• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider Review Thread!

AppleMIX

For all the time I've posted here, I've never seen him say something positive about anything.

I've seen him praise some games.

He was liking Mass Effect 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic up until he beat them.

Dead serious.

Lets not forget this gem.

I'm not the one saying Skyrim innovates though. Plus I wish there were more western rpgs like Skyrim, we don't get hardly any open world rpgs anymore and the ones that do don't have the production quality.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454123&highlight=

B-Dex

#icant with the dialogue in this game.

Weapon Spoiler:

Enemy: "OMG She's got a
Grenade Launcher
!"

Lara: "
That's right bastards! I'm coming for you all!
!"

RagnarokX

Weapon Spoiler:

Grenade Launcher
!"

!"

The way she gets that weapon is so dumb:
She falls off a ledge onto her back as a guy is shooting her. She lands next to a grenade launcher, which is just laying on the ground conveniently in that spot, and uses it to shoot the guy.

New image

pcmpfjsl8edg.png

Perfect.

Weapon Spoiler:

Grenade Launcher
!"

!"

BAHAHAHAHA

Is this for real? Oh man, that's amazing. From Crying Over Spilled Deer to Rambo: The Lara Croft Story.

MormaPope

Banned
you're joking right?

100% serious. I saw the same footage and wondered if I should even post that dialog, I'm glad someone else thought it was hilarious.

People are in for such a rude awakening. That part where the dialog occurs also looks really bad.

meta4

100% serious. I saw the same footage and wondered if I should even post that dialog, I'm glad someone else thought it was hilarious.

People are in for such a rude awakening. That part where the dialog occurs also looks really bad.

Could you please share the link for the footage in question?. I would love to see it!

Skilletor

I stick by that. What other big budget open world RPGs do we get huh? Witcher 3 is coming now thankfully, but I do have fears with that.

I find it fascinating that people keep such tabs on your posts. :p

You're okay in my book. It's not like your criticism is baseless or that you aren't explaining yourself well. And if I don't agree, at least I know precisely what you mean.

Plot spoiler:
They want to leave the island and go home.

Gasp!

AppleMIX

I find it fascinating that people keep such tabs on your posts. :p

You're okay in my book. It's not like your criticism is baseless or that you aren't explaining yourself well. And if I don't agree, at least I know precisely what you mean.

Gasp!

I don't really keep tabs, just have a good memory and search skills.

Well Skyrim is trash. I didn't want RPGs that copy it, just RPGs in a huge open world with an emphasis on exploration.

You should just get into production and game design and build the game you want.

Nothing that exists out there seems to make you happy, some indie stuff and future potential asides. Why not try to make your own game?

Shinta

Banned

Odrion

Banned
I stick by that. What other big budget open world RPGs do we get huh?
Going by what big studios have been saying as of late, the "big budget open world" style of games is going to be the next big trend. Studios want that sweet Skyrim bux.

Won't be the worst thing ever.

edit: Technically Dragon's Dogma is a big budget open world RPG. Check it out. :V

DuckRacer

What will you give me if I'm right? I'm just predicting how it will be, since it seems to want to copy every other AAA game.

I rarely visit GAF and you're in quite literally every single thread I view, complaining or being pessimistic about something. It's video games. Maybe you should drop the hobby if you hate it so much.

clear31

Is it sad that i've seen RAD at least 20 times?

Bad movie, but i was a kid... kids are practically retarded.

rad is a guilty pleasure for me. I got into bmx as a kid due to it and rode until I was prob about 18, still love the movie today lol.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I thought of something pretty funny and sad, Angel of Darkness feels more like a Tomb Raider game than this Tomb Raider reboot, and the majority of that game took place in a city.

This game is leagues better than that...

Weapon Spoiler:

Grenade Launcher
!"

!"

It isn't that bad given context.

RagnarokX

It isn't that bad given context.

I dunno, I think it's worse given the context, considering that at that point she
knows that the cultists are desperate survivors as well who just want to go home. They had also captured her like 4 times without killing her.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I dunno, I think it's worse given the context, considering that at that point she
knows that the cultists are desperate survivors as well who just want to go home. They had also captured her like 4 times without killing her.

They also had recently
killed at least one of her friends, kidnapped and attempted to set her best friend on fire and ATL stomped her in the face for like 10 seconds straight.

RagnarokX

They also had recently
killed at least one of her friends, kidnapped and attempted to set her best friend on fire and ATL stomped her in the face for like 10 seconds straight.

That was more of a suicide on his part, and she got face stomped because she killed one of his friends, and maybe some of the hundred or so guys after that were his friends, too.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
You tend to kill a lot of people in these types of games. They hadn't kill her earlier, but there certainly was not a lack of trying.

All I am saying is that she was driven to kill, and she had a reason to be vengeful by that point.

s-bojan

Banned

Weapon Spoiler:

Grenade Launcher
!"

!"

It probably would not be that bad if her VA was not terrible.

Top Bottom