• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS5) 4K 60FPS Gameplay + Loading speed ( Next-gen Update)

This sounds awful. Still no acknowledgement?
Meh, I did all the usual troubleshooting steps but it freezes right when it’s loading the character screen and announcing that I have new dlc because I bought the deluxe upgrade. It will freeze right when that pops or or after I’ve hit the ok button. If I let it sit then the game will quietly crash to Home Screen after 10 minutes or so.

Not gonna uninstall and reinstall because I don’t care enough. I’ll just wait but man that is a shitty way to handle upgrades. First broken one I’ve had is also the first one I’ve really paid for.

I am gonna play the thousands of other games on my backlog and circle back to this later.

Banned
On series x you literally cant get past the start screen without it crashing.

activision have said nothing and seemingly no patches have gone out to fix it, its a wide spread issue

I don't have that issue, just tested it to see if I get the same crash.

maybe reinstall? also do you use power saver mode or fast boot? NEVER use fast boot if you have issues like these.
so if you use fast boot do a system reboot and see kf it fixes it

bender

What time is it?
TLDR: game slapped on last-gen, game slaps on next-gen.

As much as I dislike Activision's business practices, they've really set the bar for re-masters. And if I would have expected any company to charge for a next generation upgrade, it would be them...but they didn't.

Mr Moose

As much as I dislike Activision's business practices, they've really set the bar for re-masters. And if I would have expected any company to charge for a next generation upgrade, it would be them...but they didn't.
It's a $10 upgrade.
They did it with CoD as well, I think.

Calverz

I have this on pc. Before upgrading to a rtx 3070 i played this game on a GTX 1660. I was getting 100fps on ultrawide 1440p......
Why the fuck is playstation only 1080p? Lol

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
But is the XSX CPU that much better that it allows a bump to 1440P?

I wouldn't think so, maybe it's a combination of the wider gpu and faster memory that allows the bump. I need to see a real framerate test to see how they stack up. If the ps5 is completely locked 120 fps at 1080p and the xbox isn't then it might be a case of the devs going with VRR again on xbox. :/

I wouldn't think so, maybe it's a combination of the wider gpu and faster memory that allows the bump. I need to see a real framerate test to see how they stack up. If the ps5 is completely locked 120 fps at 1080p and the xbox isn't then it might be a case of the devs going with VRR again on xbox. :/

Maybe but not everyone has a VRR capable set. I also thought that for other games but it's kind of bad for developers to assume everyone has VRR.

TheShocker

Would love to try this out on my series x, but the game is currently unplayable. Freezes up about 10 seconds into the main menu. Full restart, and re-installed the game. No work arounds it seems. A quick search shows this to be an issue for some people, so hopefully a patch comes out soon.

DapperSloth

PS: Get ready to see some of the worse skill in Tony Hawk's at 4K 60fps :messenger_tears_of_joy:

HQvnFh7.jpg

(Just kidding :messenger_heart:)

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I bought deluxe on PS4 at launch. I don't think the next generation versions were even announced at that point. That's probably the reason for the upgrade price discrepancy.

Its still a dick move as its 10 bucks for those who had the regular game. I had the Deluxe as well so I didn't have to pay. I already did though, as Deluxe was more expensive and not worth it at all.

But if the upgrade is worth 10 bucks... well, its not a patch. You do get a bonafide next-gen version. There are more franchises choosing this upgrade path, not offering a free one (Control for example, you only get it if you have UE). Ofcourse, TH was already a game with a lower RRP. And even for 49 bucks (deluxe price, or base + upgrade) its worth it.

Last edited:
I was waiting to see if Activision was gonna release a next gen version with an upgrade cost (which they partially did) before getting this, but since the SX version is having troubles, it looks like I'm still gonna be waiting for a sale.

That being said, how good is the character creator in it?

Last edited:

Banned
I was waiting to see if Activision was gonna release a next gen version with an upgrade cost (which they partially did) before getting this, but since the SX version is having troubles, it looks like I'm still gonna be waiting for a sale.

That being said, how good is the character creator in it?

I have no issues with it at all so far.

the character creator is nothing special, you can't make anything too outrageous with it just relatively normal looking skaters.

sn0man

Maybe but not everyone has a VRR capable set. I also thought that for other games but it's kind of bad for developers to assume everyone has VRR.
I hear you and it does seem kinda crappy but I’d argue it’s okay to be aspirational on the 120FPS mode as there is still a 4K60 mode. I kind of prefer a setting amongst all the others that is a bit out of reach IF there is already a solid mode. It’s kind of future proofing.

Ribi

sorry for the bump but.. where is the steam release? The assumption was it had a 1year exclusive deal with epic and that has long past. So anyone know what happened?

Denton

sorry for the bump but.. where is the steam release? The assumption was it had a 1year exclusive deal with epic and that has long past. So anyone know what happened?

It is bizzare. Maybe Actard just doesn't care.
Then again, I caved and bought it on EGS yesterday, so I am sure Steam release will happen tomorrow.

Top Bottom