• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

itxaka

Defeatist
wow, what a behaviour by the mods&Dyack, kind of pathetic.

I´m for if they are willing to make Eternal Darkness 2. If not, count me against.

TheDiabolical

I didn't read my own avatar and now everyone knows I'm not too bright. :(
same here, Too Human...........meh

just tell me when you get back with Nintendo on Eternal Darkness 2

Slamo

Denis Dyack said:
metascore is the metric - don't try to change the bet. To all the mods - pick your meta score. Here is some troll reference from your camp to save you time:

Haze (PS3) Avg Ratio: 57%
Lair (PS3) Avg Ratio: 56%

Don't go to high or you may show your true colors. :)

Don't go to high from Lair and Haze? Seriously!? After saying this?

Denis Dyack said:
I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year. I certainly feel it is the best game we have ever made.

The best game you have ever made is in the same range as Haze and Lair?

FightyF said:
I'm saying that if the game gets higher than a D, then all of the people slagging on the game are proven wrong.

Higher than a D? ffs...

DCharlie said:
the ever changing goalposts shouldn't surprise people. It's hardly new! lol.

Fo' real.

LizardKing said:
just saying something is wrong when it takes one company 10+ years to do what everyone else can do in 3-4 max. and that's assuming the game is top notch.
I don't mean to single you out as, as you said, you're not being a dick but I can't imagine a Guns n Roses fan calling Chinese Democracy a failure of resources.

I guess games fans consider the development period more than, say, music or film fans as games are tech dependant & an extended development cycle can hamstring a project with outdated code & assets but, I still don't think you should call it a failure before it's released.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Denis Dyack said:
I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year. I certainly feel it is the best game we have ever made.

Denis Dyack said:
Glad to see a decent response so far. We may have to "Wambulance" for all the mods claiming the internet is not F41R!

The currency is the tag and metascore is the metric - don't try to change the bet. All those "for" and "against" get their tags changed. To all the mods - pick your meta score. Here is some troll reference from your camp to save you time:

Don't go to high or you may show your true colors. :) No more crying, no more trolling, just pick. I would suggest the tag stay for 6 months but I am pretty easy on that.

The "Against" seem in the minority so it should not take you too long to change the tags.

If this is the kind of logic you use in your daily life, there's no reason to even play a game made by you.
Christ, I mean, I'm seriously worried about you, son.

mileS

So I guess anyone who doesn't like what they've seen from the game so far is a "crying fanboy troll"?

This thread is nuts.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Majik said:
Army of Two (360) is sitting at AVG 72% on Metacritic. If Too Human fares better than that then Dyack wins. Simple.
Did SK make Army of Two?

From everything ive seen, it seems like the story, graphics and theme will take center stage...gameplay seems to be an after thought. It animates and runs like this is the case.

I can only hope it turns out like metal gear in that the story is actually worth the time they are putting into it, and the gameplay can amaze me. Im pretty sure it will have awesome dialog...im not so sure about the actual story at base though.

szaromir

Banned
Wow at Dyack seeing besting Hair's and Laze's spectacularly low metacritics averages as a criterion of success and satisfying his ambition.

Zenith

Banned
Denis Dyack said:
Glad to see a decent response so far. We may have to "Wambulance" for all the mods claiming the internet is not F41R!

The currency is the tag and metascore is the metric - don't try to change the bet. All those "for" and "against" get their tags changed. To all the mods - pick your meta score. Here is some troll reference from your camp to save you time:

Don't go to high or you may show your true colors. :) No more crying, no more trolling, just pick. I would suggest the tag stay for 6 months but I am pretty easy on that.

The "Against" seem in the minority so it should not take you too long to change the tags.

Put up or shut up.

Evilore offered a real bet involving a donation to charity and the best you can come up with is that Too Human, your best game that is better than most this year, must be better than Haze?

You pussy.

RevenantKioku

FightyF said:
So what score constitutes a "shit" game to you?
This isn't about Too Human being shit. It's about the game being better than Silicon Knight's other games. That won't be hard by any measure and still leaves us with the potential of shit, but that's what we're working with here.

szaromir said:
Wow at Dyack seeing besting Hair's and Laze's spectacularly low metacritics averages as a criterium of success and satisfying his ambition.

I'm pretty damn sure he was saying that was what the trolls had reduced his game to in Too Human threads, calling it a Haze/Lair style balls up. Then he says "don't go [sic] to high" about the chosen threshold of the bet because that would show a lack of confidence on the part of those wanting to see it fail.

Denis Dyack said:
I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year.

You don't set your bar too high, do you?

I'm not going to play silly games by choosing sides, but it reflects poorly on your character to participate in and instigate this circus.

Kolgar

I don't think Denis is saying his game has to beat the scores of Haze and Lair, precisely.

I think he's using them as "troll reference" because they were highly anticipated titles, expected to be big hitters for the console, and they fell flat on their fucking faces.

He's saying Too Human, despite how much it's trolled here on GAF, WON'T fail like that. Nay, it will exceed expectations and be a success.

Reading comprehension is key to successful tag bets and not looking like a meat-slapping mouth breather.

Apocryphon

RevenantKioku said:
This isn't about Too Human being shit. It's about the game being better than Silicon Knight's other games.

No it isn't.

I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year

Francias Castiglione said:
I'm pretty damn sure he was saying that was what the trolls had reduced his game to in Too Human threads, calling it a Haze/Lair style balls up. Then he says "don't go [sic] to high" about the chosen threshold of the bet because that would show a lack of confidence on the part of those wanting to see it fail.

Finally, someone else seems to get what he was saying!

Ramenman

I always thought the Dyack hate on GAF was one of its numerous hivemind phenomenons.

Page 6 proved me wrong.

1zqf3us.png

How can you expect some consideration when that's your sole answer to a serious, polite and structured post ?

There's one intelligent post among loads and loads of "you're fat lol" and "go fuck your ego", and you answer something dumber than the average GAF post on a "DMC4 on 360" day.

Man, your game better be completely ace.

Oh and, sorry for not choosing a side.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Evilore offered a real bet involving a donation to charity and the best you can come up with is that Too Human, your best game that is better than most this year, must be better than Haze?

come of it, Evilore's bet was incredibly safe... 90% AAA or it's a failure and it ignores that everyone thinks (or thought) ED was overrated.

At this point, Evilore is offering up DD's money to charity and Evilore isn't stupid enough to not realise it.

The fact that the several times reiterated more reasonable target of something like 80% has not been taken up makes me doubt how serious the bet really is.

And if you read what DD is saying, he's asking for a meta score. If that figure is to be 90% then he has successfully called out all the haters, because they are NOT prepared to put their ass on the line in regards to how bad this game is going to be.

It's all very clear and i'm baffled why people are confused by this.
until the game actually comes out and the deck of cards falls in a flaming heap!

Until the bet is restated with a realistic figure that divides success from failure then DD -has- completely and utterly owned the haters.

The original claim was that this is going to be one of the best games released all year. So, I think it would be generous to suggest a metacritic average of 85% as the benchmark.

FightyF

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
This isn't about Too Human being shit.

WTF, YES IT IS.

Why would he post on GAF, of all places, to make a bet that this game is better than his previous?

THINK for second.

His game is being unfairly treated on this forum.

So he's saying that if it IS shit, then give him a tag.

If not, then the haters who have been allowed to troll the game for the last couple of years, will get a tag of their own.

Haven't you even read the OP?

It was the haters that compared his game to Haze and LAIR.

For any other game, people would have been banned for such trolling. Dennis has noticed this, I have, you should have, many other have as well. Dennis is just calling out the mods on the hypocricy here.

Ramenman

Wait, is Too Human "likely to be better than most that will come out this year" or "likely to be better than Haze and Lair" ?

Is it confusing only because I didn't read the last 30 pages ?

antiloop

Nexus Zero said:
The original claim was that this is going to be one of the best games released all year. So, I think it would be generous to suggest a metacritic average of 85% as the benchmark.

It's competing with DMC4, MGS4, GTA IV, Resistance 2, Gears 2, LBP and similar so 85%+ should be fine.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
If the game is really that good, I don't know why it needs pre-release defence from naysayers. Honestly, I know some devs like to flatter GAF, but I don't think neo-gaf is THAT powerful that it could turn the perception of good games to bad :lol

I am baffled, I have never seen a developer like this on GAF. Just let the game speak for itself, who cares what some neo-gaffers say about it pre-release. If it's REALLY that good, we'll know about it. If it's not, this kind of behaviour is only going to come back and haunt in a really, really bad way in terms of a developer's credibility going forward.

DCharlie said:
come of it, Evilore's bet was incredibly safe... 90% AAA or it's a failure and it ignores that everyone thinks (or thought) ED was overrated.

I think a game had better be a 90%+ to warrant this kind of stunt, to be perfectly honest..

Slamo

FightyF said:
So what score constitutes a "shit" game to you?

I would have to play it to say that it's shit but I agree with you... there's some sort of presumption that it's going to be bad if it scores under a D.

But that's not my point. Minus the trolls, everyone wants this to be good. And a D is not even average.

I see your point. You're saying that since some posters are saying that it is shit, then, if it scores at least a D, they're powned. But this is message boards shit. I don't give a fuck if they're owned or not. DD said that it's one of he's best games and then backpedals and says that he's goalposts are Haze and Lair? It's ridiculous.

FightyF

Banned
gofreak said:
I am baffled, I have never seen a developer like this on GAF. Just let the game speak for itself, who cares what some neo-gaffers say about it pre-release. If it's REALLY that good, we'll know about it. If it's not, this kind of behaviour is only going to come back and haunt in a really, really bad way in terms of a developer's credibility going forward.

Have you seen ANY game in GAF's history that was allowed to be trolled?

senahorse

I am willing to bet that whatever score Too Human gets it is higher than the average IQ of people posting in this thread.

And for the record "FOR", game looks fun, don't care for the politics.......

RevenantKioku

FightyF said:
WTF, YES IT IS.

Why would he post on GAF, of all places, to make a bet that this game is better than his previous?

THINK for second.

If not, then the haters who have been allowed to troll the game for the last couple of years, will get a tag of their own.

For any other game, people would have been banned for such trolling. Dennis has noticed this, I have, you should have, many other have as well. Dennis is just calling out the mods on the hypocricy here.

Did you READ what the clearly troubled man wrote? He said the game is the best they ever made. Then he wants it compared to two really shit games. THIS IS NOT LOGIC!

Look at the kind of posts Dennis is making. LOOK AT THEM. He deserves far worse than he is getting.

EviLore is actually stepping up and making it interesting. Not some pussy footing around.

I don't know fuck about Too Human, but I do remember the Penny Arcade comic about it. When they played it at E3 two years ago and it was barely coherent. That was what, year 8 of "development" or whatever? There's a goddamned rule about these things. Most games that take this long suck! And then you've got someone so proud of their game they're willing to take a derogatory tag on a video game message board on the internet if it ends up being worse than other bad games? OOOOOOOOOOOH

Slamo

Kolgar said:
I don't think Denis is saying his game has to beat the scores of Haze and Lair, precisely.

I think he's using them as "troll reference" because they were highly anticipated titles, expected to be big hitters for the console, and they fell flat on their fucking faces.

He's saying Too Human, despite how much it's trolled here on GAF, WON'T fail like that. Nay, it will exceed expectations and be a success.

Reading comprehension is key to successful tag bets and not looking like a meat-slapping mouth breather.

Explain this then:

Denis Dyack said:
Here is some troll reference from your camp to save you time:

Don't go to high or you may show your true colors. :)

Nexus Zero said:

Could you quote that original claim, because the way I read it was that it would be better than most games released this year!

And i'm sure if you work out the average of all games released this year it would be a lot lower than 85%

FightyF

Banned
Slamo said:
I see your point. You're saying that since some posters are saying that it is shit, then, if it scores at least a D, they're powned. But this is message boards shit. I don't give a fuck if they're owned or not. DD said that it's one of he's best games and then backpedals and says that he's goalposts are Haze and Lair? It's ridiculous.

He didn't say those were the goalposts...it was the trolls that compared his game to those games.

Slamo...what would happen if you went to a game thread of a new game that few has played...say, "Infamous", and the called the game "shit"? You haven't played it, you haven't seen much of it, but you called the game "shit". You'd probably be banned. But if you were to do that for Too Human, it would be acceptable. That is what Dennis is getting at here.

szaromir

Banned
Francias Castiglione said:
I don't think anyone from said trolls truly believes the game will end up like Haze/Lair. The game, unlike those two, seems to be polished from previews, and it was apparent that Haze/Lair were not. In reality, everything below 75% will be disappointment for developer/publisher and a waste of the budget, because it would attract only to ardcore genre fans.

Nolan.

Denis Dyack said:

I... seriously refuse to believe this. This is otaku wars allright. Anyway my belief in too human rests in the other people that have also had a hand in this game at this point.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
FightyF said:
Have you seen ANY game in GAF's history that was allowed to be trolled?

We've seen lots of bashing of games pre-release. Lots of games don't have it easy on here.

And it's stuff like this that feeds the trolls anyway, I think. To a degree it's been Mr. Dyack's behaviour on the boards that has fed 'hate' around Too Human (not that I think he's 'acting out' by general poster standards, but by developer standards..he's had history with gaf unless I'm mistaken..)

I just think the whole thing is facking crazy, and is another one for the annals of GAF history.

FightyF

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
Did you READ what the clearly troubled man wrote? He said the game is the best they ever made. Then he wants it compared to two really shit games. THIS IS NOT LOGIC!

He wants to compare it to games YOUR ILK have compared it to in the Too Human threads.

Look at the kind of posts Dennis is making. LOOK AT THEM. He deserves far worse than he is getting.

EviLore is actually stepping up and making it interesting. Not some pussy footing around.

No he isn't, he made a bet that has nothing to do with this.

Him and other mods trolling the game were calling it shit...how does asking for a "90% average to prove it's not shit" make ANY sense to you?

Evilore, if you truly think the game is crap, then pay $1000 to a charity if the game gets over a 60%.

I will give $250 to the charity of Dennis's choice if you can't back your talk.

Kafel

Banned
Ramenman said:
1zqf3us.png

How can you expect some consideration when that's your sole answer to a serious, polite and structured post ?

Seriously, duckroll has certainly been the one trolling every TH thread lately and using his mod power to edit their titles to make TH look lame.

The previews look good, this silly bashing needs to stop.

Slamo

FightyF said:
He didn't say those were the goalposts...it was the trolls that compared his game to those games.

Slamo...what would happen if you went to a game thread of a new game that few has played...say, "Infamous", and the called the game "shit"? You haven't played it, you haven't seen much of it, but you called the game "shit". You'd probably be banned. But if you were to do that for Too Human, it would be acceptable. That is what Dennis is getting at here.

No. DD is saying that this "feels certainly like it is the best game they have ever made".

Some of you are changing this claim.

He then came up with the Haze and Lair reference.

FightyF said:
WTF, YES IT IS.

THINK for second.

Anyone who derides their logic based on OMG THE HATERS needs to sit the fuck down and shut up.

I'm sorry, but there is nothing wrong with pointing out flaws on a product as we see it. We tore the fuck out of Red Faction, but guess what? Comes around to a few months later with better media and people are now looking forward to it.

And then you take Too Human where we have just gotten delays and then stuff like co-op being scaled back to 2 player.

Sure there are idiots who will continue to hate for no reason, but if you have gotten to the point where you can't ignore idiots on the internet then you need to just give up and take a vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom