• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony hawk getting next gen patch in March

If you already own a PS4 or Xbox One digital version of the game, you can pay $10 to upgrade to the corresponding new console release. That also gets you access to a new skater, Powell-Peralta mascot Ripper, and some retro gear for your create-a-skaters and a few retro skins. If you bought the digital deluxe edition of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2, you’ll get the upgrade for free.

The PS5 and Xbox Series X versions will play the game at 120 FPS at 1080P or at native 4K at 60 FPS (1440P and upscale to 4K for Xbox Series S). They will also include support for spatial audio.

If you bought the digital deluxe edition of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2, you’ll get the upgrade for free.

sorry if olf

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Paid upgrade is a hard no from me, thanks. I'll just replay it at whatever it plays at on a PS5 currently.

Skifi28

I wouldn't pay for that to be honest. With spiderman you could *somehow* justify the price because there was some actual reworking that took place with many new assets, redone lighting etc. But this one? it's just a resolution / framerate unlock. Just no.

Last edited:
Paid upgrade is a hard no from me, thanks. I'll just replay it at whatever it plays at on a PS5 currently.

The game has a PS4 Pro mode that offers 1440p/60, so would default to that on PS5. This doesn't seem like much of an upgrade really considering its a paid one.

what a rip off, WTF. Pisses me off, I paid for the game, I paid for the series X, I can play it on my series X but they want more money out of me to play using the hardware I already purchased to change some values on a slider basically. Ridiculous...

SkylineRKR

Awesome until I read 10 bucks.

lol I remember I have the deluxe edition and regret it. Well, not now I guess. TH already loads twice as fast on PS5 as it did on Pro. Native 4k and spatial audio, cool.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The game has a PS4 Pro mode that offers 1440p/60, so would default to that on PS5. This doesn't seem like much of an upgrade really considering its a paid one.

Yeah, it's a little ridiculous. Oh well, voting with my wallet, all we can do really. Still eager for the inevitable 3 + 4 remakes / DLC.

AJUMP23

I guess it was worth paying the extra $10 earlier for that digital deluxe version. I will get my free upgrade.

Soodanim

It's nice to see 120hz modes coming to consoles, I'll pick this up when it eventually comes to a store that isn't EGS.

I guess it was worth paying the extra $10 earlier for that digital deluxe version. I will get my free upgrade.
Sounds like you're no better off than anyone who didn't, so it's not so much free as you just pre-paid the $10.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Sounds like you're no better off than anyone who didn't, so it's not so much free as you just pre-paid the $10.

Well they just didn't ask for another $10. Although they could have. Because the stuff in the digital deluxe edition wasn't worth the $10.

Kuranghi

It does seem like a bit of joke to ask for money when you are essentially letting the nex-jen consoles loose on it but with a higher resolution or higher refresh rate set. Its not like there are other upgrades in fidelity :hmm:

Imagine you were a company releasing on PC and you charged people for a patch that adds 3840x1260 as a new resolution into the video options. I'd be fine with it if was reduced in price by £10 at this point anyway so the upgrade cost isn't felt, I think its worth what they were charging for it in the first place, I dunno about £50 though, £40 RRP was right imo because a lot of work obviously went into it but there wasn't nearly as much new design done as on a game built from scratch so a lot of work could be outsourced to model/environment artists in <cheaper wage place>, like how Polyphony does it with the cars for GT now.

Top Bottom