• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2

bender

What time is it?
giphy.gif

Feels appropriate.

MiguelItUp

Dude, why the hell does Epic keep doing Deluxe Editions mere days before release? Of course I'd wanna get this, but after having the original preordered, I don't think there's much I can do. They should really add the ability the upgrade to Deluxe or something. I bet if I bought the Deluxe and asked to cancel the regular version there would be another mix up just like I had with Predator Hunting Grounds. :messenger_angry:

Edit: Wait, I guess the Deluxe WAS available and just didn't provide details at the time? Apparently it's the one I got, so *whew*. Thank you past me! :D

Last edited:
So I live in Vietnam atm and they have every game and i mean even the obscure japanese lolita game, every shop will have it day one. So i noticed THPS wasnt listed anywhere as coming soon which is what they do for pre orders and i called up the shops to ask. Pretty much nobody atm made any orders on THPS. WTF, they have Captain Tsubasa the anime soccer game but you dont order THPS because you think it wont be popular?? Whaaaaat.

Yes I can get digital but im a physical type of guy. Anyway for now no day one for me 😑

Last edited:

MrS

Banned

Reviewing incredibly well. Currently sitting at 87 on Open Critic and 88 on Meta.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
Saw you mentioned this in the other thread, so I thought I'd make sure you saw this exchange:

The console version mentioned a download was required so I was worried it was a THPS 5 situation but people in Germany who got the game early confirmed that's not the case but there's a day one patch to change some stuff from the demo feedback.

Abear21

Banned
Is Pre Load really not available? I was gonna hit this at Midnight, guess I'll have to wait a bit longer

Preload is available for me (PS4) got the digital deluxe ready to roll.

I was slightly skeptical with the embargo being today, glad it turned out well. Re-upped and Midnight can’t come soon enough!

Javthusiast

Banned
Ordered on amazon. Says it will come on monday, fuck me, but I will endure the weekend without it. xD

So great to see it review so well, hopefully good sales follow, which then gives us THPS 3+4 and Underground 1+2 Remakes.

And then as is in Crash's case, a completely new Tony Hawk game.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Sorry I meant on the PC version, seems like EGS failed this one
I don't even think EGS has ever offered preloading, unless I'm mistaken. I think it's just one of the many things that they're missing on their platform that Steam has. They really should work to improve it.

God Enel

Didn’t Play thps2 So much. Only when I was at a friends place as I didn’t had a ps1. But I was rocking thps3 a lot. Was my first ps2 game and I loved it. The furnace (??) was fucking amazing.
Gonna buy this game later when I have my new pc.

btw. Amazing ot tess!

SCB3

I don't even think EGS has ever offered preloading, unless I'm mistaken. I think it's just one of the many things that they're missing on their platform that Steam has. They really should work to improve it.

Huh, I coulda swore I preloaded Borderlands 3

MiguelItUp

Huh, I coulda swore I preloaded Borderlands 3
Well, they said it was going to be, but it wasn't. Still so silly...

"Preload functionality on EGS was listed as being live in May, but Tim Sweeney says the situation is 'complicated. For the upcoming Borderlands 3, however, that's not going to be an option."

It's actually something I guess they're still trying to figure out. I've decided to accept it because I'm tired of holding out on good games because of their own damn launchers. EGS still has a long way to go in the basic QoL department..

Tesseract

Banned
I will not be able to resist picking this up. 1-4 are amazing.

These games are absolutely incredible. Must play gaming no doubt
something about these games puts me into a deep flow state, even better with custom tracks (music, podcasts, audiobooks)

stoked, hope pc launches somewhere around midnight ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom