• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Survivor Ed. Listed on MS store

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/tomb-raider-definitive-survivor-trilogy/9pg7mtr0mvp9

Tomb Raider: Definitive Survivor Trilogy​

Tomb Raider: Definitive Survivor Trilogy is the complete edition of the award-winning Tomb Raider origin games. This collection contains all the definitive edition content from each critically acclaimed prequel title—Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. Follow Lara on her formative journey across the world, starting in Tomb Raider trapped on the shrouded island of Yamatai off the coast of Japan, to the harsh Siberian tundra hiding an immortal secret in Rise of the Tomb Raider, and finally to the mountainous landscape of Peru to uncover a cataclysmic power in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. With all the definitive edition content from each game, this Trilogy promises dozens of hours of breathtaking exploration, challenging puzzle-solving, and survival combat with Lara as she becomes the Tomb Raider she was destined to become.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

So this is remastered or just last-gen versions packed into one?

I was very disappointed by the trilogy in the end. I really enjoyed the first one, and the second was fine once I ditched the side missions but wasn't better. The third however was very mediocre. The trilogy essentially went nowhere.

To be honest I enjoyed Legend and Underworld more.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member

I was very disappointed by the trilogy in the end. I really enjoyed the first one, and the second was fine once I ditched the side missions but wasn't better. The third however was very mediocre. The trilogy essentially went nowhere.

I think the first one is already remastered but the other two are just complete with all DLC etc

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Hmm I just got true shit in Shadows yesterday.

I'm in, love these games.

DaGwaphics

I do agree that the prior trilogy is better overall. Hopefully the next series will get back to puzzles and heavily varied traversal in place of the repetitive action sequences of the prequals. There is a place for some of the action sequences in TR, but it shouldn't be third-person shooter.

Good stuff. These are great games. Shame about the story though. Next time they need to do more thinking on who Lara is than “a young woman you want to protect”.

Last edited:

Plantoid

Great games, rise or the tomb raider is actually the only game I bought since I got the xsx, gamepass keeps on giving..

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I would totally buy this to replay if remastered and I already own all 3.......

T-Cake

I'm assuming nothing, since the whole trilogy already runs at 1080p/60FPS 4kCB/30FPS on both next gen consoles.

The first game is only 1080p30 on Xbox though (1080p60 on PS4). That game is arguably the best of the lot and it looks the worst now.

THEAP99

Banned
Honestly only the first game is worth playing. 2nd one wasn't that great and third one was alright.

cireza

Banned
I already own all three games. Might replay the first one if it gets a free 60fps patch on Series. Not sure I could bear with playing the two sequels though. Too much crafting, stuff to pick etc...

Last edited:
These games have been all given out for free on almost every platform. It would have to be a pretty significant addition to make them worth buying at this point.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I already own all three games. Might replay the first one if it gets a free 60fps patch on Series. Not sure I could bear with playing the two sequels though. Too much crafting, stuff to pick etc...
It's 60FPS already on XSX.

Edit: Oh first one, yeah that's 30hz

Last edited:

iorek21

Good games, but nothing really remarkable about any of them.

An Okay-tier trilogy from beginning to end.

Fredrik

I replayed them all recently on Stadia at 60fps. They’re quite okay I’d say, and I really like the IP, but I’m so not a fan of what they’ve done to Lara. She used to be unique and badass, now she’s insecure and any female lead can be Lara just by having dark hair in a ponytail.

I still have high hopes for the next game though. And I would definitely get cranky if Sony buys Square Enix and make TR into a PS exclusives. I’m just not a mega fan anymore. I think they need to go back and dissect the older game and try to find out what people like about them. Like why have they turned into shooters? Nobody played the original Tomb Raider for the shooting.

Feel like the actual gameplay is better with each entry.

First was cool but not many tombs. Basically just a third person shooter.

Second I thought would get boring due to all the snow, but it turned out better. I liked the environments more. More tombs, more puzzles than before, which I liked. Lots of real jaw dropping visuals here that I did not expect.

Third game felt like they finally nailed the environments. Tons of tombs, tons of exploring, way less combat. Grappling and climbing was super fun. Outside of the crap story it was nearly a return to form.

Arun1910

Just a collection with games you might already have. I don’t expect major upgrades.
Oh right. I already thought there was a definitive edition of each of these.

Was wondering why "Survivor" was in the title and not just "Definitive Trilogy" if it was all games in 1 purchase.

The first game in the new trilogy could use another visual upgrade IMO, it looked good for the time but could have more going for it in terms of visuals.

I don't think I'll like a Tomb Raider game more than that one, but I've yet to play Rise or Shadow enough.

Orta

Banned
The first game in the new trilogy could use another visual upgrade IMO, it looked good for the time but could have more going for it in terms of visuals.

I don't think I'll like a Tomb Raider game more than that one, but I've yet to play Rise or Shadow enough.

Rise is fantastic, far better than the 2013 game and dare I say it, probably the second best entry in the entire franchise (after the original of course).

Fredrik

Rise is fantastic, far better than the 2013 game and dare I say it, probably the second best entry in the entire franchise (after the original of course).
Yeah Rise is by far my favorite of the three new ones, 8 or 9/10 for me. The DLC is stellar as well. Shadow did some things better but for me they absolutely crushed Lara as a character and the chased sequences drived me crazy, felt like playing Dragon’s Lair or something. Fortunately TR is back at Chrystal Dynamics again, hopefully they’ve listened to fan feedback so they know what people want.

SnapShot

Having finished all 3 games recently I can say that all picking up, crafting, upgrading, skills...etc can be almost completely skipped, blazed through all 3 of the main campaigns while ignoring all of that side stuff with no problem.
Feel like the actual gameplay is better with each entry.

First was cool but not many tombs. Basically just a third person shooter.

Second I thought would get boring due to all the snow, but it turned out better. I liked the environments more. More tombs, more puzzles than before, which I liked. Lots of real jaw dropping visuals here that I did not expect.

Third game felt like they finally nailed the environments. Tons of tombs, tons of exploring, way less combat. Grappling and climbing was super fun. Outside of the crap story it was nearly a return to form.
I felt the same way playing through them, Gameplay kept getting better but the Story kept getting worse

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member

They messed up by giving her a story that's too involved. At the end of the day she's just an explorer going on adventures and treasure hunts and the dangers came from the environment, not from people. The original games were mostly fine with just that plot itself.

T8SC

Just give the fans what they want, remake the GOAT trilogy - OG TR1-3. (Replace 3 with The Last Revelation and it'd be even better).

Umbasaborne

Banned
uncharted is over rated, it’s a decent game but gets boring real quick. For everything that gets called out on tomb raider uncharted does it as well but seems to get a pass for it

i think the nu-tomb raider games are alot more fun and interesting than uncharted, except maybe lost legacy. The story may be worse, but they are a lot more fun to play

phil_t98

#SonyToo
i think the nu-tomb raider games are alot more fun and interesting than uncharted, except maybe lost legacy. The story may be worse, but they are a lot more fun to play
Lost legacy was the only one I haven’t tried tbh so that could be better, i personally liked the darker tone they took with the TR games. Like i said uncharted not bad games but just didn’t hit it with me.

Banned
this gives me hope that this will remain a trilogy and won't be continued.

a new reboot that brings back the old Lara pls!

well Horseshit is also way nicer to look at than Dog diarrhea...

Last edited:
Top Bottom