of the movies Marvel Studios is working on and is set to release on May 1, 2026. The 12-issue comic book saga ran in the mid-1980s and has Spider-Man teaming up with other Avengers like Captain America, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, Hulk, Iron Man, and more.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Perfect Spider-Man the internet confronts him with hatred he played it perfectly.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
meh. I liked Garfield's Spiderman better. The insane response to Garfield's first appearance in NWH is proof that his Spiderman was very well liked and Sony pulled the plug way too soon.

Holland was a good school era teenage spiderman but a veteran older Spiderman? Eh.

kunonabi

meh. I liked Garfield's Spiderman better. The insane response to Garfield's first appearance in NWH is proof that his Spiderman was very well liked and Sony pulled the plug way too soon.

Holland was a good school era teenage spiderman but a veteran older Spiderman? Eh.
Garfield is the best but Holland was sabatoged by poor writing and the fact that they didn't really give him anything of worth to do until his third movie.

BlackTron

Star Wars streaming is in the dumps, quick let's tell everyone that Pedro Pascal is returning to Disney to reprise his role as Din Djarin, HYPE

Kacho

Gold Member
Still haven't seen Far From Home. I should get around to that since I like Gyllenhaal and Mysterio.

No Way Home was great as a spectacle but there was very little meat on the bone. They set up Parker being a more weathered and grown up Spider-Man after the death of May, which is cool but I dunno... They need to do something really interesting going forward. I don't think Sinister Six will be enough.

Still haven't seen Far From Home. I should get around to that since I like Gyllenhaal and Mysterio.

No Way Home was great as a spectacle but there was very little meat on the bone. They set up Parker being a more weathered and grown up Spider-Man after the death of May, which is cool but I dunno... They need to do something really interesting going forward. I don't think Sinister Six will be enough.
When you watch Far From Home you’ll realize how they screwed up Peter Parker’s character development in NWH. NWH sort of invalidates and undoes some of the important character progress in FFH in a similar way to Rise of Skywalker doing the same to Last Jedi.

Both movies are at odds with each other, but I guess less people realized this with Spider-Man so it got the pass.

Doom85

They need to do something really interesting going forward. I don't think Sinister Six will be enough.

No Way Home is probably the closest you’ll ever get to a S6 film, don’t see it happening in the foreseeable future. Venom is who they’re obviously foreshadowing for a future film, plus Kraven since his silhouette appears in the multiverse rift briefly near the end.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

I just overall prefer Garfield Spider-Man
But I have to admit NWH was good and felt more like a Maguire/Garfield Spidy so I think Tom can good if they keep to that formula and not the MCU shit they was doing.

Kacho

Gold Member
No Way Home is probably the closest you’ll ever get to a S6 film, don’t see it happening in the foreseeable future. Venom is who they’re obviously foreshadowing for a future film, plus Kraven since his silhouette appears in the multiverse rift briefly near the end.
Are the Venom movies any good? They looked like garbage in the trailers. Like really off tonally so I never watched.

Doom85

Are the Venom movies any good? They looked like garbage in the trailers. Like really off tonally so I never watched.

They’re dumb fun to me. Tom Hardy is pretty fun in the role. Woody Harrelson steals the second film. They’re hardly must see but I enjoyed them for what they were.

Not required viewing though as the Tom Hardy Eddie Brock simply accidentally leaves a piece of the symbiote behind in the MCU before he’s teleported back to his world, so I’m pretty sure the MCU version of Eddie (or Flash Thompson if they go with the latter Venom in the comics) will be played by a different actor.

Bragr

Banned
So he was retired as Spider-Man? it's been like a year since he played Spider-Man.

At least wait a few years before you do a comeback.

Kacho

Gold Member
They’re dumb fun to me. Tom Hardy is pretty fun in the role. Woody Harrelson steals the second film. They’re hardly must see but I enjoyed them for what they were.

Not required viewing though as the Tom Hardy Eddie Brock simply accidentally leaves a piece of the symbiote behind in the MCU before he’s teleported back to his world, so I’m pretty sure the MCU version of Eddie (or Flash Thompson if they go with the latter Venom in the comics) will be played by a different actor.
I think I missed the post credits scene in NWH because I don’t remember any of what you’re talking about haha

Top Bottom